• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Atrox88

Gold Member
    Jan 7, 2016
    Carroll County
    Saw this map of the regions on wiki:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Regions_of_Maryland_USA.gif
    Looks like it was uploaded in '09. So it appears that its been a part of the capital region for a while.

That is a little strange that they would have Frederick lumped with DC Metro area. I grew up in PG, moved to Carroll and work in Frederick. Still a lot of good ole boys in Frederick County but the cancer is spreading.

jtaldow

www.mises.org
    Jan 28, 2018
    Montgomery County, MD
    if any county other than MoCo and PG were to be considered part of the Capital Region, I would have selected Howard. It seems to be much more in the DC orbit than Frederick County.

Mr.Blue

Living In A Bizarro World
    Nov 21, 2011
    Miserable in MD
    Most of Frederick is a world away from MoCo. It’s still a red county and the people are more like western MD people. I wish we could give Urbana to MoCo.

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    Most of Frederick is a world away from MoCo. It’s still a red county and the people are more like western MD people. I wish we could give Urbana to MoCo.

Ah, no. There's a number of MDSers down here, and an IWLA range within 5 minutes. I also like to be able to order my ammo online vs the confusion our MDS friends in MoCo face from from some retailers.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Wheaton Hills Sportsman

Jan 27, 2012
    I thought Frederick County was part of the Capital Region because it is a "bedroom community" to Our Nation's Capital, and I am surprised Washington County is not part of the Capital Region now.

jtaldow

www.mises.org
    Jan 28, 2018
    Montgomery County, MD
    Wonder why it ran out of steam. Maybe because Hogan was elected?

yeah, that's my guess too, which is a shame considering that it's not like the Maryland General Assembly all of the sudden became more in-line with the political leanings of Western Maryland. It's still a worthy cause, though I can't see it every happening, even if the momentum continued.

SummitCnty

Ultimate Member
    Jan 26, 2013
    Frederick County
    I thought Frederick County was part of the Capital Region because it is a "bedroom community" to Our Nation's Capital, and I am surprised Washington County is not part of the Capital Region now.

When I lived in Washington County before the turn of the century (funny to say that) it was just begging to be a bedroom community. Once you got past Frederick it was open roads. No not so much anymore. Especially everything East of 81

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    PotomacRiver

Latest threads

Top Bottom