• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • FrankOceanXray

Ultimate Member
    Oct 29, 2008
    Moment of truth for a lot of people at the same time! 0930!!!!!

Looking forward to the result of today's court time.

Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD
    My lawyer has notified the clerk of his “appearance” to represent me, and is off talking to the prosecutor.

Since my lawyer has checked in, I am biding my time outside the courtroom. I can continue with a few updates for now. Once in the courtroom, not sure about the rules about posting or texting.

I wouldn’t be here with the confidence that I am getting a first-rate defense without the support of so many great people. Thank you!

Attachments

• 42308EB6-9CC5-4E5E-89BE-7112232D08A0.jpg
      42308EB6-9CC5-4E5E-89BE-7112232D08A0.jpg
      63.5 KB · Views: 341

Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD
    Update: the prosecutor is in no mood to accept my lawyer’s declaration that I was arrested improperly, based on VA code governing the creation of police lines. R

Barring any last minute change in the prosecutor’s attitudes, we are headed for trial. The basis of my defense at this stage is that the law authorizing barricades in Virginia mentions crime scenes, fires, accidents, riots and other exigent emergencies.

We knew when we were on site at the NRA on August 4th that the Hogg demonstration was NOT an illegal assembly and was not “riotous”, and thus there was no cause to restrict my ability to walk in public with where I wished.

That is the basis of my defense this morning, and not a debate about the quirky rules the Fairfax County Police made up.

Simply put: there was no foundation to arrest me because there was no basis for a police line.

As expected the court is churning through cases fast with little testimony, mostly the judge hearing from the arresting officer then hearing the defense counsel’s brief argument.

With my case expected to include me—and possibly Deep Lurker—actually taking the witness chair, my cases moves to the end of the docket.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    Wow, so no chance to show the videos and pictures, as that's no longer the issue.

Hope this isn't a case of laziness on the lawyers' part.

I think your argument is solid. Hope the Judge agrees.

If not, this will have a chilling effect on the 1A and allow Govt to decide when a 1A free speech zone is required, which is not mentioned anywhere in the COTUS.

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    So, what's the worst case (for Rack personally) - oh well, pay the fine, that's that? I understand that the implications for ongoing BoR infringement is a more abstract thing, but just wondering how the day ends if the judge is feeling especially porcupine-ish on this.

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    So, what's the worst case (for Rack personally) - oh well, pay the fine, that's that? I understand that the implications for ongoing BoR infringement is a more abstract thing, but just wondering how the day ends if the judge is feeling especially porcupine-ish on this.

I believe today is just the preliminary hearing, if the case is not dismissed a trial will occur sometime in the future at which I assume that all evidence including the many pics and video would be presented.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    Here is the statute that FC claims were allegedly violated.

None of the conditions the statute required were present before, during or after Rack's walk across the DMZ

Attachments

• va-1.jpg
      va-1.jpg
      37.8 KB · Views: 331
    • va-2.jpg
      va-2.jpg
      68.4 KB · Views: 337
    • va3.jpg
      va3.jpg
      73.2 KB · Views: 342

Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD
    PATRIOT PICKET WINS!!
    PATRIOT PICKET WINS!!

We went to trial to challenge the Fairfax County Police authority to put up “SEPARATE, BUT EQUAL 1st Amendment Areas”, and WON!

Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD
    This trial court decision is so important going forward because of the many times we will be going back to the NRA to stand for the Bill of Rights, and for our freedoms in opposition to people who want all of that gone!

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA

Attachments

• bush41.jpg
      bush41.jpg
      7.1 KB · Views: 324
    • fdr.jpg
      fdr.jpg
      8.2 KB · Views: 322