• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tallen702

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 3, 2012
    In the boonies of MoCo
    Overall, I think he's done a good job, especially give that everything he's had to fight for has been an uphill battle. He's tackled some very important issues in very good ways. I think touching 2A in his first term would have screwed him for a second term in this state. Once SCOTUS sends the district map back with a big red X on it and hands the MDGA their asses over gerrymandering, things will get very interesting politically and I think he'll have more leeway with how he plays things. Here's hoping Wolf is able to oust Frosh as well.

srephwed

Jul 25, 2010
    harford county
    Any thing to do with pro 2A would be the kiss of death. At all the debates Brown was stating he was in with the MD shooters forum. If Hogan did what we would like it would prove him right and spoil any chance of another 4 years. I like the state a whole lot better than where we would be with Brown or any other Dem. Keep the faith and maybe things will get better.

dreadpirate

Ultimate Member
    Mar 7, 2010
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    Any thing to do with pro 2A would be the kiss of death. At all the debates Brown was stating he was in with the MD shooters forum. If Hogan did what we would like it would prove him right and spoil any chance of another 4 years. I like the state a whole lot better than where we would be with Brown or any other Dem. Keep the faith and maybe things will get better.

Yes!

East2West

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jul 20, 2013
    Nomalley, Nobama

Hell yeah. Let him sell us down the river now so he gets reelected. Then when he is reelected he'll pass laws that get our rights back to us. I don't get how people don't see that!!!!

Abacab

Sep 10, 2009
    MD
    There's a difference between staying silent on 2A in debates and openly lobbying for gun grabbing. The guy is no better than a Democrat at this point.

Marshmallow

Feb 4, 2012
    I’m generally pretty happy with Hogan. What he’s dealt with from the dem side has been impressive. But my wife and I have made the decision to leave no matter what happens.

Doctor_M

Certified Mad Scientist
    MDS Supporter
    I just took it. Rated it as no opinion and in the comments section spelled out what he needs to do to win back my support including standing up to the majority, saying no to do-nothing laws like the bump stock ban that only serve to limit the rights of the law-abiding, and using his veto pen.

Boondock Saint

Ultimate Member
    Dec 11, 2008
    White Marsh
    "No Opinion."

I expressed my views on his web form. His failure to veto any gun control legislation will cost him my vote, plain and simple. If he's afraid to govern in an election year, or worse yet agrees with what he's signing/allowing to become law, he's neither worthy of the office itself nor my vote.

But let's see. The Critters still have time to grease their shit through before Sine Die. Perhaps the governor's feet won't be held to the gun control fire.

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    When he wins his second term, I look forward to Governor Hogan battling with AG Frosh and the MSP so we can use our unrestricted Will Issue licenses to carry handguns for self defense.

44man

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    southern md
    as soon as Hogan does something I approve of I will give him a positive approval rating, until then, not so much.

getting on tv begging the mga to send him gun control bills to sign pretty much killed any chance there was of me voting for him again.

jrumann59

DILLIGAF
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 17, 2011
    When he wins his second term, I look forward to Governor Hogan battling with AG Frosh and the MSP so we can use our unrestricted Will Issue licenses to carry handguns for self defense.

I highly doubt it. He almost has been hand in hand with MGA after vegas and parkland about guns.

Raina

Jun 12, 2012
    North Laurel, Maryland
    I took the poll, surely it's just a way to collect my email address which I believe he already has.

He's 1000x better than any alternative. Have you seen this list of Dems running for 2018?

Rushern Baker, Prince George's County executive
    Running mate: Elizabeth Embry, candidate in Baltimore mayoral election in 2016 and Chief of Attorney General's crime division for Maryland
    Ralph Jaffe, perennial candidate
    Running mate: Freda Jaffe, sister of Ralph Jaffe
    Ben Jealous, former President and CEO of the NAACP
    Running mate: Susie Turnbull, former Chair of the Maryland Democratic Party and former Vice Chair of the Democratic National Committee
    Kevin Kamenetz, Baltimore County Executive
    Running mate: Valerie Ervin, senior advisor to the Working Families Party and former Montgomery County Councilmember
    Richard Madaleno, State Senator
    Running mate: Luwanda Jenkins, business executive and former O'Malley appointee
    Alec Ross, author and former State Department official
    Running mate: Julie Verratti, craft beer brewer
    Jim Shea, attorney
    Running mate: Brandon Scott, Baltimore City Councilmember
    Krishanti O'Mara Vignarajah, former Policy Director to former First Lady Michelle Obama and former State Department official
    Running mate: Sharon Blake, former President of the Baltimore Teachers Union

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    I took the poll, surely it's just a way to collect my email address which I believe he already has.

He's 1000x better than any alternative. Have you seen this list of Dems running for 2018?

Rushern Baker, Prince George's County executive
    Running mate: Elizabeth Embry, candidate in Baltimore mayoral election in 2016 and Chief of Attorney General's crime division for Maryland
    Ralph Jaffe, perennial candidate
    Running mate: Freda Jaffe, sister of Ralph Jaffe
    Ben Jealous, former President and CEO of the NAACP
    Running mate: Susie Turnbull, former Chair of the Maryland Democratic Party and former Vice Chair of the Democratic National Committee
    Kevin Kamenetz, Baltimore County Executive
    Running mate: Valerie Ervin, senior advisor to the Working Families Party and former Montgomery County Councilmember
    Richard Madaleno, State Senator
    Running mate: Luwanda Jenkins, business executive and former O'Malley appointee
    Alec Ross, author and former State Department official
    Running mate: Julie Verratti, craft beer brewer
    Jim Shea, attorney
    Running mate: Brandon Scott, Baltimore City Councilmember
    Krishanti O'Mara Vignarajah, former Policy Director to former First Lady Michelle Obama and former State Department official
    Running mate: Sharon Blake, former President of the Baltimore Teachers Union

Create an email address that is only used for this type of thing.

Herkimer McBoingBoing's brianfroshsucks@yahoo.com is already taken.....:innocent0

balttigger

Ultimate Member
    Oct 15, 2008
    Middle River, MD
    I just took it. Rated it as no opinion and in the comments section spelled out what he needs to do to win back my support including standing up to the majority, saying no to do-nothing laws like the bump stock ban that only serve to limit the rights of the law-abiding, and using his veto pen.

I did the same. Telling him that a veto is a statement by the Chief Exec and that it forces the legislators to go on record to override.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Seriously. For people who want a springboard to National office , actual winning a Governorship in a Deep Red state as a Republican is a kiss of death. ( Ask Chris Christie, et al .)

To actually win , and even vaguely govern they have to acquiesce to at least somewhat on board with abortion , gay rights, and anti-gun . That essentially leaves them running on generic Good Government platform- ie tend to nuts & bolts of running the state, don't raise taxes very much , and don't get caught taking bribes or running off to Argentina with their girlfriends . Essentially what a Moderate Democrat was 40 yrs ago .

Net result - Alienating their putative core supporters of actual Republicans, and actual Conservatives . But meanwhile the Dems categorically don't trust them , and circle their wagon , because the R behind their name is a scarlet letter .

Conversely, their is a huge vacuum waiting to be filled for an actual Democrat that acts like an old time , good government Moderate Democrat . Sure they would face major pushback from the Left Wing Dem power brokers , but less as a Center Dem than as a progressive Rep .

Added- If such a Politician just had to stay a Republican, their best bets for Political Cred would be Congress from a Right-ish district , or to Almost win for Govenor , but sandbag just enough to lose by as slim a margin that wouldn't involve a Recount . ( Ask Gov Sauerbrey about not quite prevailing in a recount - kiss of death , looking like a whiney sore loser .)

Abacab

Sep 10, 2009
    MD
    Seriously. For people who want a springboard to National office , actual winning a Governorship in a Deep Red state as a Republican is a kiss of death. ( Ask Chris Christie, et al .)

To actually win , and even vaguely govern they have to acquiesce to at least somewhat on board with abortion , gay rights, and anti-gun . That essentially leaves them running on generic Good Government platform- ie tend to nuts & bolts of running the state, don't raise taxes very much , and don't get caught taking bribes or running off to Argentina with their girlfriends . Essentially what a Moderate Democrat was 40 yrs ago .

Net result - Alienating their putative core supporters of actual Republicans, and actual Conservatives . But meanwhile the Dems categorically don't trust them , and circle their wagon , because the R behind their name is a scarlet letter .

Conversely, their is a huge vacuum waiting to be filled for an actual Democrat that acts like an old time , good government Moderate Democrat . Sure they would face major pushback from the Left Wing Dem power brokers , but less as a Center Dem than as a progressive Rep .

I can't tell if this is serious since Republicans from left wing states don't win national office. Ask Chris Christie, George Pataki et. al.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    That's the point . Moving far enough left to actually win statewide office in Deep Blue states , makes you an anathama to the nationwide Republican base .

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom