• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bryans12gtcs

Jan 24, 2019
    Dundalk md
    I'm looking for a shop that closes to Baltimore that can rebrush my 1999 colt combat commander ss. I want it to look like colt did it I bought the gun in December it was a Christmas present from my wife and daughter so it means more to me than what it worth. The gun is in good shape and its only been fired by colt during the test shots. Some one before me tried to polish the flats and I dont like it I tried to brush one side of the side and I cant get the Factory brush look so I stop so I didn't hurt the roll Marks. So I'm in search of a shop that can brush the frame flats and slide flats. Thanks Sorry for all the grammar mistakes I'm an idiot when it comes to writing.

Boats

Beer, Bikes n Boomsticks
    Mar 13, 2012
    Howeird County
    Aside from sending back to Colt (first and probably best option) there is this:

I swapped out the ambi safety on my Colt Commander XSE for an EGW one. Colt was tight lipped about what finishing they use for the matte parts on the pistol, however I found that 200 screen stainless blasting media matches it exactly, which makes me think that Colt doesn't brush them, they media blast them

That said, the best option is to send it back to Colt

Magnumite

Ultimate Member
    Dec 17, 2007
    Harford County, Maryland
    For a factory texture use Colt as previously suggested.

For anything but a factory finish you have other avenues. Scotch Brite pads (those fiber scrubbers) come in different colors. The colors indicate the ‘grit’. I has used those on a couple slides to get a good matte texture. You can find appropriate grit abravive cloth as well. You will need to use care and a rigid backing to avoid rounding the edges and corners.

You may also consider determining a matte finish you prefer then contact a more readily available refinisher to apply it to the flats.

Bryans12gtcs

Jan 24, 2019
    Dundalk md
    Yea colt wants $425 plus shipping to refinished it. The guy on the phone told me too beat it up for awhile then send it in to have it refinished. Ok thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom