• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Copenhaver

Feb 19, 2011
    St.Marys
    Is anyone else having issues this year getting their membership. I replied to the new member email and tonight I just got a reply saying that tomorrow at CoB is my last chance or I’ll be skipped over. I replied to the sender and the secretary email address and worried there is technical issues getting in the way. I have all my email send receipts and what not but definitely don’t want to miss my membership opportunity.

Hit and Run

Ultimate Member
    Oct 15, 2010
    Prince Frederick
    Is anyone else having issues this year getting their membership. I replied to the new member email and tonight I just got a reply saying that tomorrow at CoB is my last chance or I’ll be skipped over. I replied to the sender and the secretary email address and worried there is technical issues getting in the way. I have all my email send receipts and what not but definitely don’t want to miss my membership opportunity.
    I would call a couple folks on board. No issues here.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

buellsfurn

Ultimate Member
    Dec 1, 2015
    southern end of Maryland

pm in bound

buellsfurn

Ultimate Member
    Dec 1, 2015
    southern end of Maryland
    check your junk folder they have tried getting to you a couple times now. maybe confirm your email add. you submitted for contact (edit) scratch the email thing just re read op they have contacted you

antco

Ultimate Member
    Apr 28, 2010
    Calvert, MD
    I attended new member training this past Saturday. The emails you mentioned, I received at least three or maybe four weeks ago.

Mike OTDP

Ultimate Member
    Feb 12, 2008
    About two years. The membership season ends in July. We get people who drop, and take names off the waiting list in the order they were received.

antco

Ultimate Member
    Apr 28, 2010
    Calvert, MD
    I expected to become a member in 2020 or 2021, but life sped up and I ended up becoming an official member last weekend.

Application: March 2019
    Membership granted: October 2019

niftyvt

Ultimate Member
    Aug 21, 2010
    Virginia
    I have a coworker that keeps asking me how to join. I tell him and then let him know there is a wait list. He makes up some BS on how he doesnt want to wait. . .he has been talking about it for at least 5 years. :rolleyes:

Sadly I had to give up my membership last year because I moved to VA. So whoever got my slot, enjoy! Good news is I got set up at PNTC this summer. :party29:

LimaVictor

Ultimate Member
    Mar 9, 2012
    Southern MD
    I got put on the list in March and received my email last month. I couldn't believe it, thought it would be another year or so.

With the opening of Flat Broke Shooters, I would think membership to Sanners Lake would start declining next year. Welcome aboard JWB13!

slsc98

Ultimate Member
    May 24, 2012
    Escaped MD-stan to WNC Smokies
    I have a coworker that keeps asking me how to join. :rolleyes:

This pretty much the norm; I have ALWAYS had neighbors, co-workers, etc. who inquire but, NEVER follow through. It was kinda comical when one Lusby neighbor in particular, would bring it up around sighting-in time for deer season EVERY YEAR, FOR 5 or 6 YEARS; and then, his brother actually followed through on filling out (in handwriting? Achhhhh, WHO does THAT anymore?!) and mailing an app and was a member in months!

Same thing everywhere I’ve ever lived with exceptions; one current neighbor is on his way to setting a land speed record for knocking out the reqts to join one of the precious few Range Clubs in our area (- there are less than 6 openings left out of a cap of 175). Funny thing is, he is BRAND NEW to not only the concept of “gun clubs” but, shooting as well!

He is a retired corporate CFO and he doesn’t need anyone to tell him the value of limited availability place to shoot and practice skills development safely!

135sohc

Ultimate Member
    Oct 27, 2013
    So did the 'welcome to SLSC' sign fall down on its own or someone vandalized it ? Last week it was laying in the driveway, I tipped it back up against the posts and it was still like that this morning.

Had the rifle range almost to myself for 4 hours today.. :)

J2Def

Oct 22, 2019
    There are a good number of Associate Members too -- spouses. But the place is greatly underutilized and often a ghost-town. Quite nice to have the range to yourself but also kinda sad actually.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom