• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ack Ack

Sep 4, 2013
    DC
    INAL: But, based upon my interpretation of DC's laws, the rifle in the link is legal (w/ a 10 round mag). I don't know anyone that's tried to register one, so he might want to talk to the registration folks to see if they will allow it. The M1A (again, my interpretation) is good as long as it has a muzzle brake instead of a flash suppressor. Don't know anyone who has register an M1A either, so also probably worth a phone call or visit. I think it will be easier if the requirement to bring the gun in for registration gets dropped, but that's still in the courts. Hope this helps.

Drmsparks

Old School Rifleman
    Jun 26, 2007
    PG county
    http://mpdc.dc.gov/sites/default/fi...ttachments/firearms_eligible_registration.pdf

Not sure about a true ar receiver with a thordsen stock...as ar is specifically banned...you could go with an Ares-scr.

That was my big worry- banned by name. I was searching for the exact law but the best I could find was a brady bunch summary listing dc as having a one feature test.....

I'll start reading your link.

Any other ideas?

EDIT: interesteing read. Both colt AR's and Bushmasters are banned by name. It does not say copy cats anywhere.....

Last edited:

swamplynx

MDS Supporter
    Jul 28, 2014
    DC
    Since he is already a DC resident and doesn't yet own the firearm, he won't be bringing the actual gun in. MPD will look at the make/model and specifics on the PD219 and make their determination. I would just go down their or email Sgt. Hall to get an unofficial thumbs up before making the purchase.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    SparkyKoT

Latest threads

Top Bottom