Go Back   Maryland Shooters > Gun Rights and Legislation > Maryland 2A Issues
Don't Have An Account? Register Here

Join MD Shooters

Old November 29th, 2019, 01:39 PM #91

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1time View Post
It's sounds awesome that you think this is a big conspiracy to rid the county of gun shops but this started long before Johnny O was county exec. The same Johnny O that voted against the 2013 madness, by the way.

I am not telling you how I think it should be or that I agree with it. What I am telling you is what happened.

The first time a bunch of guns end up on the street the conversation is "Do you believe that such and such doesn't have an alarm or cameras". The second time is "Man, I really thought such and such would have gotten an alarm or some cameras". The third time its more like " What the F, they just don't give a shit if their guns are stolen". The eventually someone bitches enough to lawmakers and a law is made. Once you get lawmakers on board with "there needs to be a law" you don't know where its going to go and it probably won't end well.

I imagine it's pretty frustrating to investigate a crime without knowing when something happened, any clues as to what they looked like and there is a huge delay in figuring out what the stolen property you are looking for, looks like.

Again, I am not talking what if; that is what happened. I know the person doing the complaining and he is not politically connected in any way, just frustrated.
The simple fact is everytime a new law levies some sort of additional cost. You and I wind up paying for it.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk
TexDefender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 29th, 2019, 03:06 PM #92

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinecone View Post
Those requirements should be, and in most industries ARE, proscribed the their insurance company.
Maybe. Except plenty of industries have requirements to operate dependent upon their licensing. Food industry has tons. Health care. Etc.

Since you aren’t eating guns, but they are deadly weapons, I see nothing wrong with some minimum requirements for physical security.

If everyone did some reasonable and logical minimum we wouldn’t be having this conversation. Because everyone would be doing. A reasonable minimum. But some people are idiots and don’t. So big daddy has to come along and tell everyone what the minimum needs to be.

In an ideal world we wouldn’t need police or courts, because everyone would be honest, decent and no one would be stupid. Heck we wouldn’t need government because everyone could just simply get along. But I haven’t seen that world even in fairy tales.

It’s the balancing act of individual freedoms versus societal freedoms. I lean heavily towards individual freedoms, but I recognize sometimes that has to be a little compromise because my neighbor is a dimwit idiot (not saying my actual neighbor is. They are actually pretty nice people).
lazarus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 30th, 2019, 09:56 AM #93

Baltimore County Councilman David Marks is looking for feedback on Twitter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NRA - Endowment-Life Member
MSI Member
MD Designated Collector
SOTAR Alumnus

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Sealion is online now   Reply With Quote
Old November 30th, 2019, 10:53 AM #94

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazarus View Post
Maybe. Except plenty of industries have requirements to operate dependent upon their licensing. Food industry has tons. Health care. Etc.

Since you aren’t eating guns, but they are deadly weapons, I see nothing wrong with some minimum requirements for physical security.

If everyone did some reasonable and logical minimum we wouldn’t be having this conversation. Because everyone would be doing. A reasonable minimum. But some people are idiots and don’t. So big daddy has to come along and tell everyone what the minimum needs to be.

In an ideal world we wouldn’t need police or courts, because everyone would be honest, decent and no one would be stupid. Heck we wouldn’t need government because everyone could just simply get along. But I haven’t seen that world even in fairy tales.

It’s the balancing act of individual freedoms versus societal freedoms. I lean heavily towards individual freedoms, but I recognize sometimes that has to be a little compromise because my neighbor is a dimwit idiot (not saying my actual neighbor is. They are actually pretty nice people).
Problem is those reasonable and logical laws will never be enough. These laws will be used to run gun shops and gun shows out of Baltimore County. Then once the "reasonable and logical" laws are accepted in a few liberal counties they will then become State law.

And of course more guns are stolen from homes than gun shops and gun shows so it is only "reasonable and logical" that we expand the laws to apply to all gun owners. Then we will all be required to buy rated gun safes and have them inspected by the Authorities after purchasing the required permit. Or maybe we're required to only store our firearms at a approved facility such as a gun club. And we all know that even a gun safe won't stop a determined criminal so we will all need to carry Gun Owners Insurance just in case our legally owned firearms are stolen and used in a crime.

So No, considering the State we live in and the politicians that run this state I'm not inclined to support this at all.

You call it a compromise but that would mean that both sides get something. What do the gun owners get? I would suggest Constitutional Carry.
Don H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 30th, 2019, 11:12 AM #95

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don H View Post
Problem is those reasonable and logical laws will never be enough. These laws will be used to run gun shops and gun shows out of Baltimore County. Then once the "reasonable and logical" laws are accepted in a few liberal counties they will then become State law.

And of course more guns are stolen from homes than gun shops and gun shows so it is only "reasonable and logical" that we expand the laws to apply to all gun owners. Then we will all be required to buy rated gun safes and have them inspected by the Authorities after purchasing the required permit. And we all know that even a gun safe won't stop a determined criminal so we will all need to carry Gun Owners Insurance just in case our legally owned firearms are stolen and used in a crime.

So No, considering the State we live in and the politicians that run this state I'm not inclined to support this at all.

You call it a compromise but that would mean that both sides get something. What do the gun owners get? I would suggest Constitutional Carry.

It was I believe the fourth, but at least third the the same shop was broken into and still had not installed so much as an alarm or a nanny cam. This isnít the first step to push gun shops out. This is using a legal means to get a business to do what they should have done to begin with.

What do gun owners get? How about not having your gun on consignment stolen or your pistol waiting for state police approval stolen? How about several hundred less guns in the sole possession of criminals?
1time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 30th, 2019, 12:50 PM #96

Quote:
This isnít the first step to push gun shops out. This is using a legal means to get a business to do what they should have done to begin with.
Well I guess we'll see. You trust Johnny O and his merry group of liberals far more than I do.

Since you seem to know about this I'm wondering if you could tell me how many firearms have been stolen during gun shows in Baltimore County?
Don H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 30th, 2019, 01:34 PM #97

I think cameras, alarms, bollards and window bars are a great idea. I just don't trust the communists' motivations for these laws. They really don't give a shit about keeping guns away from felons, if they did they'd be more interested in keeping the felons locked up/
Don't we already have the government's nose far enough up our asses as it is?

Maybe the insurance companies should start offering discounts for the increased security measures?
Member- Maryland Shall Issue
ROLL TIDE!!
rseymorejr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 30th, 2019, 02:21 PM #98

And a certain number of Dealers will be in favor . After all , once * they * comply , they will have much reduced competition .

This will favor a handful of large dealers , and push out most of the small, and medium, and those that just have a gun counter as part of an otherwise business .
Biggfoot44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 30th, 2019, 02:29 PM #99

Donít most gun shops lock all they stuff up anyways?
Sling Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 10th, 2019, 11:03 PM #100

Quote:
You have to take some kind of responsibility as a private dealer. When you are repeatedly targeted, and canít bother with an alarm system, video, or really any means of hardening eventually something will force your hand.

Is it reasonable to charge rape victims for rape kits? Asking for a friend...

Since when do we blame the victims of crimes for the actions of criminals? And make victims pay?
I encourage you to do all that you can to support the 2A. If you do not have twitter and facebook accounts that you can use to counter the drivel spewed by the antis, go over to yahoo, establish an email account in the name of your choice, and use it to sign-up on facebook and twitter. No anti is coming here to be swayed into supporting the 2A, so I urge you to confront them where they gather for comfort, which means social media. Take the fight to the enemy.
Adolph Oliver Bush is offline   Reply With Quote

Home Page > Forum List > Gun Rights and Legislation > Maryland 2A Issues