• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • eodtim

Mar 9, 2014
    Linthicum, MD
    On 21 October a visiting family from NJ was assaulted by a pack of kids in the Inner Harbor. This was the day of the Baltimore Marathon. This pack mentality and one can argue strategy has been used in multiple instances. The police have said they cannot be everywhere and were tracking these issues and DID respond very fast.

But this makes the case that as society becomes more violent the police are simply first responders, not protectors. This reinforces the case for CCW or even open carry. One good armed man can withstand many bad men.

https://www.facebook.com/waltersfor32/

Authority: Citizens for Tim Walters Treasurer: Brittany Kohler

Mr H

Banana'd
    You know my wife. Just your average, mild-mannered, white-haired teacher lady.

;)

Her position is very simple.

She wants everyone legally able to have the option to train and carry LEGALLY. She wants the bad guys to start wondering, "Is Granny packing?"

redeemed.man

Ultimate Member
    Apr 29, 2013
    HoCo
    Any link to a news story from the OP available?

Its pretty sad that the victims left the cesspool of NJ only to be terrorized in the cesspool of Baltimore.

redeemed.man

Ultimate Member
    Apr 29, 2013
    HoCo

redeemed.man

Ultimate Member
    Apr 29, 2013
    HoCo
    They do....dude. Are you from the county or sompin?

Harassing nonviolent white kids, yeah that makes sense. Other than the @sshat in this video I am sure there are some great BPD officers who would gladly do the job properly if allowed/directed by competent leaders. The problem is there are no competent leaders among the politicians that run the city nor the appointees in charge of agencies. The city is a disgrace and an absolute sh1t stain on the State of Maryland.

pbharvey

Habitual Testifier
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    BPD is chronically understaffed. Entire shifts are getting drafted into overtime as soon as they show up for their first shift.

redeemed.man

Ultimate Member
    Apr 29, 2013
    HoCo
    BPD is chronically understaffed. Entire shifts are getting drafted into overtime as soon as they show up for their first shift.
    Agreed and acknowledged. I recognize that the BPD can't ignore the numerous murders and shootings happening all across the city and I am just venting when I say that they should focus on the areas that actually generate revenue for the city. I realize that politically that would never fly.

TexasBob

Another day in Paradise
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 25, 2012
    Space Coast
    One more reason I left the Zoo.

No control of the animals, no punishment, ramifications/consequence for those who commit crimes.

Bloodymore as well as most of Maryland the penalty or punisment is probation. Put them back on streets to repeat the same actions over and over.

Not sure it will ever change. The Darwin approach to fixing societies issues is very slow! :sad20:

pbharvey

Habitual Testifier
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    They have a group of officers assigned to the inner harbor area. The marathon is a big deal logistically and I'm sure they burned up a lot of hours closing streets, etc. Whether or not they ended up short handed at the harbor Saturday night I don't know. I will say that on the scanner they usually swarm on anything happening at the harbor. Everyone knows it's the golden goose for the city. It's a pretty larger area to lock down though.

KevinK

Ultimate Member
    Jun 24, 2008
    Carroll County, Md
    You know my wife. Just your average, mild-mannered, white-haired teacher lady.

;)

Her position is very simple.

She wants everyone legally able to have the option to train and carry LEGALLY. She wants the bad guys to start wondering, "Is Granny packing?"
    :thumbsup:

One solution to controlling marauding animals. :innocent0

Oct 18, 2017
    MOCO-nistan
    An armed society is a polite society. Kids have lost respect because there is nothing to fear. "In my day" you respected adults because if you didn't there was the very real possibility they would commence to beatin' yo a$$....THEN take you home and tell your parents who would continue the festivities. So inherent in respect for authority figures is a bit of fear for what they can do. We no longer have that. Preteens talk to adults as if they're talking to one of their friends. Criminals are victims of society and those they victimize are at fault...talk about blaming the victim. Precisely why we need SHALL ISSUE in this God forsaken state.

FMD

Was listening to WBAL radio and a caller reported that the gangs that prowl at the inner harbor have a new tactic. They know that when they appear in a group, they will draw the attention of BPD and be followed. So they are now calling in false reports of people in the water.

Of course this diverts all attention away from them leaving them free to do their deeds and scatter.

thomfantomas

Crna Ovca
    Feb 15, 2013
    Дундак ex Florida Keys
    The headline of this thread is "Carrying a Concealed Weapon/CCW" maryland will always remain may issue only allowing the wealthy and privileged to carry in a restricted or non restricted manner.

We can only hope for a Shall Issue State!God only knows when that will occur :)

redeemed.man

Ultimate Member
    Apr 29, 2013
    HoCo
    The headline of this thread is "Carrying a Concealed Weapon/CCW" maryland will always remain may issue only allowing the wealthy and privileged to carry in a restricted or non restricted manner.

Oh be quiet Floridian

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.

I am going to mention this again, at every opportunity.... I believe that this year there is an opportunity to compromise. Baltimore Police Chief Davis wants tougher sentences on gun (carry) crimes. Meanwhile we know (from of all places, the Baltimore Sun investigation) some law abiding people are carrying illegally for self defense. We also know there is a lot of nolle prosse for illegal carry. A "compromise" would eliminate G&S, and lighten the burden to get a license to say 4 or 8 hours training like other states. MDSP staff tasked to investigate law abiding people could be retasked to actual crime. And, MD collects the fee income from the several hundred thousand people who will apply. It is tough to argue for a nolle prosse when there is really no excuse for not having a permit. We know from FL experience the 1-2 punch of allowing law abiding to carry and stiffening sentences reduces violent crime.

Baltimore has tens of thousands of addicts and only 3000 police. There is no way even if the force doubled that BPD could police the city. Ever. Plus Baltimore spends $145,000 per officer and is nearly bankrupt. They have no money.

I realize betting on sanity in Annapolis is always a loser, but I have a smidgen of optimism more than last year because we also know from Wrenn that the antis are afraid that Scotus will take a carry case. D.C. is shall issue now, and the streets are not running red with blood. Antis are incentivized to take on MD carry laws now, before SCOTUS takes a case, otherwise the results will be forced on them. There are also a lot of people up for election in swing districts. They have the opportunity to get ahead of the change and spin it. But the window is definitely closing.

DraKhen99

Professional Heckler
    Sep 30, 2013
    This lack of respect is everywhere.

My mom and I took my son to Wheaton Regional Park on Saturday afternoon. When we were leaving, a woman was yelling obscenities at her kids, including many F bombs. My mom told her to watch her language because there were kids around.

The woman's 12-15 year-old kid came running up to us and got in my face, telling us not to talk to his momma like that. My mom told him that trash begets trash, and he could do better, and I told him to stop speaking like that. He then picked up a baseball bat-sized stick and came after us, stopping at the edge of the parking lot to taunt us. We got in the car and left.

Sad. In my day, my dad would've beat my @$$ for mouthing off like that, and I would've deserved it. In this case, defending myself against a "kid" with a "stick", they would've thrown me under the jail.

-John

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom