• Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • I am looking for popular opinions on bipod heights. I am looking to buy a set for my fathers m77 PAP rifle, it will exclusively be used to punch paper using range rests. I bought a set of utg 6-7 inch but it looks way too short

Thank you

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    Harris makes a bench rest (BR) model. 6 to 9 inch legs.

Next size up is 9 to 12 inch legs. Way too wobbly in my opinion.

Good luck.

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    I’ve git a couple of Harris knock offs that are 9-12 inches. Perfect size. I can just fit a 30 round mag under my AR-15 with it fully extended, though using a 20rnd mag works a lot better from the bench. Even my .308 Sako I usually use the bipod fully extended.

That said, I am 6’1” and I am used to having to hunch pretty far down on most benches, so the extra height is nice. Between the hunching and what not, I find shooting from a bipod to be a lot more stable then from sand bags. Now a good lead sled or a nice front and rear bag (not the cheap sand bags you find at most ranges) would certainly be more stable, but I am not hauling that stuff to the range with me.

With sandbags it is really hard for me to stack them to get a similar 12” or so of height and be more comfortable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Tactical Shepherd

Latest threads

Top Bottom