• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 4guyz1stool

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Apr 16, 2017
    Not really how it typically works in the Federal system when they go after a local government.

I'm sure there is a pretty tight investigation when the agent goes to his boss and wants to do a search warrant on another law enforcement agency. I'd suspect there is a C.I. conducting a buy or a wire tap.

While yes there is the "innocent till proven guilty" in our system but the Fed's really aren't interested in wasting their time in cases that the Federal Attorney hasn't already agreed they would charge and indict on. And they like to keep their 90%+ conviction rate.

I am certain none of the targets of the search warrant are relaxed about this.

100% Agree. US Attorney's Office will not take a case unless its solid. Much less agree to a Search or arrest warrant. Whatever they got on this guy is probably very solid.

Not_an_outlaw

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 26, 2013
    Prince Frederick, MD
    Am a 13'er. Was writing letters and visiting legislators in the early 90's. Found this place by accident. I get the insult too, from some who weren't even born yet when I started politicking. It is old.

Sirex

Powered by natural gas
    Oct 30, 2010
    Westminster, MD
    Feom what I read, they were investigating the officers due to an anonymous letter stating the chief ran the department thru fear and intimidation. Also stated was gear and ammunition was missing and diverted for private use. This "may" have been why the search warrants were executed for the homes in PA, looking for stuff. It was also reported the city council looked into the matter, stopping by the police department where everything seemed to be accounted for and explained to their satisfaction. So far, no charges have been filed but the chief resigned. Guess it is a wait and see thing now. I am betting is has to do with Russian collusion and missing email servers. (sarcasm)

Blacksmith101

Grumpy Old Man
    Jun 22, 2012
    The linked news articles seemed pretty fair and clear to me. They stuck to the facts and did not speculate.

Thank goodness I am a twelve'er made it just under the wire.

NateIU10

Ultimate Member
    Apr 6, 2009
    Southport, CT
    Feom what I read, they were investigating the officers due to an anonymous letter stating the chief ran the department thru fear and intimidation. Also stated was gear and ammunition was missing and diverted for private use. This "may" have been why the search warrants were executed for the homes in PA, looking for stuff. It was also reported the city council looked into the matter, stopping by the police department where everything seemed to be accounted for and explained to their satisfaction. So far, no charges have been filed but the chief resigned. Guess it is a wait and see thing now. I am betting is has to do with Russian collusion and missing email servers. (sarcasm)

What type of guns can law enforcement get that the ATF would care more about than “regular” guns? That’s where my money would be on the underlying issue here, especially with sealed warrants.

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    What type of guns can law enforcement get that the ATF would care more about than “regular” guns? That’s where my money would be on the underlying issue here, especially with sealed warrants.

Select fire arms. Taking those home for hunting can be heap bad juju.

Sirex