• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jimbobborg

Oddball caliber fan
    Aug 2, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    I bet when you mounted the Beretta you were seeing a ton of rib. Most people who think Browning fits better feel like they are sitting way high on a Beretta O/U.

That's my main issue with them.

When I mounted the Beretta, the heel was 2" lower than the Browning. I didn't notice the problem with their semiautomatics. I'm mounting them the same way as I mount my PCCs.

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    When I mounted the Beretta, the heel was 2" lower than the Browning. I didn't notice the problem with their semiautomatics. I'm mounting them the same way as I mount my PCCs.
    That's the thing, the A400 pops up just right for me. I can use a little shim down, but could also shoot it out of the box.

I'm a huge Beretta Autoloader fan.

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Winfield/Taylorsville in Carroll

The semis usually ship with the shim in them that provides a crap ton of drop at heel. I usually have to swap the shim out for the one with the least drop at heel. That is probably why you are not noticing it with the Beretta semis or the Benelli semis.

jimbobborg

Oddball caliber fan
    Aug 2, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    Well, I got to shoot both my Superposed and the new Citori CX today. The comb was a bit higher on the CX compared to the Superposed. Other than that, they feel very similar. Looks like I may be purchasing the new Browning soon. I wish I knew about the rebate before it ended. At least I spent less than $1100 on it after tax and stuff.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom