What did you do at your reloading bench today?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RuralRifleGuy

Aug 16, 2018
    Queenstown
    Frankford Arsenal case dryer showed up today so I’m drying some cases with it while organizing everything. I need to find room for the primers I have coming, the RCBS M500 scale I ordered because I’m done with digital, as well as permanent homes for the case dryer and tumbler.

gwfrench

Aug 21, 2014
    Frederick, MD
    Primed 100 of my 45 Colt reloading brass, gonna finish with powder and bullet tonight. If weather tomorrow is as nice as forecast, try and get to AGC to unload some of my reloads and start the reload process all over again.

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    I took some inventory of Primers and Powder that changed since last month. I like to see what my imbalances are in case I can make trades
    I also took inventory of my main Plinking 223, 300BLK, 30-06 and 9mm

gwfrench

Aug 21, 2014
    Frederick, MD
    Finished up reloading another 50 of 45 Colt. 250gr RNFP.
    If I had to buy commercial ammo I wouldn't be shooting anything.
    Ordered some 45 Colt coated bullets from SNS casting, see they work out.
    They shipped the same day I ordered them.

GuitarmanNick

Ultimate Member
    Jan 9, 2017
    Laurel
    Prepping some 7.62x39 cases in hopes of getting some appropriate powder and projectiles. Basically, just trying to keep busy.

Got about 300 finished and was decapping another batch when I came upon a Berdan primed case I had missed and bent the pin in my decapping die. Just ordered a 3 pack.

Last edited:

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    Fairly productive day today. Loaded a few hundred 9mm on the 650, trimmed a few hundred 300AAC cases on the Giraud, and primed them on an RCBS bench primer. I will probably prime up a small batch of 223 next so I can do a few test loads with Ramshot TAC (in prep for mass production on the Mark7 Evo).

In less great news, my SPP stash finally dropped below 10k. Still running good on SRPs and LPPs, though. Really hoping the Russians or the Serbs or whomever come through with some primer imports soon.

davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA
    getting my dillon 750 set up for 9mm and then putting some 9mm test loads together in .1 grain increments (using a separate electronic scale).

the egw chamber checker i have for 9mm seems overly tight. basically the 124 hornady fmj's aren't going all the way in. but they plunk just fine in one of my 9mm barrels.

RuralRifleGuy

Aug 16, 2018
    Queenstown
    Swaged and sized 600+ 5.56 cases. Picked out the ones that didn’t look great to convert to 300 blackout, then started trimming the 5.56. Hopefully finishing the trimming and loading them tomorrow so I can use up the rest of the powder and searching for some Unique for 38/357.

U.S.SFC_RET

Ultimate Member
    Dec 8, 2005
    I tossed out all of my makeshift ammunition containers and went in part with those green MTM plastic reloading storage cases. I also reused empty ammunition boxes for my scab rounds.

temccoy

Nov 13, 2020
    Precision Rifle Blog just finished a large ammo / handloading study, and one of their conclusions is that you get lower velocity spreads and standard deviations with 0.003” of neck tension. Bryan Litz says the same thing in his book on applied ballistics, so I resized 300 pieces of 308 Winchester Palma brass to a smaller neck diameter. Gave me something to do on a winter day.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom