• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Norton

NRA Endowment Member, Rifleman
    Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    https://lis.virginia.gov/cgi-bin/legp604.exe?201+ful+HB67

Looks like they are going to double down.

Redefine "public safety employee" and then say that if they don't follow through on their order, legitimate or not, they will be terminated.

A. As used in this article, "public safety employee" means any law-enforcement officer, as defined in § 9.1-500.

B. Any public safety employee of the Commonwealth, or of any county, city, town or other political subdivision thereof, or of any agency of any one of them, who, in concert with two or more other such employees, for the purpose of obstructing, impeding or suspending any activity or operation of his employing agency or any other governmental agency, strikes or willfully refuses to perform the duties of his employment shall, by such action, be deemed to have terminated his employment and shall thereafter be ineligible for employment in any position or capacity during the next twelve 12 months by the Commonwealth, or any county, city, town or other political subdivision of the Commonwealth, or by any department or agency of any of them.

§ 40.1-56. Department head, etc., to notify public safety employee of such termination, etc

Norton

Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    It's like they are reading Matt Bracken's books and using them as a guide rather than heeding them as a warning.

smokey

2A TEACHER
    Jan 31, 2008
    Do they know we the people also have rules for termination of politicians for tyrannical behavior?

pbharvey

Habitual Testifier
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    It's like they are reading Matt Bracken's books and using them as a guide rather than heeding them as a warning.

If they keep this up someone will definitely use them as a guide.

Norton

Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    If they keep this up someone will definitely use them as a guide.

And it doesn't have to involve a shooting war. Just imagine the part about the destruction of the Woodrow Wilson Bridge if it came to fruition.

delaware_export

Ultimate Member
    Apr 10, 2018
    this should get interesting.

in most states, the politicians attempt to bribe the police folks with carve outs. exemptions from the anti 2a laws. hmmmm.

lets see if they try this route, to buy compliance. and if the various in the sanctuary places go along.

davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA
    wow the dems are really going all in on this. don't see it as helping their cause. don't LEO's take oaths to uphold the constitution of state and USA? seems hard to fire them for NOT following an UNconstitutional law. well, i guess it's easy to fire them but will the courts uphold that or give them reason to sue.

somehow the actual folks who put these bs laws in place need to be personally responsible, ie, subject to litigation and damages, and not just have the taxpayers pony up for the lawsuits they cause and lose. as it is now, there is no reason for them not to throw this clearly unconstitutional crap out there, worst that happens is they don't get re-elected.

44man

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    southern md
    Since sheriffs are elected how does this affect them ?

How do elected politicians deal with elected law enforcement officers not doing what they are told especially since the elected politicians aren’t , judging by all the folks showing up at the pro 2a events?

Will this separate pro constitution cops from the “jack booted thug” cops?? No offense meant, just a question

Allen65

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 29, 2013
    Anne Arundel County
    Another thing the lefties aren't thinking about is that terminations would be challenged by the (former) employees in county courts, where there are plenty of conservative judges. Terminations found to be wrongful could get very expensive to the State.

newmuzzleloader

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 14, 2009
    joppa
    I don't know how Virginia hires law enforcement but it seems to me only STATE troopers would be subject to this and, if like Md, each county hires it's own deputies who serve under an elected sheriff. Stupider and Stupider. This should be interesting.
    Looks like efad is on the reread list

WeaponsCollector

EXTREME GUN OWNER
    Mar 30, 2009
    Southern MD
    If those who take the oath to support and defend our constitution don't start taking that oath seriously, there will be war.
    Democrats think it's a joke and they need to learn it isn't.

I, Weaponscollector, do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that I take this obligation freely, without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion....So help me God.
    5 U.S.C. §3331

randomuser

Ultimate Member
    Nov 12, 2018
    Baltimore County
    Can they be anymore poignant in demonstrating why the second ammendment is still relevant and needed?

The fact that what is happening, is in fact happening should be a wakeup call to those who are on the fence about how important 2a actually is and it should have those who are just on the other side of 2a considering at the very least to get on the fence.

Side note....
    I hate how politicians are often talking about how their rules won't affect hunting. 2a is not in place for hunting. Hunting is just a side benefit. The tyrants stay clear of saying out loud the real purpose of the 2nd amendment.

Boats

Beer, Bikes n Boomsticks
    Mar 13, 2012
    Howeird County
    Hmm. How would that apply to elected sheriffs?

this.

also, they are essentially eliminating officers discretion.

oh and probably pissing all over the police officers union with their banning of strikes. plus, I thought the right to strike was federally protected.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom