• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Balzer94

Feb 27, 2011
    I’m getting ready to order the Spikes Tactical “The Jack” AR10 receiver set. Does anybody know if that is cash and carry or is it going to have a 7 day wait? I can call my preferred ffl and ask but they don’t open until 5 tonight.

k9guy

Feb 12, 2011
    It depends on which FFL you use honestly. So many interpretations of how the laws are written.

Balzer94

Feb 27, 2011
    I might give engage a call today to see what their policy is. I’d rather not have to drive down to rockville, but their hours are much better.

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    Should be cash and carry, but it may depend on the FFL. Mine it’s cash and carry (an AR-10 is not a regulated firearm, so it shouldn’t be a 77r)

firemn260

Sep 15, 2015
    Harford County
    My aero precision 308 builder set( upper lower and handgaurd) was cash and carry transferred through blue fins in Dundalk.

Now I’m kinda curious because technically I could of physically assembled it into a pistol if I used a shorter handgaurd and barrel? Not that I ever researched putting together a 308 pistol so I’m not sure if it could be done. How does msp look at that if that’s the case?

calicojack

American Sporting Rifle
    MDS Supporter
    May 29, 2018
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    It used to be that I would stay away from AR10 form factor lowers because of all of the differences and nuances of the various AR10 's out there (DPMS pattern, Armalite pattern, what ever). I think Palmetto State Armory (for one) might have finally nailed things down with their Gen 3 model to the point where you could put one of these kits together and it will actually work. In the past, I have heard so many horror stories of these having sketchy reliability. Well now I see one of these in my future, starting with a lower kit from PSA. This is one area where MD law has not yet encroached.

[EDIT] So now I am told that PSA still has some ways to go when it comes to their AR10 line.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom