• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 28Shooter

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 19, 2010
    Baltimore, Maryland
    Johnny jOke ran on a campaign of moderation and no new taxes. He got into office and almost immediately raised taxes and showed his true colors with his HOME act essentially removing private property rights from landlords...THEN he instituted "equity policing" which basically requires the police to "ignore" minor infractions committed by minorities...NOW this...Baltimore County elected a communist..I am quite certain there is a moderate amount of voter regret among the democrats that only vote for them because that's what they have always done....Ignorant people who don't do their homework often live to regret their choices..

Spot on Muleskinner!

You have to take some kind of responsibility as a private dealer. When you are repeatedly targeted, and can’t bother with an alarm system, video, or really any means of hardening eventually something will force your hand.

The chief of police in BCo was appointed because her politics walk in lock step with the county execs. She's an anti...SO you can bet that she will require extraordinary security measures to get approval..very expensive measures..because let's face it...this is an attempt to shut down gun stores, not prevent theft

plinkerton

Ultimate Member
    Dec 30, 2012
    Abingdon
    The chief of police in BCo was appointed because her politics walk in lock step with the county execs. She's an anti...SO you can bet that she will require extraordinary security measures to get approval..very expensive measures..because let's face it...this is an attempt to shut down gun stores, not prevent theft

Which is why I'm glad I live in a county without a police department, a police chief/commissioner serves the politicians that appoint them, a sheriff serves the people that elected them.

Bertfish

Throw bread on me
    Mar 13, 2013
    White Marsh, MD
    Which is why I'm glad I live in a county without a police department, a police chief/commissioner serves the politicians that appoint them, a sheriff serves the people that elected them.

Yes. I miss Harford County where I can toss out the sheriff every few years if I want. There is an elected sheriff for Baltimore County but the department basically handles evictions and serving papers as well as guarding the court housen

Bertfish

Throw bread on me
    Mar 13, 2013
    White Marsh, MD

Damn right.

Notice who the last one was?

daNattyFatty

Ultimate Member
    Aug 27, 2009
    Bel Air, MD
    Yes. I miss Harford County where I can toss out the sheriff every few years if I want. There is an elected sheriff for Baltimore County but the department basically handles evictions and serving papers as well as guarding the court housen

In Baltimore County, Sheriff tosses YOU out :lol2:

Last edited:

tangent

Feb 28, 2013
    https://patch.com/maryland/catonsvi...o-help-reduce-theft-number-of-guns-on-streets

anyone know what gun shop in MD still sells that thing on the bottom shelf in the pic?

If a bill is called SAFE, HOME or PATRIOT or is "For the Children" you know it's the exact opposite.

So one guy involved in 3 of the 10 thefts was busted and 60 percent of the thefts were unsuccessful. Ummm yeah, major problem here...

"safety plan" - if CPS ever comes after your kids, they will make you sign one that is so erroneous and asinine to get them back. It will be
    written in such a way that you are guaranteed to violate it in some minor way. When you do, it's bye, bye kids and parental rights.
    Liberal template, not at all about this ... /ROLLS EYES

Tebonski

Jan 23, 2013
    Harford County
    I tell Chief Hyatt that Baltimore County businesses pay taxes for police protection. Chief Hyatt needs to detail uniformed and plainclothes police officers to protect the gun shops. That will guarantee no more gun shop burglaries.

1time

Ultimate Member
    Apr 26, 2009
    Baltimore, Md
    I tell Chief Hyatt that Baltimore County businesses pay taxes for police protection. Chief Hyatt needs to detail uniformed and plainclothes police officers to protect the gun shops. That will guarantee no more gun shop burglaries.

That’s a hell of a lot cheaper than installing an alarm....

pbharvey

Habitual Testifier
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    Pennak was quoted in the Sun today as well. Along with someone else we might know.

https://www.baltimoresun.com/maryla...0191126-3567tkcvjfeopacrgotra7kugm-story.html

Nice.

How does this work?
    The new rules would apply only to shops within 100 yards of “a park, church, school, public building, and other place of public assembly," which is tailored to an exemption allowed in the state law.
    Suppose I own a shop and a church moves in next door? Then I have to armor up to county standards? What is the point of this? They think someone will break into a gun shop and then what, shoot up the park?
    A bunch of grandstanding over absolutely nothing.
    They'll be coming for your home next, without a doubt. Its for the children.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rifleman

Latest threads

Top Bottom