• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ELEMENT94

Wild eyed pistol waver.
    Sep 23, 2007
    Copy and pasted from Arfcom

Some of this Im sure will be coming to Maryland

As some may know, the last Session of the 2019 general assembly began today. On this day, many bills are prefiled to be offered on the first day of the new general assembly which begins on 1/8/20

Here is senate bill no.16 that is the ban on assault weapons, high capacity magazines, etc. as expected, there is no grandfather clause

https://lis.virginia.gov/cgi-bin/legp604.exe?201+ful+SB16+pdf

You will also notice amongst the rest of the bills prefiled today that one of the things they are looking to ban is the carrying of weapons in Capitol square...so this would be the last lobby day where you can carry

https://lis.virginia.gov/cgi-bin/legp604.exe?201+lst+ALL

It is every bit as bad as we had feared

Even a shotgun is a prohibited assault weapon if it has a pistol grip or has a tube that hold more than 7 rounds

I didn’t see any enumerated time period, so if it passes as is you have until July 1 to sell, move out of state, turn in, destroy, or otherwise render inoperable any prohibited items.

My guess is- they're going to make one hell of an example out of the first groups of people they catch, then after that I predict subsequent people found in violation will be offered a plea deal for probation and a fine, at the cost of pleading guilty to a felony.

They win twice with that- no longer able to own guns and no longer able to vote.

If you notice, they're allocating funds for increased incarceration due to these new laws as well, which kinda says they are NOT ****ing around, and they WANT to send good people to prison.

Something those of with NFA items may want to consider - My guess is they'll use the copies of Form 4s for suppressors and SBRs sent to VSP for the CLEO notification requirement, and they'll have probable cause for a search warrant and go make visits to check for "compliance". They don't even need to get them from ATF, tho I'm sure ATF would happily give them to VSP.

As suppressor =/= threaded barrel, which according to this absolutely draconian law, is an instant Felony if it's on a handgun with a detachable mag.

2020 is going to make history. Good or bad.

Hopefully SCOTUS hears Healey v Worham and rules in favor of the Constitution.

Hit and Run

Ultimate Member
    Oct 15, 2010
    Prince Frederick
    Copy and pasted from Arfcom

Some of this Im sure will be coming to Maryland

As some may know, the last Session of the 2019 general assembly began today. On this day, many bills are prefiled to be offered on the first day of the new general assembly which begins on 1/8/20

Here is senate bill no.16 that is the ban on assault weapons, high capacity magazines, etc. as expected, there is no grandfather clause

https://lis.virginia.gov/cgi-bin/legp604.exe?201+ful+SB16+pdf

You will also notice amongst the rest of the bills prefiled today that one of the things they are looking to ban is the carrying of weapons in Capitol square...so this would be the last lobby day where you can carry

https://lis.virginia.gov/cgi-bin/legp604.exe?201+lst+ALL

It is every bit as bad as we had feared

Even a shotgun is a prohibited assault weapon if it has a pistol grip or has a tube that hold more than 7 rounds

I didn’t see any enumerated time period, so if it passes as is you have until July 1 to sell, move out of state, turn in, destroy, or otherwise render inoperable any prohibited items.

My guess is- they're going to make one hell of an example out of the first groups of people they catch, then after that I predict subsequent people found in violation will be offered a plea deal for probation and a fine, at the cost of pleading guilty to a felony.

They win twice with that- no longer able to own guns and no longer able to vote.

If you notice, they're allocating funds for increased incarceration due to these new laws as well, which kinda says they are NOT ****ing around, and they WANT to send good people to prison.

Something those of with NFA items may want to consider - My guess is they'll use the copies of Form 4s for suppressors and SBRs sent to VSP for the CLEO notification requirement, and they'll have probable cause for a search warrant and go make visits to check for "compliance". They don't even need to get them from ATF, tho I'm sure ATF would happily give them to VSP.

As suppressor =/= threaded barrel, which according to this absolutely draconian law, is an instant Felony if it's on a handgun with a detachable mag.

2020 is going to make history. Good or bad.

Hopefully SCOTUS hears Healey v Worham and rules in favor of the Constitution.
    This could get real ugly

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    It's a pretty insane AWB, even by California standards. Even MOM couldn't pass something like this in MD after a bunch of dead kindergarteners... I am a little skeptical it will pass the VA senate.

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    I am skeptical this will pass. Still,something will pass. The fact that gun banners ask for 100 and only get 35 should not make anyone feel "relieved." If they asked for 35 they would only get 12, so they make The Big Ask.

Virginia is literally one of the safest states in country. I dont know why gun banners want to go and mess it up. Oh wait, Bloomberg piled in 10s of millions to buy representation.

Speed3

Ultimate Member
    Aug 19, 2011
    MD
    This is the old adage, "throw a bunch of shit against the wall and see what sticks". Something will stick for sure, we can only pray not all of it will.

TheOriginalMexicanBob

Ultimate Member
    Jul 2, 2017
    Sun City West, AZ
    This is the old adage, "throw a bunch of shit against the wall and see what sticks". Something will stick for sure, we can only pray not all of it will.

Yup! The Dems are asking for it all and will "compromise" for less when the Republicans cave since they don't have the numbers unless they can use parliamentary tactics to hold it up if not stop it. What the "compromise" won't get the Dems will be back for the next legislative session.

If the Dems hold firm they may be able to get it all...Constitution be damned.

Such "compromises" are common with the GOP in Washington and Annapolis...and liberty is the loser.

hooligan82

Ultimate Member
    Nov 2, 2011
    Baltimore county
    If the politicians proposing this crap had to be the first person through the door on the confiscation team these laws would never make it on to paper.

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    You know what this means. The NRA Museum in NoVa would have to empty huge parts of its collection. Their range would effectively lose most of its paying users. The lefties would LOVE to see that happen.

bkuether

Judge not this race .....
    Jan 18, 2012
    Marriottsville, MD
    This won't pass. And if it does, Virginians are going to SHOOT confiscators.

The gerrymandered urban areas are NOT in sync with the rest (majority) of the populous.

Speed3

Ultimate Member
    Aug 19, 2011
    MD
    This won't pass. And if it does, Virginians are going to SHOOT confiscators.

The gerrymandered urban areas are NOT in sync with the rest (majority) of the populous.

Some of those southern VA people aren't exactly the same as the NOVA population.

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    Some of those southern VA people aren't exactly the same as the NOVA population.

And the NoVa population will be thrilled with the southern boys are felons who can't vote any more because they got busted with a prohibited shooty thing. The Dems LOVE this recipe.

TheOriginalMexicanBob

Ultimate Member
    Jul 2, 2017
    Sun City West, AZ
    The Dems love the fact that not only might gun owners refuse to comply but may actually shoot at law enforcement. They get four aces handed them...the law they want...gun owners resisting...sending law enforcement to confiscate their firearms...and some previously law-abiding citizens firing at them. It gives the Dems and other assorted gun confiscators the news they want to spread...and the media will be more than happy to assist.

Mike OTDP

Ultimate Member
    Feb 12, 2008
    The confiscation fight will be all about controlling the moral level of war. "We Will Not Comply" is the nonviolent protest of our time...we're forcing the opposition to fire the first shot, kick the first door, kill the first victim. And thus forfeit the moral high ground.

Remember, the Confederates arguably lost the Civil War at Fort Sumter, the instant they fired the first shot.

TheOriginalMexicanBob

Ultimate Member
    Jul 2, 2017
    Sun City West, AZ
    The confiscation fight will be all about controlling the moral level of war. "We Will Not Comply" is the nonviolent protest of our time...we're forcing the opposition to fire the first shot, kick the first door, kill the first victim. And thus forfeit the moral high ground.

Remember, the Confederates arguably lost the Civil War at Fort Sumter, the instant they fired the first shot.

Point well taken...but it only takes one numbskull. That may be what they're counting on. If they can find some law enforcement officers who are willing to do the confiscations and not follow the Constitution and possibly their own conscience...all it would take is for them to get shot or at least shot at for the law-abiding to lose the high ground. What do the Dems care about the lives of one or two police officers? They would shed crocodile tears and head for the closest television camera.

The Libs have never given a damn about law enforcement before...why would they start now other than for political gain?

randomuser

Ultimate Member
    Nov 12, 2018
    Baltimore County
    Point well taken...but it only takes one numbskull. That may be what they're counting on. If they can find some law enforcement officers who are willing to do the confiscations and not follow the Constitution and possibly their own conscience...all it would take is for them to get shot or at least shot at for the law-abiding to lose the high ground. What do the Dems care about the lives of one or two police officers? They would shed crocodile tears and head for the closest television camera.

The Libs have never given a damn about law enforcement before...why would they start now other than for political gain?

They found law enforcement to confiscate guns during katrina when people needed to be able to protect them self. Remember, in the eyes of many law enforcement, they would be following the law.

rouchna

Defund the ATF
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 25, 2009
    Virginia
    Hopefully the good ole boys in Virginia really believe sic semper tyrannis

Unfortunately, most gun owners in VA have no idea this is even happening :mad54:
    You wouldn't believe how many gun owners I know weren't even going to vote until I informed them of what's at stake.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom