• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • HarCo.45

Nov 4, 2010
    Form 4 Individual.

Did my paperwork and prints on January 31st, 2020. Picked up August 14th, 2020 so 196 days.

Last edited:

rsideout

MDS Supporter
    Dec 11, 2009
    MD - Capital Region
    Does anyone know what the turnaround time is on a form 20 for crossing state lines?

Send it and forget it.

Hi, I am not doubting you but I thought you needed ATF approval? I believe you can apply for a year long window to go to ranges/states/competitions but I don't even know if that's true any more. Has it changed that much?

Thanks.

ATF does NOT automatically approve all 5320.20 requests. If the laws in the destination state do not allow your NFA item, it will be disapproved. And they often make or request corrections to what you submit. I wait for a signed and approved copy before taking an item across state lines.

Yes, you can fill in a year long time frame for the item to be across state lines. I always list for "occasional target shooting" as the reason. It also fits in well with the year long request.

FHJ69

Mar 13, 2011
    Upper PDRMC
    ATF does NOT automatically approve all 5320.20 requests. If the laws in the destination state do not allow your NFA item, it will be disapproved. And they often make or request corrections to what you submit. I wait for a signed and approved copy before taking an item across state lines.

Yes, you can fill in a year long time frame for the item to be across state lines. I always list for "occasional target shooting" as the reason. It also fits in well with the year long request.

Thanks!

DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV

My comment was poking fun at the length of any timeframe, when dealing with the ATF on any kind of form. Can you imagine what it would be like if the ATF operated NICS? There would be chaos!

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    So, I turned in paperwork for a suppressor March 20, 2019. Seventeen months later, I get a heads-up that my stamp has appeared. Approved on Aug 14, my birthday, as it happens, and just arrived at my dealer today.

So color me rather more grey, but happier.

Boss94

Ultimate Member
    Feb 15, 2013
    A buddy of mine just had a form 4 individual approved in 6 months almost to the day . I consider that good news!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom