• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • -Z/28-

I wanna go fast
    Dec 6, 2011
    Harford Co
    So my Camaro needs some tint. Tired of that hot black leather in the summer, not to mention tint looks cooler. Anyone recommend a good tint shop close to the Parkville, Towson, White Marsh area?

Also it's my understanding that the county police are picky about tint. Anyone ever get any trouble over being right at the 35% limit? I'd like to go 20% but I think I'd be asking for trouble; the exhaust already gets the cops looking my way:innocent0

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    Cutting Edge up in Bel Air, he's right next to Bill Batemans (get wings while your windows get done)

Schitty little shop, awesome work at a great price though. I've been getting 20% on everything we have owned for 10 years now, no issues.

It's not in the county, but not too far up. Guys name is Richard, father and son operation.

damifinowfish

Ultimate Member
    Dec 14, 2009
    Remulak
    I used D&L on Joppa rd. I was very happy with them. They matched the side window of my truck with the tinted windows of my truck cap very well.

VWTurbo

Ultimate Member
    Jun 18, 2010
    Perry Hall
    I always use the tintman in glen burnie, little bit of a ride but he has done 10 of our cars and we have never had any issues. Each of them have had 20% as PJD has said, never any issues. I actually got popped the other day for exceeding the speed limit and not a word about the tint. I always put all windows down for a traffic stop, no matter the temp, just so there isn't any question as to what I am doing. My understanding is that if you have to go through inspection it will fail for it, but I don't normally keep my cars that long...so ymmv

Bigdtc

Ultimate Member
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 6, 2007
    South Carolina
    So my Camaro needs some tint. Tired of that hot black leather in the summer, not to mention tint looks cooler. Anyone recommend a good tint shop close to the Parkville, Towson, White Marsh area?

Also it's my understanding that the county police are picky about tint. Anyone ever get any trouble over being right at the 35% limit? I'd like to go 20% but I think I'd be asking for trouble; the exhaust already gets the cops looking my way:innocent0

I wouldn't go any darker then whats legal with the tint.. The po-po nowadays are using every little excuse to pull over and create income and a reason for stick their nose in your car. I work at a Md Inspection shop and we have been getting inspection sign offs in record numbers for the last 8 months or so.. Little things like tag lights too... Tint is either pass or fail so it's easy for them to speculate whether your tint is legal or not... They WILL be happy to write the ticket for you.. Carroll County Times did a story on it recently too..

Demoneyes86

Ultimate Member
    Mar 4, 2011
    Baltimore
    I used reflections at merrit and northpoint intersection good prices lifetime warranty. I know people with 20% and never bothered but thats on you bud.

Minuteman

BANNED!!!
    Tint_Simulation.jpg

FFMike

Ultimate Member
    Feb 4, 2010
    Howard County
    I have had one done by D&L and it was great. I also currently have had my truck done at The Tint Man in Glen Burnie and it is just as good, plus it was by far cheaper than D&L... Good Luck! Too many choices..

BTW, I didnt go darker than the legal limit.... I support Law Enforcement, but not with fines!!

Atec

Ultimate Member
    Sep 11, 2010
    Maryland
    I used D&L on Joppa rd. I was very happy with them. They matched the side window of my truck with the tinted windows of my truck cap very well.

Same place i went to . But just make sure you stay within legal limits. My van tinting is darker then it should be. But If i ever get pulled over i have both windows down before the cop gets to the van . I had mine that way because I carry a laptop in van for company use. Have been driving it since 2004 with that tinting and just got pulled over by MSP . They are stopping everyone on joppa farm road for tinting . Five cars where behind me . They checked the tinting on every one.

Merlin

Ultimate Member
    Dec 31, 2009
    Carroll County, Maryland

Its like anything else, you will not have any trouble until you drive past that LEO that is the type that will lock their own mother up. Often the newer LEO's fresh out of the academy.

Keep in mind that if you ever go out and get a few drinks with the boys your tinted windows may be the very thing that will lead to a DWI

TapRackBang

Cheaper Than Diamonds
    Jan 14, 2012
    Bel Air

There's the rub: Remember the ol' "only break one law at a time" rule? If your car is already attracting po-po attention, don't add something else that will attract more attention. Stay well within the legal tint range IMHO.

A friend of mine had 20% all-around on his Civic Si for years and years with no hassles. Last year he lent it to his lead-footed younger brother for a few days who promptly violated the "only break one law at a time" rule, got pulled over, and got a fix-it ticket for the tint. My friend made his brother pay to have the tint taken off. He'll probably may him pay to put it back on this year. :D

rivertamer

Apr 7, 2012
    MARYLAND
    Used the tint man for my mustang and d and l for my Silverado... Both did great work..... Tint man was way cheaper though......

Sent from my tricked out Synergy Evo!

mopar92

Official MDS Court Jester
    May 5, 2011
    Taneytown
    I wouldn't go any darker then whats legal with the tint.. The po-po nowadays are using every little excuse to pull over and create income and a reason for stick their nose in your car. I work at a Md Inspection shop and we have been getting inspection sign offs in record numbers for the last 8 months or so.. Little things like tag lights too... Tint is either pass or fail so it's easy for them to speculate whether your tint is legal or not... They WILL be happy to write the ticket for you.. Carroll County Times did a story on it recently too..

Same here. The line we where fed is that when a car is stolen they pop the taglights out to make it harder to identify. And I love tinting. We had a guy say he lost his job and just spent $300 to tint his car. That's funny. Food, clothing, and shelter are now at risk. But, yo my whip be sittin prettay outside the welfare office.

PapiBarcelona

Ultimate Member
    Jan 1, 2011
    I had 35 percent tint that measured 33.9 when tested inside a shop, 4 years after it was put on. Make sure whoever installs it has a uv meter to show you compliance, that little 35 percent sticker on the tint doesn't fly.

elitehome

Aug 5, 2011
    Ceciltucky
    Cutting Edge up in Bel Air, he's right next to Bill Batemans (get wings while your windows get done)

Schitty little shop, awesome work at a great price though. I've been getting 20% on everything we have owned for 10 years now, no issues.

It's not in the county, but not too far up. Guys name is Richard, father and son operation.

Agreed great guy owners name is rich has done all my cars, business, house

Kilroy

Ultimate Member
    Jul 27, 2011
    If you want legal tint (which I would recommend) get 40% film. It will meter closer to 35% because the glass adds to it.
    I would go with the highest quality film you can find, and not worry too much about the light transmission percentage. High quality film will last longer and reject more heat than your average film.

Kimber45

Jan 14, 2011
    Whiteford
    I own a tint company but we only do residential and commercial work.
    +1 :thumbsup:for Cutting Edge:thumbsup: Tell him Dave from Premier Glass sent you. I'd stay legal but if you want to go darker just use the 20% on the back windows and 35% on Drivers and pasangers window.

JRoCc

MDS Supporter
    Jun 2, 2010
    Earth

I've been doing business with Rich for almost 20 years. He's the mad scientist of tinting. I think he's also mobile if you want him to come to you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom