• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sealion

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    May 19, 2016
    Balto Co
    Thank you to OP for making this so easy. For what's it worth, here's my submission:

To my elected representatives,

I respectfully ask that you vote against House Bill 612 and Senate Bill 737. These bills do nothing, but penalize law abiding citizens. Criminals do not obey laws.

I implore you to look to the example of Detroit, where a new police chief has encourage the legal purchase of fire arms by citizens. Home invasions have declined by 38%. Wouldn't we want that kind of result??

Please consider carefully. Thank you. Sincerely, Sealion

honukane

Aug 15, 2012
    Southern Maryland-istan
    Done. plus:

Reference: HB92, HB95, HB96, HB523, HB612, HB740 an HB786
    As a constituent I request that you vote AGAINST the above listed anti-firearms legislation.
    A Maryland politician, you must recognize that these proposed laws are a direct infringement on the CIVIL RIGHTS enumerated under the 2nd amendment to the U.S. Constitution. Our civil rights are being incrementally stripped from us as politicians sacrifice liberty in the name of a false perception of security/safety. If the similar infringements were proposed with respect to other civil rights, such as those enumerated under the 1st , 4th, or 13th amendments to the U.S. Constitution, I am sure that Maryland politicians would be aghast. Constitutionally established civil rights are all RIGHTS, not simply legal privileges.
    Not only is the proposed legislation blatantly unconstitutional, it will obviously have no impact on crime, "gun violence" or whatever other term may be stated as a justification. It simply impinges on our civil rights. Maryland was once called the “FREE STATE”, but not so much in today’s political environment. Emulating the unsuccessful infringing laws of California, Connecticut, and New Jersey does not increase safety, it simply makes us less free and less safe.

Again, as a constituent I respectfully request that you vote AGAINST the listed anti-firearms legislation.

babalou

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 12, 2013
    Glenelg
    done

Hi Everyone,

Even if you have done it before , please just take 5 minutes and go here;

http://mgaleg.maryland.gov/webmga/frmmain.aspx?pid=legisrpage&tab=subject6&poptype=find&popid=

and send a short message to your legislators. Here is what I sent....

Contact Legislator(s)
    Message will be sent to Guy Guzzone, Vanessa E. Atterbeary, Shane E. Pendergrass, Jen Terrasa

To My Respected Legislators,

I am writing to implore you to reject any support for the poorly written, unconstitutional bills, House Bill 612 and Senate Bill 737. These bills will do nothing to reduce any kind of violence and will only harm honest, law abiding voters.

THANK you for your consideration,

Bigfoot21075

used yours as a template.

inkd

Ultimate Member
    Aug 4, 2009
    Ridge
    Done

I am writing to implore you to reject any support for the unconstitutional bills, House Bill 612 and Senate Bill 737. These bills will do nothing to reduce any kind of violence and will only harm honest, law abiding voters.

I would much rather you put forth a plan to impose harsher penalties on criminals, especially the repeat offenders, who use illegally obtained firearms to commit their crimes.

Thank you for your consideration,

Inkd

Raineman

On the 3rd box
    Dec 27, 2008
    Eldersburg
    I sent all mine in today. My favorite legislative assistant handles all my written testimony for me.

Mine was simple for 737 and its crossfiled companion.

"I OPPOSE this bill. You don't care why."

kmb

Ultimate Member
    Jul 20, 2011
    done. thanks. i'm sure it will be coveted by moscow counties finest.

jayjyo

Jan 1, 2013
    Also submitted mine, is any one planning on going to Annapolis on Monday or Wednesday? I see the the dates posted on the MSI website.

Draco1911

Oct 11, 2017
    Western, MD
    Hi Everyone,

Even if you have done it before , please just take 5 minutes and go here;

http://mgaleg.maryland.gov/webmga/frmmain.aspx?pid=legisrpage&tab=subject6&poptype=find&popid=

and send a short message to your legislators. Here is what I sent....

Contact Legislator(s)
    Message will be sent to Guy Guzzone, Vanessa E. Atterbeary, Shane E. Pendergrass, Jen Terrasa

I am writing to implore you to reject any support for the poorly written, unconstitutional bills, House Bill 612 and Senate Bill 737. These bills will do nothing to reduce any kind of violence and will only harm honest, law abiding voters.

THANK you for your consideration,

Bigfoot21075
    I just wrote my representatives on this matter. Thanks for the link.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom