• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mightydog

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Only problem with Middletown is the 2 year long road/sewer repairs. New housing being built next to the school there. During morning and evening rush constant traffic over Braddock to get onto 70. Myersville has still kept its rural atmosphere and we will finally get a library next year. Sell you my house. Built 1987, 3br/2bth saltbox with walkout basement. 1 acre split rail fencing. On dead end road to gun club. Farm across the street. No city taxes. But then I won’t know where to go!

kaliroger

Jul 20, 2018
    Frederick County, MD
    BY THE WAY, regardless of all the advice, make sure your wife is 100% on board.
    Better still make sure whatever, wherever, and however you decide, it is HER decision and SHE is happy with it.
    Good luck!)

kgain673

I'm sorry for the typos!!
    Dec 18, 2007
    BY THE WAY, regardless of all the advice, make sure your wife is 100% on board.
    Better still make sure whatever, wherever, and however you decide, it is HER decision and SHE is happy with it.
    Good luck!)

Aint that the truth. No point in buying a home I love, and she hates. It will only result in buying another home.

DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV
    I can vouch for east of the Monocacy on MD 144. If you pick up something between the Monocacy and New Market, you should be going to Oakdale. If you are in the Frederick area, drop me a PM.

rob

DINO Extraordinaire
    Oct 11, 2010
    Augusta, GA
    Been living in the frederick portion of mt airy for 20 years. Mt airy offers a lot and is about 20 minutes to frederick.

Be aware, libby's from moco have been fleeing to frederick county for a while now. It'll probably be blue in 10-20 years.

Rob

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

TheOriginalMexicanBob

Ultimate Member
    Jul 2, 2017
    Sun City West, AZ
    Frederick may turn blue quicker than that. The western part of the county is still pretty conservative but is more rural...the population numbers are greater in the eastern and southern parts where the MoCo immigrants are concentrating in ever larger numbers.

In three years when my wife retires we'll be heading to Free America and wish Frederick County the best.

Kyler

Apr 4, 2016
    Keedysville
    I live in Middletown. I'm building a house just north of Keedysville. Can't wait to move. Middletown was nice until the MoCo libs took over - but then, as others have said, that is true for the whole county.

Archeryrob

Undecided on a great many things
    Mar 7, 2013
    Washington Co. - Fairplay
    Welcome to Boonsboro, you moving into that community or a private lot? I know the farmer that owns the farm next to Crystal grottoes and he wont give permission on that farm because the liberals from Montgomery that moved in that community call the police every time someone pulls a trigger on the farm. :rolleyes:

I live over where Keddysville Rd turns into Bakersville.

Aamdskeetshooter

Ultimate Member
    Dec 19, 2013
    Moco
    Welcome to Boonsboro, you moving into that community or a private lot? I know the farmer that owns the farm next to Crystal grottoes and he wont give permission on that farm because the liberals from Montgomery that moved in that community call the police every time someone pulls a trigger on the farm. :rolleyes:

He should be shooting all the time. Get them used to it. The cops will get tired of coming out to investigate.

BrewDoc_MD

Piss off, ghost!
    Apr 25, 2012
    Myersville, MD
    I lived off the Golden Mile for about 8 years. Liked the neighbors, proximity to stores and restaurants, & <10 minute commute for me to Ft.Detrick. But our kids would have gone to Hillcrest Elementary and they'd be "minority" students there because they don't speak Spanish! Wife insisted we move.

she taught at Urbana HS for several years and liked that area, but it is growing exponentially and she felt way over-priced. Instead we looked at the middletown area and love the schools. Settled on Myersville, big houses, nice yards, quiet, zero crime, no stop lights. We're walking distance to the elementary school and later on our kids will get bussed to great schools in Middletown for Jr High and High school. Only downside are most stores and restaurants are 15 min away towards Hagerstown or Frederick. I hear folks shooting trap almost every evening...I'm jealous.

FYI, A buddy of mine lives across from the YMCA in Frederick. Very nice house, but his basement floods every time it rains. One of my lab techs lives in Thurmont...seems to like it.

Speed3

Ultimate Member
    Aug 19, 2011
    MD
    I lived off the Golden Mile for about 8 years. Liked the neighbors, proximity to stores and restaurants, & <10 minute commute for me to Ft.Detrick. But our kids would have gone to Hillcrest Elementary and they'd be "minority" students there because they don't speak Spanish! Wife insisted we move.

she taught at Urbana HS for several years and liked that area, but it is growing exponentially and she felt way over-priced. Instead we looked at the middletown area and love the schools. Settled on Myersville, big houses, nice yards, quiet, zero crime, no stop lights. We're walking distance to the elementary school and later on our kids will get bussed to great schools in Middletown for Jr High and High school. Only downside are most stores and restaurants are 15 min away towards Hagerstown or Frederick. I hear folks shooting trap almost every evening...I'm jealous.

FYI, A buddy of mine lives across from the YMCA in Frederick. Very nice house, but his basement floods every time it rains. One of my lab techs lives in Thurmont...seems to like it.

Lol welcome neighbor, I'm off harmony rd

engineerbrian

JMB fan club
    Sep 3, 2010
    Fredneck

He should be shooting all the time. Get them used to it. The cops will get tired of coming out to investigate.

Same thing happened a few years ago where i hunt. Cops got tired of showing up and the MoCo libs that were renting the basement moved out :D

Mightydog

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter

Funny but that’s exactly what my wife complains about living here. Were dead centered between Frederick and Hagerstown. The only MAJOR crime in the past ten years here was when my neighbors house got burned down due to a bad drug deal between his son and his friend. And yep, the Catoctin Fish and Game has skeet shooting every Thursday evening in the summer. Use to have a general store, Ross’s, till he closed and J.B. Seafood took over. Overall you get your money’s worth.

BrewDoc_MD

Piss off, ghost!
    Apr 25, 2012
    Myersville, MD
    Lol welcome neighbor, I'm off harmony rd

Howdy! We're off Canada hill. Moved in last fall. Kids love it. Eagerly anticipating our new library.

Wife still has to drive to MoCo for work, but we're just 2 stop signs away from i70... easy on, easy off.

OP, there's like 2 or 3 nice houses recently put up for sale nearbye. Probably under $400k. Just saying.....

BrewDoc_MD

Piss off, ghost!
    Apr 25, 2012
    Myersville, MD
    Funny but that’s exactly what my wife complains about living here. Were dead centered between Frederick and Hagerstown.

Yeah, i"ve had to make some late might runs to the Frederick walmart recently becuz my wife is 37 weeks preggers and has weird food cravings sometimes. Also have to dodge deer crossing 40 some evenings.

Glad we bought a house with 4 bedrooms and 3 full bathrooms we're about to need them all.

engineerbrian

JMB fan club
    Sep 3, 2010
    Fredneck
    Funny but that’s exactly what my wife complains about living here. Were dead centered between Frederick and Hagerstown. The only MAJOR crime in the past ten years here was when my neighbors house got burned down due to a bad drug deal between his son and his friend. And yep, the Catoctin Fish and Game has skeet shooting every Thursday evening in the summer. Use to have a general store, Ross’s, till he closed and J.B. Seafood took over. Overall you get your money’s worth.

I remember when that house was burned down. That was crazy!!!

Archeryrob

Undecided on a great many things
    Mar 7, 2013
    Washington Co. - Fairplay

Nah, that will never happen. They are Mennonites and don't have the same rebellious natures we have. He has Mennonite tenants in there and its his heifer farm for his milk business. They let people Shat on them, and they smile and say thank you. They are the nicest and happiest people I have ever met.

photoracer

Competition Shooter
    Oct 22, 2010
    West Virginia
    I lived on Linganore Road for a number of years while my wife was alive. Its on the ridge to the east of Frederick. Best things about it was the golf driving range at the bottom of the hill on 144 and the Monocacy Pistol Club that is right off Linganore Road on Plant Road.

kgain673

I'm sorry for the typos!!
    Dec 18, 2007
    We’re starting to zero in on the new market/Linganore area near the lake. My wife likes the idea of having pool & lake access. The schools look great but I wonder why the homes stay on the market longer than the surrounding area.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    SparkyKoT

Latest threads

Top Bottom