• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 28Shooter

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 19, 2010
    Baltimore, Maryland
    I live in Southwest Baltimore County and I find that after 35 years of attending my local church, the pastor's sermon last week concerning how we must be sympathetic and aware of the fear and hate being experienced by certain minority groups resulting from the election of President-Elect Trump, has finally made me just to uncomfortable too stay. I walked out on his sermon and now find myself looking for a church. I come out of the Protestant tradition and have always been active in the church, and am now looking for a smaller conservative congregation to attend and share in worship. Anyone have a recommendation?

eruby

Confederate Jew
    MDS Supporter
    I cannot help you with a new church but have complete empathy for you.

My wife's parents belong to a synagogue and the rabbi started spouted off typical liberal horse apples. My blood pressure was 247/133. :sad20:

Then I had the displeasure of going to an UBER-liberal temple in MoCo to celebrate her cousin become a Bat Mitzvah. They actually had a henchman going around with a microphone like the Jerry Springer show, and all the Jeeple (Jew sheeple) were spouting the Kool-Aid words. I couldn't stifle a belly laugh as I walked out.

pbharvey

Habitual Testifier
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    We had a similar response from our pastor. I totally get it that half the people are upset and as Christians we should have some empathy for those who are hurting. I don't get it that all those disappointed Christians need to huddle together and have a collective pity party complete with wringing of hands and gnashing of teeth.

CrueChief

Cocker Dad/RIP Bella
    Apr 3, 2009
    Napolis-ish

My wife's parents belong to a synagogue and the rabbi started spouted off typical liberal horse apples. My blood pressure was 247/133. :sad20:

Then I had the displeasure of going to an UBER-liberal temple in MoCo to celebrate her cousin become a Bat Mitzvah. They actually had a henchman going around with a microphone like the Jerry Springer show, and all the Jeeple (Jew sheeple) were spouting the Kool-Aid words. I couldn't stifle a belly laugh as I walked out.

How is it that, I assume, educated people do not understand the history that are heading towards repeating?:sad20:

Mack C-85

R.I.P.
    Jan 22, 2014
    Littlestown, PA
    How is it that, I assume, educated people do not understand the history that are heading towards repeating?:sad20:

That's the Liberal's Ingenious Plan......don't teach history, so they are condemned to repeating it.

A coworker and I were discussing this at work yesterday. How libs/schools today are rewriting history, leaving out the things they want to pretend didn't happen, and how we our now repeating those exact things.....

The trail of tears....
    Events leading to dropping nukes, and the Internment camps....

Went home and asked my two High Schoolers about these things......nope.....looked at Dad like he has three heads.

28Shooter

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 19, 2010
    Baltimore, Maryland

Watch that blood pressure Brother - I was 290/110 and spent a week in St. Agnes Hospital to get it down. One of the techs told me they were thinking on starting a pool as to my having a heart attack or a massive stroke - the Devil must have been afraid I was coming because I walked out of the hospital on my own two feet.

Regarding liberal synagogues, all my Jewish friends in college complained about the same thing 30+ years ago. We were all very conservative, very pro-Israel, and ardent Reagan supporters, and would often lament the questionable messages of our respective religious leaders.

I like the "Jeeple".

eruby

Confederate Jew
    MDS Supporter
    Watch that blood pressure Brother - I was 290/110 and spent a week in St. Agnes Hospital to get it down. One of the techs told me they were thinking on starting a pool as to my having a heart attack or a massive stroke - the Devil must have been afraid I was coming because I walked out of the hospital on my own two feet.

Regarding liberal synagogues, all my Jewish friends in college complained about the same thing 30+ years ago. We were all very conservative, very pro-Israel, and ardent Reagan supporters, and would often lament the questionable messages of our respective religious leaders.

I like the "Jeeple".
    I was joking about the numbers (I should have said 700/300) but I was verily angry.

As I have posted many times, 'ANY Jew in favor of gun control is either ignorant of the Holocaust, or a moron'.

JPFO.org has good articles on liberal and gun hating Jews.

Jagzilla

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Feb 5, 2013
    We are neither politically conservative or liberal, but focused on helping people grow as disciples of Jesus. Politics has no business in our pulpit.

Our contemporary worship leader is a former baltimore city cop, we have special forces vets as members, a Ravens coach and a guy who was part of a team who won a Nobel Prize in Physics. We have prayer teams who have seen miraculous healings, we house the county's cold weather shelter and I'm the pastor, an NRA Life Member. And I own a personal submarine.

We're not average, but are a diverse midsized mainline kinda church in Howard County. If any of that sounds interesting.

Stjohnmd.org

Gambler

¿Got Freedom?
    Oct 30, 2011
    Parkville
    I live in Southwest Baltimore County and I find that after 35 years of attending my local church, the pastor's sermon last week concerning how we must be sympathetic and aware of the fear and hate being experienced by certain minority groups resulting from the election of President-Elect Trump, has finally made me just to uncomfortable too stay. I walked out on his sermon and now find myself looking for a church. I come out of the Protestant tradition and have always been active in the church, and am now looking for a smaller conservative congregation to attend and share in worship. Anyone have a recommendation?

Was there more to the sermon, or is that it? As Christians, we SHOULD be sympathetic and aware of everyone around us. How can we love our neighbors if we don't know what they are thinking or feeling? There are a lot of upset people in this world over Trump. Understanding WHY they are upset is just as important as them understanding why we voted for him.

Chriss

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    We are neither politically conservative or liberal, but focused on helping people grow as disciples of Jesus. Politics has no business in our pulpit.

Our contemporary worship leader is a former baltimore city cop, we have special forces vets as members, a Ravens coach and a guy who was part of a team who won a Nobel Prize in Physics. We have prayer teams who have seen miraculous healings, we house the county's cold weather shelter and I'm the pastor, an NRA Life Member. And I own a personal submarine.

We're not average, but are a diverse midsized mainline kinda church in Howard County. If any of that sounds interesting.

Stjohnmd.org
    12308675_10207997659803111_2243037339003336202_n_kl7iin.jpg

He aint kidding....most interesting Reverend

welder516

Deplorable Welder
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Underground Bunker
    No matter who won the Lord is King.................pretty much how my church handled it the following Sunday after the election . It is a new church for me with 50 % music service and 50% sermon .

I/Family attend Arundel Christian Church in Glen Burnie on Aquahart Road

But with the above stated it sure makes me more comfortable the outcome we had .

28Shooter

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 19, 2010
    Baltimore, Maryland
    Thanks everyone for your responses and recommendations. It makes me feel good to see that so many of my Brothers are practicing people of faith and that we all know that there is a power superior to anything of man's world. My real problem with our pastor's sermon on Sunday was that at the end he took a very clear and direct turn into the "political" by saying something to the effect of the "real" hate that has been unleashed on minorities since the election. He called me the next day to discuss why I walked out and I told him that his tone and message only fueled the perception that the hate is real and that he has never in the past acknowledged real violence against white people by minorities - such as wildings, the knock-out game, the attack on the man on St. Patrick's Day, etc. His response was that "he didn't know what I was talking about" and that real hatred of minorities has been stimulated by this election. I responded that healing and coming together would have been a better emphasis and that perpetuating perceived rather than actual violence/hate was disingenuous spin and had no place coming from the pulpit.

Rhino

Dec 6, 2008
    Mount Airy
    2nd the sentiment to find a Bible believing/teaching church. When we switched from a more liberal denomination, we interviewed the pastor and asked specific questions about his take on several key and important Biblically based issues that are often distorted in more liberal churches today. Good luck with your search.

Reptile

Ultimate Member
    Sep 29, 2014
    Columbia MD
    We had a similar snowflake soothing sermon at our church. No names mentioned, just a plea to understand that people are hurting and are afraid. This was followed by a coping strategy that the pastor recommended.

I wouldn't make a very good pastor. My recommendation would have been to seek professional help if you are weak minded enough to believe the left's propaganda.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom