• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    Sign up for testifying, opened yesterday, and is open all weekend. Sign up will close at 9:30 AM on Monday.

Attachments

• gun bill day.jpg
      gun bill day.jpg
      49.9 KB · Views: 288

Adolph Oliver Bush

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Dec 13, 2015
    So what’s the scoop for those of us who would like to come down but don’t plan on testifying? Are we permitted to stand outside and bring signs and such?

Just dont wear red. Even sitting in the hearing room taking a seat that would ktherwise go to a demanding mom would help. No signs inside the building, IIRC.

Adolph Oliver Bush

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Dec 13, 2015
    Order of testimony appears to be at the pleasure of the Committee Chair. When it was Vallario, he would call "groups" first, in no particular order, then it was a free-for-all on individual testimony. "Next panel" and whoever moved forward first was seated. At the end, he would call "anyone else?"

When I testified in Ways and Means against an oppressive youth-sports-concussion bill, they called out peoples' names for each panel. I don't recall if it was alphabetical or not.

This year they are only calling people who have signed up. I believe the cutoff is 0930.

Engine4

Curmudgeon
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 30, 2012
    If anyone is going to stop by & sign up ahead of time (today or tomorrow), would you please add my name to the list? PM me for the info. Thanks!

mac1_131

MSI Executive Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 31, 2009
    I went down building is closed today

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    I have heard from several folks that have been able enter the House Office Building and sign up today.

garciacorp

Have fun, Shoot straight!
    Dec 9, 2011
    La Plata, MD
    Testimonial template?

I received this email reply from Delegate Arikan with some helpful info:

Thank you for contacting Delegate Lauren Arikan about the extremely important issue of protecting our 2nd Amendment Rights.

Monday, Feb 25th is the day that the Judiciary Committee will be hearing testimony for all of the firearms bills.

You can help in two different ways.
    1. Submit a written testimony about how potential bills could impact your life and email it to our office by 2/24. We will submit this to the committee for you. [She will print the 30 copies of it for you, email to: Lauren.Arikan@house.state.md.us.]

2. Come to Annapolis on Feb. 25th and testify in person in front of the Judiciary Committee. (You will have 3 minutes to speak)
    - Committee hearings start at 10am but plan to get to Annapolis by 8am to park and sign up.
    - Please let us know if you plan to attend and we can sign you up in advance.

Please attend and encourage your friends to attend! We are looking specifically for traditionally marginalized groups to voice their concerns as well; Latino, African Americans and immigrants also need their voices to be heard on this issue!!

Please feel free to contact us with any questions.

Hope to see you on Monday!

Thank you!

Kind Regards,

Colleen Onorato
    Chief of Staff to Delegate Lauren Arikan
    District 7| Baltimore & Harford Counties
    Maryland House of Delegates
    6 Bladen St. Room 324
    Annapolis, MD 21401
    Office: 410-841-3334 | 301-858-3334​

**Okay , dumb question? Does anyone have a template for a testimonial to fill out and send in , or what are the requirements for the testimonial?

Raineman

On the 3rd box
    Dec 27, 2008
    Eldersburg
    **Okay , dumb question? Does anyone have a template for a testimonial to fill out and send in , or what are the requirements for the testimonial?

Here is what I use:

Bill #-Oppose or Support -----Hearing Date
    Submit as written testimony -----Senate Judicial Proceedings or House Judiciary Committee

To: the appropriate committee hearing the bill

RE: Bill #-and complete Bill title (example--HB0786-Public Safety-Rifles and Shotguns-Transactions)

Your position on the bill, and reasons why, including any facts or relevant information.

Your name (as it appears on your voter registration)--District
    Address
    Registered voter

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    Here is what I use:

Bill #-Oppose or Support -----Hearing Date
    Submit as written testimony -----Senate Judicial Proceedings or House Judiciary Committee

To: the appropriate committee hearing the bill

RE: Bill #-and complete Bill title (example--HB0786-Public Safety-Rifles and Shotguns-Transactions)

Your position on the bill, and reasons why, including any facts or relevant information.

Your name (as it appears on your voter registration)--District
    Address
    Registered voter

Will we see you on Monday?? I hope so, I truely enjoyed the look on their faces when you pounded the table last year and called them out.

Raineman

On the 3rd box
    Dec 27, 2008
    Eldersburg
    dblas, Trying to work out an appearance currently. My written for both House and Senate days have been submitted already. Due to circumstances that I am unable to discuss on an internet forum, I will not be available for in person testimony this session (which burns me up), but I'm negotiating with the boss to be able to come down and stand with my Patriot Picket family for a while Monday morning. This will be too epic to not be involved, even in a small way.

I will miss getting thrown of (if it pleases the crown), but I'm sure it won't be my last opportunity.

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    dblas, Trying to work out an appearance currently. My written for both House and Senate days have been submitted already. Due to circumstances that I am unable to discuss on an internet forum, I will not be available for in person testimony this session (which burns me up), but I'm negotiating with the boss to be able to come down and stand with my Patriot Picket family for a while Monday morning. This will be too epic to not be involved, even in a small way.

I will miss getting thrown of (if it pleases the crown), but I'm sure it won't be my last opportunity.

Hope to see you Monday morning brother, if not, then next time we meet, the first drink is mine to pay for.

Engine4

Curmudgeon
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 30, 2012
    Crap, the only thing that'll keep me from going Monday is if we lose power here. Supposed to get high winds today & tonight. I just know the democrats are behind this weather......

Engine4

Curmudgeon
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 30, 2012
    How do they schedule the testimonies? Do they discuss each bill separately & then have those for/against each one come up? My testimony isn't specific to any one bill, just a general admonition to the delegates. If they do handle them separately, when would I get a chance to speak?

MJD438

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2012
    Somewhere in MD
    How do they schedule the testimonies? Do they discuss each bill separately & then have those for/against each one come up? My testimony isn't specific to any one bill, just a general admonition to the delegates. If they do handle them separately, when would I get a chance to speak?
    New committee chairman and his first gun bill day. Typical would be bill sponsor/panel, then supporters, then opposition, as individual bills. We have not been able to get any definitive answers from the committee on how tomorrow will run.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ababe1120

Latest threads

Top Bottom