• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Adolph Oliver Bush

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Dec 13, 2015
    I posted a similar question in the HBAR thread.

I'm outraged by what's going on, as I'm sure most are. I haven't ever been down to Annapolis to protest (shame on me, I know). I want to do something though this time. I took off work on February 27th so I can be available.

Does anyone know if there is a plan coming together? Are we doing down to Annapolis on the 27th to protest / testify etc? Sorry if this is a stupid question, I just haven't done this before.
    Well thanks for planning to get down there on Wednesday. If you can get there after work or whatever on Monday, you may be able to sneak an in-person peak ata live performance. They will have to report for session at 8 pm, so whatever is going on will end by then.

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    MSI is the only group actively working to help the serfs of this "state".
    I stopped providing financial support to The NRA after FSA2013. Change My Mind.

The NRA was side by side with us in 2013, as a matter of fact, Shannon Alford, who was the NRA-ILA rep at the time pretty much lived in Annapolis in 2013. Every year after that, up to House gun bill day last year, she spent countless hours in Annapolis fight against Maryland infringements and fighting for further freedoms. In addition to Maryland, she was also responsible for fighting in Delaware and Illinois..

AGC and MSRPA were right beside us and in the back rooms with us as well, working on the same issues and fighting the same fights as MSI.

Since AGC closed their Legislative VP position that leaves MSI and MSRPA as the State level 2A groups, with the NRA-ILA still showing up. I have yet to meet Shannon's replacement so I have no clue who they are, but I trust they have been just as active as she was. I will find out for sure on Monday, and would be happy to report back if you like.

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    I see MSRPA testify a lot. MSI is not alone, but NRA is certainly not at the front of this.

It doesn't appear so this year, but in past years, NRA-ILA was right beside MSI and MSRPA. We will find out how engaged NRA-ILA is on Monday.

Engine4

Curmudgeon
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 30, 2012
    The NRA was side by side with us in 2013, as a matter of fact, Shannon Alford, who was the NRA-ILA rep at the time pretty much lived in Annapolis in 2013. Every year after that, up to House gun bill day last year, she spent countless hours in Annapolis fight against Maryland infringements and fighting for further freedoms. In addition to Maryland, she was also responsible for fighting in Delaware and Illinois...

As they always do, the liberal rats started attacking Shannon & her kids so she rightly got out of the NRA Rep job. That's what those assholes do, turn to violence when they don't have facts on their side.

MJD438

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2012
    Somewhere in MD
    The NRA was side by side with us in 2013, as a matter of fact, Shannon Alford, who was the NRA-ILA rep at the time pretty much lived in Annapolis in 2013. Every year after that, up to House gun bill day last year, she spent countless hours in Annapolis fight against Maryland infringements and fighting for further freedoms. In addition to Maryland, she was also responsible for fighting in Delaware and Illinois..

AGC and MSRPA were right beside us and in the back rooms with us as well, working on the same issues and fighting the same fights as MSI.

Since AGC closed their Legislative VP position that leaves MSI and MSRPA as the State level 2A groups, with the NRA-ILA still showing up. I have yet to meet Shannon's replacement so I have no clue who they are, but I trust they have been just as active as she was. I will find out for sure on Monday, and would be happy to report back if you like.

It doesn't appear so this year, but in past years, NRA-ILA was right beside MSI and MSRPA. We will find out how engaged NRA-ILA is on Monday.

Isn't John Commerford testifying for Maryland? He was working Midwest states like Wisconsin a few years ago.

Yes, John Commerford testified in the Senate last week and will be with us this week as we testify in front of both the House and Senate again.

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    Would sending one person to represent the whole force of the NRA be adequate for their standards? I’m not knocking NRA.

They have a representative from NRA-ILA, that may have other states including Maryland (see my post on the states Shannon had), but for testifying, and lobbying, it is the one representative, along with the hired lobbyist, which tend to do a good job of sitting with legislators and having meetings and conveying issues.

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    As they always do, the liberal rats started attacking Shannon & her kids so she rightly got out of the NRA Rep job. That's what those assholes do, turn to violence when they don't have facts on their side.

Ummm, sorry, that is not the reason that Shannon "got out" of the NRA Rep job. I will not speak to her private business, but I will say without hesitation that the above is absolutely incorrect.

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    Commerford did well lobbying against gun laws in Wisconsin. I know, but it's Wisconsin..

Adolph Oliver Bush

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Dec 13, 2015
    The senators all stole my thunder. Didn’t have a whole lot to add at that point. I did convince a lady beside me to email her legislators in opposition to sb346 as an abomination.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for making the effort to show up in person. Your presence matters.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ababe1120

Latest threads

Top Bottom