• Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!

Ultimate Member
    This should be interesting news tomorrow.
    Just got this in some alerts.

This is not copyright news article, it is a cut and paste of alerts from the UMDCP-DPS
    The University of Maryland Department of Public Safety received information that an individual posted comments of a threatening nature on the internet. The person posting the comments stated he had thoughts of committing an act of violence at the UMCP campus on Sunday, March 11, 2012. The quote on the website(s) were “I will be on a shooting rampage tomorrow on campus”, “hopefully I kill enough people to make it to national news”, and “stay away from the Mall tomorrow at 1:30”.

University Police detectives researched the postings and obtained information leading to the identity of the person who wrote them. Investigators have cause to believe that Mr. Alexander Song, 19, of Fulton, MD, a current student at UMCP, posted the comments. Detectives apprehended Mr. Song and determined that an emergency psychiatric evaluation was necessary. Accordingly, Mr. Song was taken to an area hospital for evaluation. Mr. Song was unarmed at the time of the arrest.

A warrant has been obtained charging Mr. Song, pictured below, with a violation of Section 26-101 of Education Article. Song has been specifically charged with disturbing the orderly conduct of the activities, administration or classes of UMCP. This is a misdemeanor charge punishable by a fine not to exceed $2500.00 and/or imprisonment not to exceed six months in jail.

University Police detectives and patrol officers worked through the night to identify and apprehend Mr. Song. This incident was taken extremely seriously by this agency and all efforts were put forth to bring it to a speedy and safe resolution.

“I thank our troops for preventing these threats from being carried out” – Chief David B. Mitchell.

The University administration moved to immediately suspend Song’s student status at UMCP. He is no longer permitted on campus pending a review.

Further information will be posted on the UMPDS website at www.umdps.umd.edu when available.

Sent by UMD Alerts to All users; Except Campus Visitor (E-mail) through UMD Alerts
    ... powered by the Roam Secure Alert Network
    --
    You received this message because you registered on UMD Alerts. To change your alerting preferences go to https://alert.umd.edu/mygroups.php

Tell a friend about UMD Alerts! Forward this message to them and have them register at http://alert.umd.edu

mikec

Ultimate Member
    Dec 1, 2007
    Off I-83
    The kid is charged with a crime that carries a $2,500 fine and/or 6 months in jail. What happens to him after that? That is, if he is convicted. Will he ever be allowed back at College Park or any other UMd school? Would any other college in America accept him? What business will hire this guy? Talk about ruining a life.

lx1x

Peanut Gallery
    Apr 19, 2009
    Maryland
    The kid is charged with a crime that carries a $2,500 fine and/or 6 months in jail. What happens to him after that? That is, if he is convicted. Will he ever be allowed back at College Park or any other UMd school? Would any other college in America accept him? What business will hire this guy? Talk about ruining a life.

They already said that he is banned from the school (UMD that is).

Kilroy

Ultimate Member
    Jul 27, 2011
    $10 says he doesn't even own guns. Good job to the police, getting that nutjob the treatment he needs.

NHaze

Mar 15, 2011
    Shepherdstown, WV
    what is it with Asian College Students???

kudo to UMPD

I noticed a TON of pressure to excell on my Asian friends in college. Both social pressure and especially family pressure. I thought a lot of my Asian friends would crack under it. Especially considering how poorly adjusted they seemed to be in general. Just my observations though, thankfully everyone seems to be doing alright now. Beyond that, no idea :confused:

Sent from my Droid

mikec

Ultimate Member
    Dec 1, 2007
    Off I-83
    The issue is, he should have been charged with a felony for conspiracy to commit murder, and let the courts decide if he's guilty.

Hmm, a conspiracy needs at least two people to exist. I am sure if the cops found evidence that someone else was working with this guy, they would have been charged.

Bringing BS charges does nothing but weaken the court system.

Ultimate Member
    $10 says he doesn't even own guns. Good job to the police, getting that nutjob the treatment he needs.

given his age he probably does not own anything. I think he is going to say he was drunk or something, idk.

The UMD student is obviously wrong and pretty stupid for posting that up. However, I do not think that this incident demands anymore laws, gun banning or restriction of gun rights. The UMD PD handled this well and our current system worked.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    navyfirefighter1981

Latest threads

Top Bottom