• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 3rdRcn

RIP
    Industry Partner
    Sep 9, 2007
    Harford County
    This will be a Sunday class for sure folks, I work every Saturday. I can make exceptions to the prerequisites based on speaking with you and discussing your experience level.

My concerns with this class is that it is drawing from a holster with live fire and also drawing from a conceal garment. If you do not have proper trigger discipline then this could be a big problem, we will be doing dry fire and working in baby steps and some of you I have shot with before so I know your level of experience. I will speak with you individually prior to giving you the go ahead to sign up for the class.

tsmith1499

Poor C&R Collector
    Jan 10, 2012
    Southern Mount Airy, Md.
    uggg.. im interested but dont have the basic handgun training.. :(

I'm in the same situation here. Had been around firearms for over 40 years. Never saw the need to take a course. But I used to be a certified NRA pistol instructor, but let it lapse years ago. Life gets in the way sometimes. And probably need to work on my "trigger discipline".

lx1x

Peanut Gallery
    Apr 19, 2009
    Maryland
    I'm in the same situation here. Had been around firearms for over 40 years. Never saw the need to take a course. But I used to be a certified NRA pistol instructor, but let it lapse years ago. Life gets in the way sometimes. And probably need to work on my "trigger discipline".

havent shoot as long as you have.. trigger discipline is a must.. even in regular target shooting.

for me.. only been practicing holster draw at home (unloaded gun) and lack the actual live fire. :o

mckkelso

Feb 19, 2009
    harford county
    im intrested and have a the basic handgun course out of the way plus i believe it was you we had a slight conversation at delta peach bottom about a few courses and a rso course

Mooseman

R.I.P.- Hooligan #4
    Jan 3, 2012
    Western Maryland
    I would love to take the class, but it is just too far away for me. If you decide to take it on the road, closer to Western Maryland, let me know.

3rdRcn

RIP
    Industry Partner
    Sep 9, 2007
    Harford County

If trigger discipline is an issue then this may not be a class you would want to take at this time.

havent shoot as long as you have.. trigger discipline is a must.. even in regular target shooting.

for me.. only been practicing holster draw at home (unloaded gun) and lack the actual live fire. :o

I have shot with you before and you would be good to go.

im intrested and have a the basic handgun course out of the way plus i believe it was you we had a slight conversation at delta peach bottom about a few courses and a rso course

You would be good to go as well.

Hi Terry, I'm interested depending on date and if the NRA RSO Certification would suffice as prerequisite. Thanks.

I've seen you shoot the steel plate matches and you would be fine for the class.

I would love to take the class, but it is just too far away for me. If you decide to take it on the road, closer to Western Maryland, let me know.

If you can arrange a venue that can handle the class then I wouldn't have a problem driving to your range.

montoya32

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jun 16, 2010
    Harford Co
    Can the pre-class interview be in a candle lit restaurant with violins playing in the background and waiter named Rocco? :blush: :lol2:

3rdRcn

RIP
    Industry Partner
    Sep 9, 2007
    Harford County
    Interested. I took the PPITH Course at Balto. County Game & Fish and it was well worth it.

oops, missed ya Gene, you are good to go also.

If I haven't given you a good to go then we will need to speak by phone prior to you signing up for the class.

The folks that have either attended a class that I have given in the past or I have personally witnessed their shooting skills are the folks that I have given an good to go, just so no one thinks that I am showing any form of favoritism.

3rdRcn

RIP
    Industry Partner
    Sep 9, 2007
    Harford County
    Im interested and would bring at least one person perhaps 2

I would need to speak with you prior to attending the class and I will not be doing any "I can bring a friend" for this class as it is a very advanced class. If I know the folks you are bringing that would be a different story but I can't do any walk ins that I don't know or aren't members of this forum, sorry.

This class is only for folks that are members of Maryland Shooters, I only do classes that are open to the public at Baltimore County Game and Fish. I am not an industry partner because I don't do these type of classes very often, I teach private lessons almost exclusively by word of mouth. I am trying to do this class as I said because of the Maryland laws that are changing and the availability of the facilities to run one of these classes properly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    J_Gunslinger

Latest threads

Top Bottom