• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    I hear this is probably going to be a dang good class! :thumbsup: ;)

balext

Jan 15, 2011
    Kensington MD
    You may want to check the use of the word weapon with your TC and the disclaimer in the BIT manual.

Don't want to be stickler, but the NRA training staff, especially those who conduct the TC classes, are very clear about the use of the "W" word in any NRA class. What you say in the rest of the class is your choice!

Also make sure you end the NRA PPOTH before moving on to other Carry topics required by MD.

:innocent0

+1

Gryphon

inveniam viam aut faciam
    Patriot Picket
    Mar 8, 2013
    Want to do it but, no-way that weekend. Please post the next class date when you schedule it! Happy Thanksgiving!

Threeband

The M1 Does My Talking
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 30, 2006
    Carroll County
    Will you repeat this after Christmas sometime? Frankly, that's just about the busiest weekend of the year for many people.

I took your PPOTH class last year (never got the book I left behind from you!), and would like to take the advanced. It wouldn't be a bad idea to repeat the PPOTH as a refresher anyway, followed by the advanced.

So what say? Can you do this again on a better weekend?

3rdRcn

RIP
    Industry Partner
    Sep 9, 2007
    Harford County
    Will you repeat this after Christmas sometime? Frankly, that's just about the busiest weekend of the year for many people.

I took your PPOTH class last year (never got the book I left behind from you!), and would like to take the advanced. It wouldn't be a bad idea to repeat the PPOTH as a refresher anyway, followed by the advanced.

So what say? Can you do this again on a better weekend?

I will try to, as I stated in an earlier post, it is very difficult to get the planets to align in regards to closing the range, instructors etc. I also have other coarses that I am involved with over at BCGF as well as a family and a real job, we'll see as the year develops.

I probably still have your manual somewhere as well.

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    Well, the wx held out on Sat, and Sun it didn't matter since it was a covered range.
    A huge thanks everyone who attended and to Terry for letting me "help out". This was my first non LEO/ NRA training experience. Terry did a great job of making a "hybrid" NRA/Md Wear and carry class. Satisfying the NRA requirements without being "contaminated" by non-curriculum didn't seem to be that great of a challenge. And the next classes, if he keeps them this way, will be seamless and refined.
    It was enlightening to see the different skill sets and experience (or lack there of) that each student brought with them. Over all, I know each one received what they attended for and (if I say so myself), learned a thing or two I know they have never realized about pistol shooting and concealed carry.
    Terry was effective and efficient keeping on topic making things roll along. Especially when I didn't know to shut up. :)
    From my concealed carry and experience point of view, the topics covered were thorough and pertinent to today's need.
    I hope many people take the next classes because they will come away with more knowledge than they came with. And that's a good thing.
    It was great to meet everyone and I would love to participate in the future classes.

MJD438

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2012
    Somewhere in MD
    Glad to hear things went well. I enjoyed my RSO class with Terry and am hoping to be able to attend more courses with him in the future (life got in the way of attending this one).

bawlmer

ALS Warrior
    Mar 15, 2013
    Bawlmer, hon.
    If there is a waiting list that I could get on, I would love to take this class. I wonder though, is it worth the effort if there's little or no chance of getting a MD ccw permit?

3rdRcn

RIP
    Industry Partner
    Sep 9, 2007
    Harford County
    If there is a waiting list that I could get on, I would love to take this class. I wonder though, is it worth the effort if there's little or no chance of getting a MD ccw permit?

It will be posted here when I do this class again. This class is not so much for Maryland but more so that you are prepared to carry and God forbid you need to draw your gun to defend yourself, you can do so in a safe manner to both yourself and the innocent people around you.

Most shooters think that drawing a gun from a concealed position and engaging a target is just like it is on a flat range trying to hit a bullseye, this could not be farther from the truth. Taking a class like this will not only educate you on the laws here in Maryland but will also open your eyes to what it actually takes to do so in a safe manner and hit the target you are aiming at.

Gryphon

inveniam viam aut faciam
    Patriot Picket
    Mar 8, 2013

The IP can't make that decision for you - its personal! Can you afford the cost of the class, cost of the application fee, etc. and to lose it all? That's what your Maryland legislators have done to you. Make question whether you should do it - so you don't. Then deny you anyway! For me, I am in even if I get denied. Money well spent trying to stem or change the tide! Besides, like 3rdRcn says - the training is worth it one way or the other.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom