• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • inkd

Ultimate Member
    Aug 4, 2009
    Ridge
    What is a good price for Pmags?

I want to pick some up but see a difference in price depending on what website I go to.

What is a decent price?

inkd

Ultimate Member
    Aug 4, 2009
    Ridge
    Thanks guys, I'll give Joebobs a look see... A guy I was looking at had them for 14.50, no window. I'll go with Joebobs most likely. I'd rather support an IP anyways.

inkd

Ultimate Member
    Aug 4, 2009
    Ridge
    Joe Bob had Pmags with windows for $14.85 each and without windows for $13.00 each. Those were 30rd mags.

I just ordered 5 each, they beat everyone with free shipping over 90 dollars.

:thumbsup:

inkd

Ultimate Member
    Aug 4, 2009
    Ridge
    Thanks for the info guys. Time to order a few

I had my magazines shipped to a friend in another state and will have them brought up to me since they were 30 round mags. I believe they have 20 round mags too though.

inkd

Ultimate Member
    Aug 4, 2009
    Ridge
    12 bucks a mag at the gun show a week or 2 ago any color you wanted no window

I'd like to be able to have gotten them at a gun show, that wasn't an option for me. I hope there are a couple shows when I am back home. I like the one stop shopping.

mvee

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 13, 2007
    Crofton
    I had my magazines shipped to a friend in another state and will have them brought up to me since they were 30 round mags. I believe they have 20 round mags too though.

I think that might not be legal. You would be transferring or receiving them in the state. Now if you were to take possession in another state it would be ok, I think.

TROOPER

Ultimate Member
    May 22, 2011
    Raleigh, NC
    This thread will not end well :popcorn:

I'm surprised there isn't a sticky on this subject already.

While shipping to another State (say PA) and picking them up from a friend is perfectly legal.

However I have seen many people in here debate if online purchases is technically legal.

While you may ship to another state, and even collect/transfer in another state... Where is the purchase/transaction tacking place?

Even if the vendor is in another State (say CA), if you are sat behind a laptop in MD when you order, where did the purchase take place.. CA or MD?

Personally I think the online "purchase thing" is fine. But maybe the mods/admins can clarify, and make it a sticky, because there are a dozen threads like this, that all end up getting locked.

Nemesis

Russian Grizzly Adams
    Oct 3, 2009
    Martinsburg, WV
    Yep...that would be illegal...however if you were to say...randomly find them...well then, its not changing ownership or anything...
    Just my .02...dont break the law...that being said though, proving where a mag changed hands between friends is near impossible...no cop is going to stop you at the range and ask you about them. Its very evident that the mag cap law is pretty much overlooked due to its pointless nature...just dont talk about anything done publicly. Again though, its best to just follow the law, no matter how stupid it may be.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA

While shipping to another State (say PA) and picking them up from a friend is perfectly legal.

However I have seen many people in here debate if online purchases is technically legal.

While you may ship to another state, and even collect/transfer in another state... Where is the purchase/transaction tacking place?

Even if the vendor is in another State (say CA), if you are sat behind a laptop in MD when you order, where did the purchase take place.. CA or MD?

Personally I think the online "purchase thing" is fine. But maybe the mods/admins can clarify, and make it a sticky, because there are a dozen threads like this, that all end up getting locked.

IMO an online purchase occurs in the state where the transaction (web) server is located. If they don't collect sales tax for MD, then IMO it's OOS. If I drive to Cabelas in PA and the transaction there goers to the same server, is this a MD purchase? Could I buy it on line from the same server if I'm in MD? I think so but,.

IANAL.

TROOPER

Ultimate Member
    May 22, 2011
    Raleigh, NC
    IMO an online purchase occurs in the state where the transaction (web) server is located. If they don't collect sales tax for MD, then IMO it's OOS.

IANAL.

Well if we're talking about "servers" thats a whole different ball game.

A server for an internet service provider, or even the "website host server" could be anywhere, and there's no way to tell where it is.

If the vendor is in CA, the buyer on his laptop is in MD (with intent to ship/collect in PA), the website "server" could be in any State.

I wouldn't know if a GoDaddy server hosting the website is located in CA, MD, AZ or any other State for that matter.

If we assumed the server was in PA it would be perfectly legal.

But In the event of the host server (example in PA) failing, and they fail over to a backup server in MD in the afternoon, would my purchase suddenly become illegal without my knowledge?

lx1x

Peanut Gallery
    Apr 19, 2009
    Maryland

he ordered it from afghanistan so he is still good.. ;) :innocent0

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    J_Gunslinger

Latest threads

Top Bottom