• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hippy

Mar 11, 2008
    Frostburg Md
    Looking for land Public or private to Rabbit hunt --I usually hunt HARD during January and Feburary after all the Deer and Duck season is over

Thanx,
    Jim

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    If it lasts longer than 4 hours you should probably consult a physician. ;)

J/K, what county are you looking in?

ShOrebird

Feb 22, 2010
    The first time I asked my cousins to let me go rabbit hunting with them, I ended up sitting on the hood of a car with a shotgun as they slowly-drove around at night with the headlights on "high."
    I assume this practice is frowned upon these days?

Look! I was only 10 at the time.

THEY MADE ME DO IT!!!!!!!

:innocent0

browning guy

SCRUFFY NERF HERDER
    Dec 10, 2009
    Essex
    The first time I asked my cousins to let me go rabbit hunting with them, I ended up sitting on the hood of a car with a shotgun as they slowly-drove around at night with the headlights on "high."
    I assume this practice is frowned upon these days?

Look! I was only 10 at the time.

THEY MADE ME DO IT!!!!!!!

:innocent0

I have the same story but we were driving down the "run way":shocked4:

ShOrebird

Feb 22, 2010
    Never had rabbit but I hear they taste like chicken.....why not just et the chicken? Lol

IMHO the best parts of a chicken are the legs. They are not dry, like the breast, and not fatty, like the thighs. The entire rabbit has the same fat/texture of the meat on chicken legs.
    Anyway, rabbit taste like, well, rabbit. It is a subtle difference, but you are talking about the difference of tastes between a fowl and a mammal. Normally, when someone tells me to eat something that "tastes just like chicken," I run away.
    However, If you can find a rabbit, give it a try. A slow stew in a crock-pot works great. If you really want to make it taste like chicken, throw in a few cans of chicken stock.

Angeleyes1968

Sep 3, 2012
    Southern Maryland
    IMHO the best parts of a chicken are the legs. They are not dry, like the breast, and not fatty, like the thighs. The entire rabbit has the same fat/texture of the meat on chicken legs.
    Anyway, rabbit taste like, well, rabbit. It is a subtle difference, but you are talking about the difference of tastes between a fowl and a mammal. Normally, when someone tells me to eat something that "tastes just like chicken," I run away.
    However, If you can find a rabbit, give it a try. A slow stew in a crock-pot works great. If you really want to make it taste like chicken, throw in a few cans of chicken stock.

Maybe after I get used to shooting my rifle I will try some, never had the opportunity before. I was speaking with friends about it tonight and they said things very similar to your response, looks like I will be having rabbit in the near future.

ShOrebird

Feb 22, 2010
    Maybe after I get used to shooting my rifle I will try some, never had the opportunity before. I was speaking with friends about it tonight and they said things very similar to your response, looks like I will be having rabbit in the near future.

You will enjoy it. A crock-pot stew is the easiest way to go. If you have the time to tend to a frying pan, try frying it like you would "Maryland Fried Chicken." There are recipes for both methods all over the webs (try some in the Recipes thread here at Maryland Shooters.)

Remember, dogs are pets! Bunnies are food!!!
    :party29:

Indiana Jones

Wolverine
    Mar 18, 2011
    CCN
    Browning guy and I use old German 88s and a couple spotlights. "It's about the thrill of the kill not the sport or ethics." Zzzzzz zzzzzzz zzzzzz

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    Browning guy and I use old German 88s and a couple spotlights. "It's about the thrill of the kill not the sport or ethics." Zzzzzz zzzzzzz zzzzzz

Ahh, you guys hunt like "SUPERSTAR's"... :innocent0

:lol2:

Subsonic .22's do the job beautifully, base of the skull, quick end, and the meats in great shape. :D

browning guy

SCRUFFY NERF HERDER
    Dec 10, 2009
    Essex
    Ahh, you guys hunt like "SUPERSTAR's"... :innocent0

OH YEA GAME ON!! Don't judge me man!!!

I hunt for the meat!!! nothing stands in my way man!!! I am feeding my family on nothing but rabbits I KILLED with my flak 88 and geese Dr. Jones and I take after dark with a mini gun and a surefire light taped to a broom stick!!!

It not a sport man it survival!!! Who said the pond with the geese was behind an old age home? you can't prove it the cop lied man!!!
    We need to eat and if I need to electrofry that pond I will do it Man!!!

If I shoot dove with a 12 ga 3 1/2 mag 2oz steel super mag load from a turkey choke in my riot gun man, I win!! its food!!! man!!

My deer is so small I fit it in my pocket man!!! no need to check it in man!!
    I just keep slaughtering man!!! What horn restrictions man?!?!?!
    I need to make an f"ing deer burger man!!!

DON'T JUDGE ME MAN!!!!!!!( oh and cars detailed for$12.00 an hours please call for freindly service, man!)

:lol2:

Subsonic .22's do the job beautifully, base of the skull, quick end, and the meats in great shape. :D

fixed it for you "superstar"

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    :lol: :lol2:

Hmm, electrified ponds - I'd never thought about that one. Would make fishing easier... :D

Your measly 88's..., I use 155's - for prairie dogs. :smoke:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom