• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Casey39r

BANNED!!!
    Mar 27, 2018
    Maryland
    Some things don't need a reason. I'm building a new rifle with a 29 inch barrel 50 BMG upper mounted on an AR-15 lower receiver. The total cost for this build will only be $2100. Does anyone know a range that is 500 meter or longer within a 100 mile radius of Baltimore?

dist1646

Ultimate Member
    May 1, 2012
    Eldersburg
    Why not go with a UMAREX Hammer for $815? It is a .50 caliber air rifle that produces enough energy to be legal for deer sized game! I saw the article over on the accurateshooter.com forum.

jrumann59

DILLIGAF
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 17, 2011
    Just tell them you shooting from your house to their range, they should be fine with it...

That thread is over 1 1/2 years old. Things could have changed. As few places as there are to shoot that monster I'd invest the 30 seconds to make the call. But that's just me

I was there over the weekend...Nothing has changed..I know the RSO,,,no 50BMG...and I have researched the upper you are building your rifle with....A word of advice before your fire it for the first time...padding, especially on your stock shoulder...lots of it...OH and I recommend a NON telescoping stock..From everything I have read your stock will probably fail within a few rounds. The small bits of info I can find recommend an M16A2 type fixed stock with an over the stock butt pad as well as a padded shoulder on whatever you are wearing. Apparently the recoil on that thing is off the chart..

Casey39r

BANNED!!!
    Mar 27, 2018
    Maryland
    I was there over the weekend...Nothing has changed..I know the RSO,,,no 50BMG...and I have researched the upper you are building your rifle with....A word of advice before your fire it for the first time...padding, especially on your stock shoulder...lots of it...OH and I recommend a NON telescoping stock..From everything I have read your stock will probably fail within a few rounds. The small bits of info I can find recommend an M16A2 type fixed stock with an over the stock butt pad as well as a padded shoulder on whatever you are wearing. Apparently the recoil on that thing is off the chart..

Your advice makes sense and I will implement them, however, if i can't find a range to use then I will put a hold on building it. Elk Neck State Park will allow 50 BMGs but it is only a 100 yards range. Thank you for your reply.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom