• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ToolAA

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 17, 2016
    God's Country
    For those who do not have large work spaces for reloading I noticed a decent bench and cabinet on sale at Costco today.

580907899d167129fc40f5b08ad0b568.jpg

726b0c8176dafc0a7866648535babd87.jpg

Bench is $199 and cabinet is $249. They seem quite sturdy and are on large casters.

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    The wife told me about these. It's good to finally see them. I am impressed. If that is solid wood, that looks to be a good deal.

ToolAA

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 17, 2016
    God's Country
    I didn’t stick my head under and check the wood top. I did knock on it and it seems solid but not a very dense wood like oak or maple.

RetiredArmyGuy

Jan 16, 2018
    Pasadena, MD
    They are now $149 for the workbench. Solid wood top. I bought two for my new reloading room. I am waiting on my Inline Fabrication mounts to arrive and I will be in business again!

protegeV

Ready to go
    Apr 3, 2011
    TX
    Anyone buy one? Are they as sturdy as the picture makes them look(nevermind the missing bolt on the left middle bracket :D)

RetiredArmyGuy

Jan 16, 2018
    Pasadena, MD
    Anyone buy one? Are they as sturdy as the picture makes them look(nevermind the missing bolt on the left middle bracket :D)

I bought two of them. They are very sturdy and weigh about 160lbs. I am probably going to pull the wheels off and replace them with pieces of 4x4 bolted through the bottom to keep it from moving at all.

Amigo109

Jan 25, 2018
    Columbia MD
    These tables are great. But if you want to pull up a chair and work you'd probably be better with a traditional table. I was even thinking about getting on to be a side table for the bbq and just keep it covered when not in use out on the deck.

PowPow

Where's the beef?
    Nov 22, 2012
    Howard County
    Oh my, I saw one of them last weekend. It is solid as can be. Great quality. My main gripe would be height: not as tall as I would like. That was enough to keep me from buying one that I don't have space for anyway. It also validated my current benches and their strengths / weaknesses. I wish my main reloading bench were as solid, but I like its height, depth, and features better.

BartExp

Ultimate Member
    Make your own. Started with a 7' door that was dead flat. Plans off of Workbench magazine for the base. Sits on 6 100lb rated wheels. Shims hold it in place. Solid is an understatement.

Attachments

• IMG_0143.jpg
      IMG_0143.jpg
      52 KB · Views: 119
    Last edited:

RetiredArmyGuy

Jan 16, 2018
    Pasadena, MD
    Oh my, I saw one of them last weekend. It is solid as can be. Great quality. My main gripe would be height: not as tall as I would like. That was enough to keep me from buying one that I don't have space for anyway. It also validated my current benches and their strengths / weaknesses. I wish my main reloading bench were as solid, but I like its height, depth, and features better.

The height was a potential issue for me as well but I decided to just buy a 4x4x8 and some lag bolts and washers to replace the wheels with 4x4 legs at the height I want. Plus I will bolt it to the wall to make it rock solid. With the Inline Fabrication quick mount system one will be multi purpose and the other will have my Rockchucker and Dillon 650 mounted.

Attachments

• 8B0DFDD7-5554-4BAD-9FAA-445FC87813D5.jpg
      8B0DFDD7-5554-4BAD-9FAA-445FC87813D5.jpg
      61.6 KB · Views: 87
    Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    SparkyKoT