• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • buddy357

Apr 6, 2015
    Just checking in. Retired Navy CPO, moved to MD because I took a job repairing medical imaging devices. Mainly looking for info on where to shoot and which AR's have to be registered. I did figure out that CCW is a no-go for me (which sucks, I've had a Virginia CCW since 1996) and it seems outdoor ranges are few and far between.

Engine4

Curmudgeon
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 30, 2012
    Welcome from Westminster! I used to work at the Halethorpe firehouse many years ago.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    Howdy. Join the fight.

www.marylandshallissue.org

Dave MP

Retired USA
    Jun 13, 2010
    Farmland, PA
    [FONT=&quot]Welcome from Dundalk!
    [FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]
    [/FONT][/FONT][/FONT] Take a look at these [/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]helpful[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot] links – LOTS of [/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]amazing[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot] info!

[/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]FORUM RULES[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Please consider donating to the legal defense fund to support the UNITED CHALLENGE OF THE MARYLAND FIREARMS BAN[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot]

SB 281:
    [/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]A detailed summary for non-lawyers[/FONT][FONT=&quot]Legal Defense Thread[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Range Etiquette and Staying Safe[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Admin News and Announcements[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Gun Rights and Legislation[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Industry Partners[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]MD Shooters Firearms Map[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Acronym list[/FONT][/FONT]

buddy357

Apr 6, 2015
    I have 2 SBR's I got in 09, and a Bushmaster lower with a RRA NM upper I've had since 04. I know the SBR's do get registered, because they aren't HBARs. At least they are over 29", so I don't have the "its a pistol" bs. I'm working on the web-form and not sure whether to include the Bushmaster since the NM barrel is a heavy barrel.

I actually like the area, but I am very used to CCW and shooting is my stress relief, so its a big change to not be able to. I am hoping to get the area from one of the next two of the guys I work with scheduled to retire in VA, but thats 4-5 years down the road.

94hokie

Mar 29, 2015
    Severna Park, MD
    I have 2 SBR's I got in 09, and a Bushmaster lower with a RRA NM upper I've had since 04. I know the SBR's do get registered, because they aren't HBARs. At least they are over 29", so I don't have the "its a pistol" bs. I'm working on the web-form and not sure whether to include the Bushmaster since the NM barrel is a heavy barrel.

I actually like the area, but I am very used to CCW and shooting is my stress relief, so its a big change to not be able to. I am hoping to get the area from one of the next two of the guys I work with scheduled to retire in VA, but thats 4-5 years down the road.

If it's Heavy Barrel you probably don't need to register it. I would suggest joining one of the member clubs of the Associated Gun Clubs of Maryland. They have 100 yd, 200 yd, pistol, and Trap ranges off Marriottsville Rd which is about 30 minutes from Halethorpe

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    Welcome from just south of you in Elkridge!

+1 on the AGC range. Top of the tops around here.

If you'd like to tag along one day and check it out just shoot me a PM.

axshon

Ultimate Member
    May 23, 2010
    Howard County
    Welcome from your neighborhood and thanks for your service. Also an AGC member (MD Rifle) and you're welcome to come along any time though I won't get out shooting for a couple weeks I think. I'm more of a bolt action guy these days but bring what ya got and we'll make some noise.

If you're not a joiner, you can also head over to Hap Baker in Westminster which is about 45 minutes from us and has a daily charge. Get there early on the weekends to secure a lane.

buddy357

Apr 6, 2015
    Rather than risk it since Bushmaster is banned by name, I ended up registering my highpower rifle, even though its definitely a hbar with the national match profile.

Applehd

Throbbing Member
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 26, 2012
    Welcome from another member in your hood...

Welcome from Westminster! I used to work at the Halethorpe firehouse many years ago.
    and E4... I might know you... I was a volunteer at the Consul for many years.

mcbruzdzinski

NRA Training Counselor
    Industry Partner
    Aug 28, 2007
    Catonsville MD
    If you are looking for an outdoor range, check out the Associated Gun Clubs of Baltimore (www.associatedgunclubs.org). The property is shared by 30 gun clubs and offers 4 trap fields, archery range, 100 yd range (100 positions), 200 yd range (10 positions), indoor pellet gun range, and a 50yd pistol range (58 positions).

It is about a 30 minute drive from Elkridge area.

I am in Catonsville, just up the road from you on I-195!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom