• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    So if the ATF does nothing are we screwed or will the ATF approval letter that came with the stock be sufficient as "ATF approval" to own as far as the MD is concerned ?
    That letter is not approval to own. The ATF is not going to do anything to help us.

East2West

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jul 20, 2013
    Nomalley, Nobama
    There was a power vacuum at the top in 2014. Hogan and Szeliga emerged.

The power brokers in the GOP simply reflect the attitudes of the GOP in this state. To change the attitudes, you have to change voters minds. The GOP has never been as solidly pro-2A as people seem to think. GOP gave us the machine gun ban in the guise of FOPA, and helped with the assault weapons ban.

So, you're saying it's possible to create a vacuum and replace the figureheads of a party?

CrazySanMan

2013'er
    Mar 4, 2013
    Colorful Colorado
    As gun owning Marylanders, you need to take an election or two to say "To Hell with winning the election, we need to make a statement about the 2A". Vote for the most 2A friendly candidate, even though that person won't be the most electable. When the MDGOP sees that a good chunk of the registered R's in MD voted for a 3rd party pro-2A guy instead of the mainstream RINO it will help them understand that the 2A is important to MDGOP voters and hopefully in the future the 2A will be a bigger issue when selecting candidates.

Or, you guys can continue doing what you've done for my entire 45 year life - vote for the lesser of 2 evils and each April you can sit around and talk about the freedoms you lost, lying to yourself and saying it could have been worse, you managed to get an amendment to one of the freedom-restricting gun bills reduced in severity.

What has voting for the lesser of two evils got you? Are your 2A rights better off today than they were in 2014?

As gun owning Marylanders, you need to take an election or two to say "To Hell with winning the election, we need to make a statement about the 2A". Vote for the most 2A friendly candidate, even though that person won't be the most electable. When the MDGOP sees that a good chunk of the registered R's in MD voted for a 3rd party pro-2A guy instead of the mainstream RINO it will help them understand that the 2A is important to MDGOP voters and hopefully in the future the 2A will be a bigger issue when selecting candidates.

Or, you guys can continue doing what you've done for my entire 45 year life - vote for the lesser of 2 evils and each April you can sit around and talk about the freedoms you lost, lying to yourself and saying it could have been worse, you managed to get an amendment to one of the freedom-restricting gun bills reduced in severity.

What has voting for the lesser of two evils got you? Are your 2A rights better off today than they were in 2014?

Somebody buy this guy a beer.

ironpony

MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Davidsonville
    Would SD as G&S now work for both sides? "I saw a gun under their shirt, they are dangerous!, I fear for my life." = more evil guns off the street.

The legislators who tout their "NRA Rating" should lose that ability, and soon.

SanMan your post 303 makes sense and I have heard it before as the right thing to do ... I forget where I heard that.

Are we right in the middle of "The Swamp"?

Haides

Ultimate Member
    Oct 12, 2012
    Glen Burnie
    You seem to think that nominating somebody who is out of the mainstream of Maryland politics but is unelectable is the solution to the problem. We barely get a liberal Republican elected.

If I'm wrong, give me a name of somebody who meets the pro-2A test and is electable in MD.

If they can't be elected, you're pissing into the wind.

I am stating one thing that we need to do- which is to STOP supporting any and all anti-2A candidates regardless of the political consequences- I have NOT said that that is the only thing we should do. It is a first step.

Instead of defeating your own party's candidates and choosing the "least bad," then why not : 1) Go to party activities and meetings and encourage the pro-2A activists to run, and the other activists to support them; or 2) Run yourself.

Some people here seem to think there's a stash of pro-2A Republican would-be candidates who just aren't running. Where are they? Who are these well-hidden saviors?

Again, nobody here is trying to preclude what you're talking about, only saying that we all need to vow not to support any anti-2A candidates under any circumstances as a first step.

I mean, holy hell guys, this is a gun enthusiast and 2A advocacy forum. If we can't agree not to support anti-2A candidates, then what the hell are any of us even doing here?

rockstarr

Major Deplorable
    Feb 25, 2013
    The Bolshevik Lands

exactly, this is just what i'll be doing this fall. Any incumbent that voted wrong/ against what I hold so dear, I will vote third party on. I don't care about voting the lesser of 2 evils anymore. I've had enough...

MDFF2008

Ultimate Member
    Aug 12, 2008
    Was talking to one of my friends who is running for House of Delegates. He made a very important point.

2020 Redistricting. Who do we want redrawing the maps? Esp since we don't know we dow the Supreme Court will rule on the restricting case.

Boondock Saint

Ultimate Member
    Dec 11, 2008
    White Marsh

This exactly.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    :sad20:

This state imo, is fubar(see Kalifornia GOP).

Only (re)starting point I see is establishing Hogan's successor. This ship has a 4" hole in it and you're pumping it out with a 2" pipe. It's time to swim to ashore and build a new ship.

Sorry for the gloomy Gus, I just do see it any other way.

Boondock Saint

Ultimate Member
    Dec 11, 2008
    White Marsh
    Was talking to one of my friends who is running for House of Delegates. He made a very important point.

2020 Redistricting. Who do we want redrawing the maps? Esp since we don't know we dow the Supreme Court will rule on the restricting case.

Politics of fear, again. There will always be some "GOTTA HAVE" issue that "absolutely requires" us to hold our nose and vote for the R turd over the D turd, or vote for this "most electable" (read: liberal) R turd over this presumably more conservative turd.

If we stop buying into the politics of fear, citizens might actually begin to take back some of that which has been lost. Until then, we will continue to play their game by their rules.

And as regards redistricting, the GA can tell the governor to go fly a kite when he submits his redistricting map. It's never been done before, but please see above regarding whose game it is and whose rules by which we play.

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    How many times on this GUN forum have we read about long term this and long term that and doing what's required to win the war? Answer: Oodles! Yet folks embrace their inner water and take the path of least resistance when it comes to voting for politicians who, clearly, don't have our best interests at heart. The meaning of insanity is.....

Until we start inflicting pain on politicians, both locally and nationally, they'll continue inflicting pain on us. And the only pain you can inflict on a lying, snake in the grass, politician is to deny them their reelection bid. We all know that reelection is THE only thing politicians care about. They care about it more than they care about their own children.

No one is saying it will be easy or beneficial in the short term. It won't be. It will be painful. For a while. But it would be of benefit long term. When politicians see that their actions result in a single term, I honestly believe they'll change their way of thinking. Once politicians see that voters are no longer willing to say "Thank you, Sir may I have another?" we'll start seeing politicians who'll do what they were hired to do. And that is to fully represent the people who hired them.

Having to breaking a few eggs to make an omelet has never been more true than it is right now.

Unpopular .02

Bountied

Ultimate Member
    Apr 6, 2012
    Pasadena
    :sad20:

This state imo, is fubar(see Kalifornia GOP).

Only (re)starting point I see is establishing Hogan's successor. This ship has a 4" hole in it and you're pumping it out with a 2" pipe. It's time to swim to ashore and build a new ship.

Sorry for the gloomy Gus, I just do see it any other way.

What's the GPM flow for the 4" hole vs the 2" pipe?

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    What's the GPM flow for the 4" hole vs the 2" pipe?

I bet she can tell us...

Hint: It's from a movie about an object that's currently on display in DC.

c3d874148d1c3fbc9c998eb7f2a73eb8--jacqueline-bissett-her-style.jpg

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    There are some fluid dynamics and friction issues, but the oversimplified answer is 4in pipe flows aprox 4X as much as 2in pipe .

Yes , Redistricting is a major long term issue . But Hogan's potential affect on the issue is overstated by Hogan supporters .

The ( whichever) Governor gets to present "A" Map to the MGA . He Can't make them approve it . All the Democrat Supermajority has to do is vote NO on Hogan's Map .

If the MGA doesn't approve Hogan's Map by 6th Week of the Session, they are then free to draw their own Map with no input from Governor, and approve that instead by simple majority .

rockstarr

Major Deplorable
    Feb 25, 2013
    The Bolshevik Lands
    sadly, I still believe its going to have to get even worse before people come to their senses about how rotten these politicians are and vote them out.

Sometimes its got to get real bad before people realize it, then change happens.

Vetted84

Nov 8, 2016
    And as regards redistricting, the GA can tell the governor to go fly a kite when he submits his redistricting map. It's never been done before, but please see above regarding whose game it is and whose rules by which we play.

Has there ever been a GOP governor in place to draw the redistricting map?

I don't see the GA having any problem telling Hogan to go fly a kite. Not that I believe he has much of a chance at being re-elected, unless of course he comes clean and switches parties.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom