• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sirex

Powered by natural gas
    Oct 30, 2010
    Westminster, MD
    So, I don't know much about them. I have the 2 AR15s, a Vepr rifle (in sporter config), and other legal semi auto long guns. The current proposed 2018 Assault Weapons ban looks like it makes almost EVERY semi auto that accepts a detachable mag banned, and grandfathered guns non transferable. So, if I put my guns into a family trust, with my kids names on it, would they be able to take possession of them, once they are 18 or 21, if this 2018 ban goes ahead? Looking for a way to legally hand some down to the kids, should this BS pass. Thanks

rob-cubed

In need of moderation
    Sep 24, 2009
    Holding the line in Baltimore
    It's a great question I hadn't considered.

Legally, it seems like the concept of "transfer" could be challenged at some point and extended to adding new people to a trust. So your kids might have access them, but their kids might not.

Realistically, the number of us with trusts or who would even do this is probably too low for them to bother.

Sirex

Powered by natural gas
    Oct 30, 2010
    Westminster, MD
    This ban is going nowhere.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's what I was hoping, but Trump seemed a little to eager to deal. Plus every state, including MD is doing the Sandyhook Shuffle to rush out hastily drafted grabbing bills to make it appear they are doing something. Whether federally or on a state level, they are coming for our guns.

Sirex