• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 44man

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    southern md
    Hers what I am looking for;

A single suppressor I can use for my 9 mm pistol hosts, a 9 mm ar pistol, a 300 blackout ar, my 556 ar’s.

If it were light enough to use on 22lr hosts all the better

I have a bunch of old 45acp pistols and I could get a threaded barrel for one of them but it’s not really what I am looking for but if it’s reasonable I am ok with that

I want it user friendly and fairly easy to clean and as quiet as possible

I want something rugged and by a company with good customer service if something goes wrong, like a baffle or end cap strike, and a company that will be around a long time

Sub $1800 with stamp but sub $1250 would be better cause I could get it a month sooner but if necessary more money could be gathered

I know this is a lot to ask but I am seriously asking for help from those with more experience at this than me and if this is too much to ask tell me what is possible for suppressing the above guns

Hopefully I haven’t asked for a unicorn

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    The problem here is that a can that can handle the 5.56 is going to be too heavy to use on a pistol. You will need 2 suppressors. One for pistols and one for rifles. You can still do that within your price range.

44man

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    southern md
    The problem here is that a can that can handle the 5.56 is going to be too heavy to use on a pistol. You will need 2 suppressors. One for pistols and one for rifles. You can still do that within your price range.

Thanks doc, two questions

First, if I take 556 off the table will a single can do the rest of what I want ?

Second , if I did two cans, which two would you recommend?

And thank you very much for the quick reply

woodline

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 8, 2017
    For your requirements, I think your best options are:

Liberty Cosmic (should do literally everything you requested)
    Newest version Liberty Mystic X (doesn't do .45 acp but rated for more of the common high power centerfire rifle cartridges than the Cosmic)
    Griffin Optimus (doesn't do .45acp but comes with basically everything you need for the other stuff. Liberty doesn't include boosters or really much of anything besides the can and awesome customer service)

Now I think you might be better suited going with suppressors that are purpose built for exactly what you want, but I am waiting on stamps for a Griffin optimus and a liberty Cosmic--can't even follow my own advice. The Liberty stuff jumped $250+ in price from the sales they were running this fall at Silencershop, so it might be better to wait on another sale to come around for those. So if you're set on just one can, Griffin Optimus ($900ish) seems like your best bet. You really should look into a .30 cal rifle can and a .45 or 9mm pistol can, though. Honestly it won't be that much more expensive to buy great examples of both, and you'll probably be happier.

Or you can be like me and be waiting for stamps on six suppressors from the summer/fall slump sales.

44man

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    southern md
    For your requirements, I think your best options are:

Liberty Cosmic (should do literally everything you requested)
    Newest version Liberty Mystic X (doesn't do .45 acp but rated for more of the common high power centerfire rifle cartridges than the Cosmic)
    Griffin Optimus (doesn't do .45acp but comes with basically everything you need for the other stuff. Liberty doesn't include boosters or really much of anything besides the can and awesome customer service)

Now I think you might be better suited going with suppressors that are purpose built for exactly what you want, but I am waiting on stamps for a Griffin optimus and a liberty Cosmic--can't even follow my own advice. The Liberty stuff jumped $250+ in price from the sales they were running this fall at Silencershop, so it might be better to wait on another sale to come around for those. So if you're set on just one can, Griffin Optimus ($900ish) seems like your best bet. You really should look into a .30 cal rifle can and a .45 or 9mm pistol can, though. Honestly it won't be that much more expensive to buy great examples of both, and you'll probably be happier.

Or you can be like me and be waiting for stamps on six suppressors from the summer/fall slump sales.

I have been studying up on the exact three you mentioned. All three need quite a few “ accessories “ and the dag on accessories can cost an arm and a leg.

Don’t get me wrong, I wanna buy once and cry once, be it one can or three. I just don’t want less than I want, I want more.

I could probably get away with the mystic and accessories for two 9mm pistols and a 300 bo and 9mm ar and use it for my spare rimfire suppressor

Or the cosmic, but just more accessories

Or the Optimus and the Gemtech accessories

It makes my head spin

That’s why I am asking for help deciding

If I ain’t care full I will be waiting on 10 stamps cause that’s how I am, I know myself, I am a true right wing gun nut with a safe so full of stuff that some folks would say I am crazy, lol

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    I would say 3 suppressors. One .30 cal, one pistol 9mm/.40/.45, and one rimfire.
    Not sure if anyone makes anything that will be effective with all three.
    For rimfire you really should have something that you can take apart and clean.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    I would say 3 suppressors. One .30 cal, one pistol 9mm/.40/.45, and one rimfire.

^^^This^^^

44man

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    southern md

^^^This^^^

I have a rimfire can in jail. Gymratz gave me such a deal I had to get it.

So I guess I am more looking for a pistol - rifle can?

The mystic x seems to fit the bill as does the Optimus but idk. It’s ehy I am asking

Name names, make recommendations, I want advice from those with experience

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    I have a rimfire can in jail. Gymratz gave me such a deal I had to get it.

So I guess I am more looking for a pistol - rifle can?

The mystic x seems to fit the bill as does the Optimus but idk. It’s ehy I am asking

Name names, make recommendations, I want advice from those with experience
    The thing is, pistol cans are light and made(often) to be taken apart for cleaning. They can't withstand the muzzle pressures developed by rifle calibers. Rifle cans are heavy for that reason. Some can weigh as much as an unloaded pistol, generally speaking.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA

This is what I ended up doing.

Silencerco Sparrow for my rimfire
    Osprey 45 for my pistols with different pistons
    AAC SDN6 for my 5.56/300 BO long guns.

Not simple but it works.

44man

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    southern md
    The thing is, pistol cans are light and made(often) to be taken apart for cleaning. They can't withstand the muzzle pressures developed by rifle calibers. Rifle cans are heavy for that reason. Some can weigh as much as an unloaded pistol, generally speaking.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

What would you recommend for a pistol can for say 9mm& 45acp, if it’s good for 22lr all the better

What would you recommend for a rifle can for say 300 bo and 556

Both user friendly and serviceable

I know so little and want to learn as much as possible as fast as possible

And thanks for the help

Rob R.

Oct 29, 2016
    Harford Co
    Initially I looked for a perfect “do all” suppressor for my rimfire , 9mm and eventual .308/6.5 Rifles. Quickly found out it just does not exist..

First a rimfire suppressor it would be preferred to be really easy to clean as it will dirty up much faster than any other caliber. This is why I chose to go with a monocore baffleless suppressor. Second you do not want a 15-20oz suppressor on most any rimfire rifle or handgun, I sure don’t anyways..

Next most go with a 45 can If you have 9mm/40s&w/.45 but I since I do not own anything other than 9mm threaded pistols I went with the SilencerCo Omega 9k as it is very light and short compared to many other “pistol” cans. Plenty of good 45 cal options from SiCo Gemtech and others

Next up is a dedicated 30 cal can.. Which there are several options, titanium/stainless would be best suited for durability but will certainly be on the heavier side. Much lighter Aluminum cans exist but recommended for hunting or shooting 1-3 rounds max per minute. I plan on getting a shorter dedicated 556 can around 5 1/2-6” (saker 556k or Deadair sandman K) and then a nice titanium 30 cal can sometime next year.

My rimfire and omega 9k cans were both under $650, deals are out there.

Like this deal from Capitol Armory
    AAC 30 cal can for $399
    http://www.capitolarmory.com/advanced-armament-762-sdn-6-suppressor.html

I think I’ve even seen someone mention buying it for $349 elwhere ��

However to me price is never the direct decision when picking a can...length/weight, durability and warranty are the most important factors for something that will be in my safe for many years to come. Biggest hurdle for was deciding on trust or to forego and process as I individual (cheaper and about half the ATF wait time)

Last edited:

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    What would you recommend for a pistol can for say 9mm& 45acp, if it’s good for 22lr all the better

What would you recommend for a rifle can for say 300 bo and 556

Both user friendly and serviceable

I know so little and want to learn as much as possible as fast as possible

And thanks for the help

Everybody has their preferences. Swinokur's is pretty good. Here's mine minus the .22 since you've got that covered.

YHM- Phantom LT 762- for all rifle calibers up to .30 cal. I use it on some of my 5.56 but I also have a Surefire socom 556(which I'm not crazy about. The YHM is an outstanding can.

Surefire- Ryder Ti 9- I use this on my 9mms.This can is super light and very quiet! I don't have a can on my .45. I like it better loud.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014

A single suppressor I can use for my 9 mm pistol hosts, a 9 mm ar pistol, a 300 blackout ar, my 556 ar’s.

I have a bunch of old 45acp pistols and I could get a threaded barrel for one of them but it’s not really what I am looking for but if it’s reasonable I am ok with that

I want something rugged and by a company with good customer service if something goes wrong, like a baffle or end cap strike, and a company that will be around a long time

Sub $1800 with stamp but sub $1250 would be better cause I could get it a month sooner but if necessary more money could be gathered

I know this is a lot to ask but I am seriously asking for help from those with more experience at this than me and if this is too much to ask tell me what is possible for suppressing the above guns

Hopefully I haven’t asked for a unicorn

You know, you just started one of those threads, lol!

Still some pretty good deals here. I know it's a ride for you 44man.

https://www.mdshooters.com/showpost.php?p=5020274&postcount=153

Boss94

Ultimate Member
    Feb 15, 2013
    I did the AAC 7.62 SD for a .223 / 300 blackout/ 7.62 ×39 and .308.
    AAC Ti-rant 45M for 9 mm and .45 ( also have the tri lug adapter for it)
    Tactical solutions Axiom .22 for my .22 to 5.7×28 shooting. I have other cans . But I use these 3 the most.

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    I have a Silencerco Sparrow.22 for rimfire, a Silencerco Osprey .45 (will also work with 9mm & .45 by changing the piston), and a Silencerco Omega .30 caliber for my .308 Ruger Precision rifle and any of my 5.56 AR's. The Omega can be direct thread or attached to a quick mount brake or flash hider.
    No matter what you get, flexibility is the key.

rsideout

MDS Supporter
    Dec 11, 2009
    MD - Capital Region

AAC Cyclops in 50BMG. It can handle .22 to 45ACP in your pistols, and all of those rifles rounds. Only downsides are that has a very limited availability of threaded mounts, its a sealed can, over your budget, and it weighs almost 5 pounds. But it should last a long time. :D

woodline

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 8, 2017
    I agree on flexibility. That's why I bought a Surefire Ryder 22S and a Griffin Optimus . . . then a YHM Turbo, then a Mack Bros Vapor, then a Q Thunder Chicken, and then a Liberty Cosmic. The first two because I was just getting started in the suppressor games (used to have one at work but not anymore) and wanted flexibility. I was going to buy ONLY those while I was waiting for HPA to pass or fail. And then the slump sales started . . . Four more suppressors later, and 2018 should be a very quiet year.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mantis

Latest threads

Top Bottom