• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 54rndball

take to the hills
    Mar 16, 2013
    Catonsville
    Looking for the M45A1 and LW Commander in Gallery of Guns, these come up as “restricted” in MD. WTF! No 1911s permitted?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TheOriginalMexicanBob

Ultimate Member
    Jul 2, 2017
    Sun City West, AZ
    I have two M45A1 pistols and a Lightweight Commander...no problems in Maryland at all. The seller may have a blanket policy on not selling handguns in Maryland so they don't accidentally run afoul of the laws. CDNN has such a policy.

What I did do once for a limited edition pistol from CDNN is find a FFL elsewhere willing to take the transfer from CDNN and then transferred it to a Maryland dealer. It was a bit of a pain but I got the pistol I wanted...just took a little longer than otherwise.

54rndball

take to the hills
    Mar 16, 2013
    Catonsville
    I just did a search last night on “GOG” and both models came up as restricted. Good to know it was just a digital error. Thanks.

dist1646

Ultimate Member
    May 1, 2012
    Eldersburg
    Colt actually has a number of states that are listed as "restricted" in their advertisements. The Gallery of Guns may just be following what is listed by Colt, without taking the time to actually verify.

Jul 1, 2012
    I went through this same crisis when the decommissioned USMC guns came on the market...
    Colt in their infinite wisdom has several different markings and model numbers (and finish combinations) for the M45A1 which may cause some confusion.

The MD handgun roster now specifically lists 3 by model number, which should cover everything despite all the various/spurious markings and designations.

The first one on the MD list is the "***USMC O1070CQB" (commercial) which also has the designation of M1070CQBP (USMC issue), same exact pistol.
    This should also cover the model "O1070CQBP" with the USMC rollmark, which was a custom shop gun.
    The USMC rollmark was used up to about 6700EGA/7000EGA.

The other two models listed on the roster are the "M45A1 Close Quarter Battle Pistol O1070CQB, O1070M45".
    These have the later slide marking of "*** M45A1" after the USMC put an end to Colt using the first marking.
    Again, same gun (although the finish changed from Cerakote to IonBond somewhere around there).
    There's also a model O1070M45SF which was a special Talo edition; in all there's something like 10 models, and 20+ variations.

To make it more fun, the commercial Colt box label says "O1070CQB", etc and the stamp on the gun is actually "M1070CQBP".

It's confusing as hell.

Chances are you're not looking for/at one of the USMC-marked guns, they run $4-7k; anything a distributor has will be one of the current production, approved guns.
    But all models should be covered, just make sure to enter one of the "approved" model designations on the 77r :)

MDElite

Industry Partner
    Mar 16, 2011
    Looking for the M45A1 and LW Commander in Gallery of Guns, these come up as “restricted” in MD. WTF! No 1911s permitted?

We can place the gallery of guns order if needed.

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    PotomacRiver

Latest threads

Top Bottom