• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    hmmm. Now we're talking. Maybe I made the right decision after all.

If your lower is Glock mag it's plug and play. If Colt, there is a little work you need to do (file down the sides of the feed ramps, remove the ejector, and filed down the mag catch so the mags sit a little lower). Uses a standard AR BCG (modified a little for the RDB) and standard spring/H2 buffer. Much less reciprocating mass.

calicojack

American Sporting Rifle
    MDS Supporter
    May 29, 2018
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    If your lower is Glock mag it's plug and play. If Colt, there is a little work you need to do (file down the sides of the feed ramps, remove the ejector, and filed down the mag catch so the mags sit a little lower). Uses a standard AR BCG (modified a little for the RDB) and standard spring/H2 buffer. Much less reciprocating mass.

My lower is a Foxtrot Mike for Glock style mags. I read that the ejector needs to be removed. Even so ...

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    My lower is a Foxtrot Mike for Glock style mags. I read that the ejector needs to be removed. Even so ...

Yes, the ejector gets in the way of the BCG. Its simple to remove and reinstall. Will take you about 35 seconds with a punch. The a couple minutes if filing the mag catch. Nothing that can't be very easily and cheaply replaced. Then you don't have to fool with different buffer weights, springs etc. I went from running a .308 spring and 9 ounce buffer, to a JP captured spring. MUCH less recoil.

calicojack

American Sporting Rifle
    MDS Supporter
    May 29, 2018
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    Yes, the ejector gets in the way of the BCG. Its simple to remove and reinstall. Will take you about 35 seconds with a punch. The a couple minutes if filing the mag catch. Nothing that can't be very easily and cheaply replaced. Then you don't have to fool with different buffer weights, springs etc. I went from running a .308 spring and 9 ounce buffer, to a JP captured spring. MUCH less recoil.

All right then. Sounds like a plan.

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    Not a Carbine, but has anyone tried CAA's MCK as an alternative ?

A friend's is a jam-o-matic. When it's behaving, he can for sure quickly hit what he's shooting at, in a close quarters kinda way. Likes it because he can drop his service Glock in there and go. But he definitely would not risk his life on it behaving well. No real gain in longer range accuracy, most just that sureness that comes with a shoulder mount for when that helps. Until it contributes to a FTF, FTE, or some more exotic hang-up deep inside the unit's interior where the actual gun is hiding. So, meh for me, too. Could NOT be happier with the CZ micro in that role.

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    A friend's is a jam-o-matic. When it's behaving, he can for sure quickly hit what he's shooting at, in a close quarters kinda way. Likes it because he can drop his service Glock in there and go. But he definitely would not risk his life on it behaving well. No real gain in longer range accuracy, most just that sureness that comes with a shoulder mount for when that helps. Until it contributes to a FTF, FTE, or some more exotic hang-up deep inside the unit's interior where the actual gun is hiding. So, meh for me, too. Could NOT be happier with the CZ micro in that role.

QFT. He's been in my squad quite a bit and brings it to every match. Rarely gets through a stage without some sort of issue.

Does he slide the install lock forward like the guy in the video failed to do and gets a lock back with every shot?

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    Does he slide the install lock forward like the guy in the video failed to do and gets a lock back with every shot?

No, it seems to have more to do with how he mounts it (to his shoulder). Anything less than really pulling that thing into your shoulder seems to create all of the badness you'd normally expect from limp-wristing a shot.

Kharn

Ultimate Member
    Mar 9, 2008
    Hazzard County

Ohhhh, I never thought about using a 308 spring in my 9mm build. Were you using that with an extended buffer, the 13 quarters mod, or a standard length buffer?

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    Ohhhh, I never thought about using a 308 spring in my 9mm build. Were you using that with an extended buffer, the 13 quarters mod, or a standard length buffer?

I used a Tubbs .308 spring in a standard buffer tube with a Q9 heavy buffer.

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    I recently purchased the Taccom delayed blowback recoil system and their extreme short stroke bolt for use in my SC/USPSA QC10 Glock mag setup. I'll report back on what I think when the ranges reopen and I give it a test run.

calicojack

American Sporting Rifle
    MDS Supporter
    May 29, 2018
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    I's strange; a (e.g.) Glock 19 pistol is so light and handles 9mm as a blow back just fine. Pretty easy to charge the slide. But if I want a carbine, I need a big heavy ass bolt, buffer, and spring. And it's much harder to charge the rifle with that 308 spring. Needing all this extra bulk just seems counter intuitive to me, I mean given that a 9mm pistol is so relatively light.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Easydoesit

Latest threads

Top Bottom