Lighter "Suppressed Springs" for 10/22 Takedown?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JBinDC

Ultimate Member
    Aug 29, 2012
    MoCo - Silver Spring
    Hey All,

I'm runnning a much beloved Gemtech Mist on my 10/22 Takedown, however after 500+ rounds, I've yet to be able to run anything slower than CCI Standards through it and still cycle the bolt. I'm running a Kidd Charging Handle and using the stock bolt spring if that makes any difference. Wondering if anyone has tried reduced power springs to help cycle their suppressed 10/22, and if so, could you please share the maker/model # for what you've found has worked.

TIA! --JB

JBinDC

Ultimate Member
    Aug 29, 2012
    MoCo - Silver Spring

Whoa, pricey, but yeah, it makes sense a lighter bolt would alleviate the issues. Looks like the only issue would be, is if you use it, you can only shoot standard or sub ammo. That's all I shoot anyway outta this rig anyway, so maybe this is the way to go. Thanks for sharing.

22Plinkster YouTube review for reference.

JBinDC

Ultimate Member
    Aug 29, 2012
    MoCo - Silver Spring
    No problem with mine. Runs everything, subsonic may be a problem. The only mos I made was the bolt hold so I don't have to fiddle with the factory release.

Oh? So is this with a screw on can, or with a Gemtech Mist? and if it is a Mist, I'm curious as to whether you had an early run non-ported Mist, or the newer ones that are ported and can supposedly even run regular velocity ammo quietly. I have had one bud suggest that the ported ones somehow may cycle the bolt better than the updated Mist's. I have a very early run example. TIA --JB

molonlabe

Ultimate Member
    May 7, 2005
    Mountaineer Country, WV
    Oh? So is this with a screw on can, or with a Gemtech Mist? and if it is a Mist, I'm curious as to whether you had an early run non-ported Mist, or the newer ones that are ported and can supposedly even run regular velocity ammo quietly. I have had one bud suggest that the ported ones somehow may cycle the bolt better than the updated Mist's. I have a very early run example. TIA --JB

Obviously I overlooked to gemtech mist not knowing what it was.
    INTEGRALLY SUPPRESSED BARREL, in that case no. I needed to look it up. 500 bucks is not a bad investment. It looks like the lighter bolt may be the answer since you already have 1K into the project. Seems silly to have a suppressor only to run super sonic ammo through.

JBinDC

Ultimate Member
    Aug 29, 2012
    MoCo - Silver Spring
    Obviously I overlooked to gemtech mist not knowing what it was.
    INTEGRALLY SUPPRESSED BARREL, in that case no. I needed to look it up. 500 bucks is not a bad investment. It looks like the lighter bolt may be the answer since you already have 1K into the project. Seems silly to have a suppressor only to run super sonic ammo through.

Ah, OK, so that makes sense. What can are you running anyway? Shopping for a 22 Can for a pistol... Thanks for the reminder that I have $500 into this thing, but I tell ya, even with CCI Standards, almost the only noise it makes is bolt return noise. Crazy quiet. I just wish it ran more than just standard stuff to see how much more quiet it can run.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    LikeThatHendrix

Latest threads

Top Bottom