• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jeffie7

Ultimate Member
    Aug 14, 2015
    Loudoun County
    I know this could vary county to county but is there any webpage or document that list the different requirements to target shoot?

Main thing would be how many feet from x y z

I’m asking on behalf of someone looking to move to Warran, Clark, or maybe Prince Williams County.

jimbobborg

Oddball caliber fan
    Aug 2, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    That's a big NO in PWC. Even for hunting.

If I were looking, I'd pick up the Virginia Hunting regulations. That's got the info you're looking for.

jeffie7

Ultimate Member
    Aug 14, 2015
    Loudoun County
    That's a big NO in PWC. Even for hunting.

If I were looking, I'd pick up the Virginia Hunting regulations. That's got the info you're looking for.

I sent him the PDF of that. it showed every county but it didn't make clear if shooting on your property is ok or not.

I'm sure Manassas would be a big NO but out west I would be surprised if you can't.

The idea that Anne Arundel is ok with it but not Price Williams just seems odd.

rouchna

Defund the ATF
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 25, 2009
    Virginia
    I sent him the PDF of that. it showed every county but it didn't make clear if shooting on your property is ok or not.

I'm sure Manassas would be a big NO but out west I would be surprised if you can't.

The idea that Anne Arundel is ok with it but not Price Williams just seems odd.

I know for a fact Fauqier allows it. I occasionally shoot on private property in Catlett.

davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA
    verify, but loudoun should be ok no closer than 100yds to another occupied dwelling. obviously if your neighbor gives the ok, then their dwelling doesn't count. hypothetically, i shoot (very occasionally, just to check or get zero) from inside my garage (to capture more of the noise) to a natural backstop about 100yds away. my garage is just within 100yds of my closest neighbor but they're 180 degrees away on the other side of the house. and the backstop is >100 yds from anyone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom