• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kenziemack

Feb 23, 2018
    Baltimore, MD
    I recently inherited my father and great grandfather's gun collection (my great grandfathers things I am keeping). My father had a gun to protect us because when he worked as a transportation manager someone from a union threatened us. He shot it at a range once (I believe) then it stayed in his trunk until he didn't work anymore. Then it was in his closet in a Tupperware container...anyway...

I tried looking it up and it turns out there was a reason I had such a difficult time. Imagine my surprise when I eventually figured out what it was...I wish I could ask him more about how he chose this one vs. others. He did not own other guns. It is a 5 inch Colt Anaconda .44 Magnum...only 150 were made for some reason. I am getting a letter from Colt. So far they said this...
    Here’s the information we located on your Colt Anaconda Revolver.

"Serial number MM83252 - .44 Magnum/44 Special, 5” barrel, Stainless, Stocks not listed, Shipped to Jerry’s Sport Center, Inc., Route 171 –Main Street, Vandling, PA on September 27, 1995, 5 gun shipment."

I will get a letter soon. What does "Stocks not listed" mean? Is this really rare?

I know in a recent auction the gun sold for 10k. I am hoping to eventually auction it off too. Can I include the ammunition he had in it? Does anyone have any advice on auction sites or procedures? Any other advice with it?
    Thank you all!

Attachments

• 44 1.jpg
      44 1.jpg
      48.4 KB · Views: 1,744
    • 44 2.jpg
      44 2.jpg
      48.2 KB · Views: 1,203
    • 44 3.jpg
      44 3.jpg
      58.4 KB · Views: 1,222
    • 44 5.jpg
      44 5.jpg
      27 KB · Views: 1,207
    • 44 4.jpg
      44 4.jpg
      54.8 KB · Views: 1,283
    • 44 6.jpg
      44 6.jpg
      40.2 KB · Views: 1,233

TheOriginalMexicanBob

Ultimate Member
    Jul 2, 2017
    Sun City West, AZ
    "Stocks not listed" means one of two things...

1) It received no custom ordered stocks, which mean standard Colt/Pachmayr Grippers (which that has); or
    2) It was simply not noted that whatever type of stocks it received...could have been standard stocks or custom but no notation on the order.

Basically...what you see is not uncommon at all. The vast majority of the time it just means the revolver was shipped with standard stocks. The lack of specific stocks is more of a headache for someone that has a Colt with other than basic stocks such as Mother or Pearl or ivory. That means they can't verify it came with them and somewhat hurts its potential value.

BTW...nice revolver to have.

Kenziemack

Feb 23, 2018
    Baltimore, MD
    Thank you!

"Stocks not listed" means one of two things...

1) It received no custom ordered stocks, which mean standard Colt/Pachmayr Grippers (which that has); or
    2) It was simply not noted that whatever type of stocks it received...could have been standard stocks or custom but no notation on the order.

Basically...what you see is not uncommon at all. The vast majority of the time it just means the revolver was shipped with standard stocks. The lack of specific stocks is more of a headache for someone that has a Colt with other than basic stocks such as Mother or Pearl or ivory. That means they can't verify it came with them and somewhat hurts its potential value.

BTW...nice revolver to have.

rouchna

Defund the ATF
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 25, 2009
    Virginia
    That is beautiful. I can understand wanting to sell it for that kind of $$$ but if it were mine, I don't think I could let it go.

TheOriginalMexicanBob

Ultimate Member
    Jul 2, 2017
    Sun City West, AZ
    In an auction you're going to pay a hefty commission...as much as 30% or more, depending on the auction venue. I think you'll be better of deciding on what you feel a fair market value is (do some research first) and either advertising it here in the classifieds section, go the Colt Forum, become a member and get at least fifteen posts and then advertise it on their classified section, or place it on Guns International...no commission...just a flat fee to post it.

Auctions can amaze you or upset you on what anything can bring...plus you pay the commission either way.

Kenziemack

Feb 23, 2018
    Baltimore, MD
    Great advice, I had no idea. 30% is a huge commission. The Colt Forum sounds like a good idea, I will look into Guns International. :)

In an auction you're going to pay a hefty commission...as much as 30% or more, depending on the auction venue. I think you'll be better of deciding on what you feel a fair market value is (do some research first) and either advertising it here in the classifieds section, go the Colt Forum, become a member and get at least fifteen posts and then advertise it on their classified section, or place it on Guns International...no commission...just a flat fee to post it.

Auctions can amaze you or upset you on what anything can bring...plus you pay the commission either way.

Moyaone

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Sep 22, 2017
    Contact gymratz nutrition. Much more reasonable commission if you are interested in selling.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom