• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mdoffroad

Looking to Learn
    Aug 26, 2011
    Abingdon, MD
    I was looking at the new Savage B22 FV-SR, but a local shop has the (older Im guessing)MARK II FV-SR... and the price point rocks, but how competent of a rifle is this versus the newer B22, or a Ruger American Rimfire? Is it worth Going newer?

BennyB

Nov 1, 2013
    Chase, MD
    I don't have much to add but if you decide not to purchase the MARK II FV-SR , send me a pm and let me know what local shop has it. Ive been casually on the lookout for one.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    For the Mark II you WILL want an aftermarket stock. I understand the B22 has a much better stock on it. Figure $100 for a Boyd’s Tacticool.

dreadpirate

Ultimate Member
    Mar 7, 2010
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    For the Mark II you WILL want an aftermarket stock. I understand the B22 has a much better stock on it. Figure $100 for a Boyd’s Tacticool.

I'm happy with my laminate stock:

Attachments

• 20180225_151709.jpg
      20180225_151709.jpg
      101.6 KB · Views: 543

FrankOceanXray

Ultimate Member
    Oct 29, 2008
    I have the FVSRR, or thereabout letter combination (no tri rail, but threaded). I need to shoot it more. I have a Mueller scope on it and bi-pod. A fantastic gun. Always gives me a hoot shooting it. The threaded barrel will soon have something to mate with later this year; the joy it provides should dramatically increase.

Great gun. The trigger of the Savages are super; I bought another Savage since based on this experience. The stock-stock is a Boyd's Tacticool, or something VERY close to.

It looks something like this:

f573c2ed0af3cd0419f441ffe518eeb0.jpg

Other than the stock, I am not too sure what else has changed. If the price is right, you will not be dissatisfied with the "older".

Mdeng

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Nov 13, 2009
    Virginia
    I really like my Mark II fv-sr. My only complaint is the factory plastic stock that it came with. I replaced the stock almost immediately with a Boyd's tacti-cool stock.

It easily shoots 1/2 inch or better groups at 50 yards from a benchrest position. My preferred ammo for this gun is CCI standard velocity. I have been able to get 2 1/2 in groups at 100 yards.

The threaded barrel is an added bonus allowing me to easily mount my suppressor.

Attachments

• IMG_4654_zpscthmwrb8.jpg
      IMG_4654_zpscthmwrb8.jpg
      41.5 KB · Views: 204

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    J_Gunslinger

Latest threads