• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    First it was Helicopter Parents. Now it's Helicopter School Principals. God help us... :sad20:

CrawfishStu

Creeper
    Dec 4, 2006
    Crofton

Attachments

• 9MM-BBR.jpg
      9MM-BBR.jpg
      70.4 KB · Views: 187

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    So "Out of abundance of caution" and a deficit of common sense they went all ape sh1t over training rounds. Stunning... God help us if anything actually dangerous was to be found.

This is a symptom of a "Nanny State" where everyone is terrified by literally everything, 'cuz the gummint is the only thing that can take care of us. We are doomed.

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    So "Out of abundance of caution" and a deficit of common sense they went all ape sh1t over training rounds. Stunning... God help us if anything actually dangerous was to be found.

This is a symptom of a "Nanny State" where everyone is terrified by literally everything, 'cuz the gummint is the only thing that can take care of us. We are doomed.

I don't see where they went overboard with the letter that was sent home. Some type of ammo was found on school grounds. Police were called and it was determined that they were "dummy" round.

It's easy to Monday morning QB this situation. The average person wouldn't know what one of these rounds look like, to them it looks like real ammunition. Some of you want the school systems to have a crystal ball. After a school shooting, you wanted the school to have notified the community of someone acting strange. Now, when they notify the community of something strange, you accuse them of being a "Nanny State". Well which is it?

CrawfishStu

Creeper
    Dec 4, 2006
    Crofton
    I don't feel that they went overboard at all. It seems like the schools and the police figured out a reasonable explanation quickly. I do feel that the letter and follow-through was a bit lacking. It was just vague enough that when similar incidences came out at other schools, I was concerned and would have liked to know that it was resolved and not ignored.

ironpony

MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Davidsonville
    I received this from our community leader. AACO PD sends this out and inside it states "No guns in our schools" and "Avoid/Deny/Defend"? and then just national news stories about gun violence. Seems as though the AACO Police Department does not want to carry their firearms into schools? I think that is what "No Guns" would mean.
    I read this hoping it would have the OPs story and a helpful explanation. It seems the County PD is very anti-gun having sent this out. Sorry if this is off topic.

Attachments

• GUARDIAN NEWSLETTER - SEPTEMBER 21, 2018.pdf
      1.7 MB · Views: 134

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    I received this from our community leader. AACO PD sends this out and inside it states "No guns in our schools" and "Avoid/Deny/Defend"? and then just national news stories about gun violence. Seems as though the AACO Police Department does not want to carry their firearms into schools? I think that is what "No Guns" would mean.
    I read this hoping it would have the OPs story and a helpful explanation. It seems the County PD is very anti-gun having sent this out. Sorry if this is off topic.

I wonder why there's no dates associated with those reports of violence throughout the country? Could it be that this is what's happened in the last week, last month, last year or who knows how long.

I'm just saying.....

ironpony

MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Davidsonville
    I wonder why there's no dates associated with those reports of violence throughout the country? Could it be that this is what's happened in the last week, last month, last year or who knows how long.

I'm just saying.....

Yup, seemed like propaganda to me. Especially since community leader has Dem signs in his yard. Had Hillary signs in the past.

The message I see is that the Police Department wants "no" guns in schools.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom