Monarch 5.45 - 20rds for $4.49. Free shipping over $25.

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ziptiespec

Monarch 5.45 - 20rds for $4.49. Free shipping over $25.

https://www.academy.com/shop/pdp/monarch-545-x-39mm-60-grain-centerfire-rifle-ammunition

Not a terrible price. $0.23 CPR if you buy enough to get free shipping. Edges out the cheapest 5.45 on ammoseek by a couple of pennies.

Nothing beats the $3.99/30rd box of Red Army 5.45 that Mills Fleet Farm had in the spring. I think that was $0.16 CPR.

woodline

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 8, 2017
    Good time to stock up on 5.45 ammo. PSA is releasing multiple SKUs of 5.45 AKs this year. They also have 5.56, .300 BLK, and 6.5 grendel SKUs coming out. That gives MD AK fans a lot more variety that should avoid the copycat ban hammer.

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    Good time to stock up on 5.45 ammo. PSA is releasing multiple SKUs of 5.45 AKs this year. They also have 5.56, .300 BLK, and 6.5 grendel SKUs coming out. That gives MD AK fans a lot more variety that should avoid the copycat ban hammer.

A 6.5 Grendel AK would be really interesting. An affordable MD legal 5.45 AK would be awesome. All the others seem to run close to $1k

woodline

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 8, 2017
    A 6.5 Grendel AK would be really interesting. An affordable MD legal 5.45 AK would be awesome. All the others seem to run close to $1k
    A 6.5 Grendel AK is really compelling since the bolt face should have the meat to handle it.

If you happen to see a 5.45 AK in stores, particularly an Arsenal one NIB for $1000ish, do yourself a favor and buy it. Take pictures, flip on GunBroker, profit! I feel bad shooting my SLR104FR ever since they started selling for $1900-$3000 on the secondary market. I assume they will drop in price once other 5.45 options are back on the market, because they aren't worth it.

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    A 6.5 Grendel AK is really compelling since the bolt face should have the meat to handle it.

If you happen to see a 5.45 AK in stores, particularly an Arsenal one NIB for $1000ish, do yourself a favor and buy it. Take pictures, flip on GunBroker, profit! I feel bad shooting my SLR104FR ever since they started selling for $1900-$3000 on the secondary market. I assume they will drop in price once other 5.45 options are back on the market, because they aren't worth it.

Aw man, I didn’t realize they were going for that much now!

I assume a really, really nice AK-74 or 47 is worth north of $1000, but I have a hard time conceptualizing paying that much for one. I know the days of $300-400 kit AKs are kind of passed, but to me between functional accuracy, design tolerance, what have you I just don’t think I could bring myself to pay more than about $600 or so for one. Which is also why I’ve had a hard time buying a Cz58/2008. Different enough and in some ways superior, but it still feels so much like an AK I just have a hard tome summoning up the will to spend that much for one.

MD banning AK-47s of course makes this a near impossible task. At least in other states you CAN drop $500 on an AK still if you look for a bit. Our options are very constrained.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom