• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    I would but it's already somewhere else. Plus my LGS said since it was consignment the original owner would have to pay all the repair costs since they gave them a faulty rifle to sell so I would have no out of pocket expense. Guess that's one good thing..

Yeah that is one positive going for you at this point, hopefully they don't try to make you eat the bill (or a portion of it) later on down the road.

*This is also a good time to say to all the people of MDS (not directed at the OP in any way), when a person as knowledgeable and skilled as Chad makes an offer to get your stuff up and running - make the time and drive to let him do it. The guys like Yoda in a gunsmith apron when it comes to this stuff.

And yes, I've gladly made a 140+ mile drive just to get Chad to work on some of my stuff when the offer was presented to me - it was worth every penny of fuel consumed.

ObsceneJesster

Ultimate Member
    Jan 31, 2011
    Yeah that is one positive going for you at this point, hopefully they don't try to make you eat the bill (or a portion of it) later on down the road.

*This is also a good time to say to all the people of MDS (not directed at the OP in any way), when a person as knowledgeable and skilled as Chad makes an offer to get your stuff up and running - make the time and drive to let him do it. The guys like Yoda in a gunsmith apron when it comes to this stuff.

And yes, I've gladly made a 140+ mile drive just to get Chad to work on some of my stuff when the offer was presented to me - it was worth every penny of fuel consumed.

Damn. And I thought my 30 mile drive was far.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    Damn. And I thought my 30 mile drive was far.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk

70+ miles each way. Country living has some trade-offs.

It's easier during the week since I work about 10 minutes away (depending on traffic conditions).

omegaZ87

Apr 26, 2013
    Maryland

Lesson Learned!

Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    Never heard of someone having to compensate you on a consignment, most are "as is" unless it was explicitely represented as functioning by the owner with some written guarantee to that affect.

By the way Chad is awesome, he does fantastic work and backs it up.

omegaZ87

Apr 26, 2013
    Maryland
    Never heard of someone having to compensate you on a consignment, most are "as is" unless it was explicitely represented as functioning by the owner with some written guarantee to that affect.

By the way Chad is awesome, he does fantastic work and backs it up.

I guess the LGS I go to makes the person putting a gun on consignment agree that he will pay for repairs if the firearm does not function upon purchase. No one wants to buy a broken gun.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom