• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • joppaj

Sheepdog
    Staff member
    Apr 11, 2008
    MD
    mdshooters.com group lunch at Andy Nelson's?

hkusp

Dec 9, 2008
    Lanham
    So you guys have definitely convinced me to make the trek from Lanham up to Gun Connection to conduct a transfer and possibly add a new member to the family. :)

3rdRcn

RIP
    Industry Partner
    Sep 9, 2007
    Harford County
    I have only been in GC a few times to look around and make small accessory purchases til yesterday. Dan took the time to take apart a handgun of mine to find out why I was having problems with it. He had several other customers come in, we were all treated great.From what I have seen Dan and Ron go above on the customer service end of business.

I can't believe you trusted him to take that gun apart, you aren't planning on getting it back working are you?:D

alucard0822

For great Justice
    Oct 29, 2007
    PA
    So you guys have definitely convinced me to make the trek from Lanham up to Gun Connection to conduct a transfer and possibly add a new member to the family. :)

You will be happy with them, Dan is good people. Quite a few members hang out there on a regular basis, and at any given time there may be a hundred years worth of shooting experience eating at the counter:D

and welcome to MD shooters:beer:

Now you know anything like that needs to be coordinated through 3rdRcn. :D

Hells yes, The office is right down the road from there, I went to Andy's, and the Corner stable regularly, but I have been working from home for the past few months, and have been missing some good ol southern BBQ. That would indeed be a decent little get together. If we can work out some day that a few of us are off, a trip to Continental and lunch at Andy's would definitely be cool.

This is the menu for anyone who has never been there
    http://www.andynelsonsbbq.com/menu/

and the corner stable too
    http://www.cornerstable.com/content/our-menu-1005.cfm

smokey

2A TEACHER
    Jan 31, 2008
    just whatever you do don't deal with rob(no not the big older one, the attractive younger one...about 23 5'8'' 180 lbs brown hair and eyes...turns women into putty in his hands with a mere smile) at basspro if he happens to be working his one or two days a month while he's teaching. that guy's a jerk.
    i asked for a good cheap handgun to use for home defense and target shooting. another guy behind the counter explained i needed a $1200 1911 because 45's "will knock you of your feet backwards whereas a 9mm will just punch a small hole and wont penetrate very well". that jerk rob tried selling me a cheaper fnp-9, sr-9 or glock/xd/m&p if i wanted to spend more...in 9mm!! he even suggested that with modern ammo 9mm was pretty comparable to 45 with more capacity and way cheaper to practice with. next he suggested i check out mdshooters.com and look into the training course on-target or continental offers informing me that they rent pistols so i could see which one felt the best before making a purchase...what a dick.

anyway my point is businesses consist of people. i haven't had a problem getting a gun from any place i've bought from because i understand the frustrations of dealing with customer after customer who all feel like they've waited too long while trying to keep irresponsible people away from display guns and looking out for straw purchases, secret shoppers, cadets trying to sneak a purchase of handgun ammo or any other traps we have in the industry. it's the store's responsibility to hire competent people. the people working have the responsibility of giving each customer a fresh mannerly start and being a knowledgable advocate for the shooting community. the customer doesnt really have a responsibility because,as others said, the customer wont go out of business. of course if you facilitate your transaction by knowing what you want, being polite and clear with the salesman the overall experience will be much more pleasant.
    so for me i buy from basspro for my prodeal discount, continental whenever possible(i've never been treated poorly by 90% of the staff..one's kind've a dick so i don't voluntarily deal with him). i want to get over to buy from dan when financially possible because he's active on the site and alucard's word is truth for me. basically unless there's a big financial incentive(only my discount.50 bucks here or there isnt a big financial incentive) i buy from small gunshops because if i and others dont they go bye bye.
    in the words of forest gump...and that's all i have to say about tha'at

smokey

2A TEACHER
    Jan 31, 2008
    Hells yes, The office is right down the road from there, I went to Andy's, and the Corner stable regularly, but I have been working from home for the past few months, and have been missing some good ol southern BBQ. That would indeed be a decent little get together. If we can work out some day that a few of us are off, a trip to Continental and lunch at Andy's would definitely be cool.

This is the menu for anyone who has never been there
    http://www.andynelsonsbbq.com/menu/

and the corner stable too
    http://www.cornerstable.com/content/our-menu-1005.cfm

if only one of us had an apt like 2 miles from continental..oh wait! beers and football whenever it's convenient for everyone hells yes!

JeepDriver

Self confessed gun snob
    Aug 28, 2006
    White Marsh
    continental whenever possible(i've never been treated poorly by 90% of the staff..one's kind've a dick so i don't voluntarily deal with him).

I know, I need to work on my customer realations skills. I'll try and be nicer next time I see you :D

Rattlesnake46319

Curmidget
    Apr 1, 2008
    Jefferson County, MO
    just whatever you do don't deal with rob(no not the big older one, the attractive younger one...about 23 5'8'' 180 lbs brown hair and eyes...turns women into putty in his hands with a mere smile) at basspro if he happens to be working his one or two days a month while he's teaching. that guy's a jerk.

You've dealt with him too? Alucard warned me about what a jerk he was! :D

bean93x

JamBandGalore
    Mar 27, 2008
    WV
    I buy all my guns and accessories at Scott's in Glen Burnie .......why?.....because they know me well and I like the people there.

Yeah, I could shop at other gun stores but I like to shop where people know me and I'm treated well, that's why Scott's gets all of my gun business.

i agree.

while there are other shops in the area, if you frequent a shop and spend your money there, they start to remember you and treat you better than an average wonderer.
    thats how my local shop is towards me and my mom.

i didn't even ask about it and was just browsing and the owner of the shop knew what i was looking for and told me the situation. ( concerning my 1911 and not being able to find one so i'll have to wait a couple months).

they even go through the extra trouble with my mom when shes trying to figure out what she wants next by letting her pop off some rounds on their dime. then giving her a courtesy box of ammo with her gun purchase. just the little things make a world of difference. especially attitude towards the customer. that what keeps us going back, they always take care of us.

Johnny Utah

Jul 23, 2008
    I've received both great and extremely poor customer service from Continental. The younger guys like Chad and Andy have been very cool with me. There is an older gentlemen with glasses (who wears a baseball cap, I do not know his name) who I have seen the past couple of times who has been exceptionally rude to me. Continental's prices are a little higher than some of the other places I deal with and it makes it hard to continually buy from them, although I have bought two firearms.

Bel Air Gun and Pawn....my god. Never, ever....again.

The Gun Shop down on Eastern Avenue has been hit or miss as well. Sometimes I think they see me as some young punk because I don't want a M29 or a bolt action rifle. I have bought from there before. They have good prices on most stuff.

I could walk to Gun Connection from my house. I live behind them. They have good service as well.

julyccc

Sep 4, 2008
    Howard County, MD
    I've received both great and extremely poor customer service from Continental. The younger guys like Chad and Andy have been very cool with me. There is an older gentlemen with glasses (who wears a baseball cap, I do not know his name) who I have seen the past couple of times who has been exceptionally rude to me.

I only went there once when On Target was doing renovation. I think the same guy helped me also. I don't know if I would call him rude but he was pretty stiff and not very friendly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom