• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • wabbit

Ultimate Member
    Apr 29, 2010
    As I said in my first post. :thumbsup: I probably will never go in there again. I never say never though. Maybe I'm just weak...

I am able to say never. I will never buy anything at Dicks again. They sell nothing that I can't find at other stores or online for less.

Bikebreath

R.I.P.
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 30, 2009
    in the bowels of Baltimore
    That's all well and good.

Rhetorical question; You are in a position where you need to 'exercise' your 2A rights and you are missing that one little thing, that one little thing that is standing in your way of exercising this right. Time is short. Very short. Dick's is your only savior. What will you do?

Do you bite the bullet and slink on into Dick's and get that one thing? Or do you allow Dick's to stand in your way(by your own hand) and fail? Would it not make sense to use Dick's to continue the mission(exactly what they are opposed of your doing)? It's like finding yourself on the battle field, out of ammo, with plenty of enemy guns lying about, fight still raging. What would you do now?

Life is never black and white. We live in an imperfect world. I never say never.

Put away the popcorn. I know what rhetorical means.

I believe in not cutting off my nose to spite my face. I never said I would never shop at Cock’s, just making an observation on the owner twice in that link said he was a 2A supporter and then used the word “but”. He can’t have it both ways.

As to ever going into Cock’s again, there isn’t one close to me, so it’ll be easy for me to avoid.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Put away the popcorn. I know what rhetorical means.

I believe in not cutting off my nose to spite my face. I never said I would never shop at Cock’s, just making an observation on the owner twice in that link said he was a 2A supporter and then used the word “but”. He can’t have it both ways.

As to ever going into Cock’s again, there isn’t one close to me, so it’ll be easy for me to avoid.

I appreciate your honesty.

ccarson

I'm old school
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 28, 2013
    Montgomery County
    My wife and daughter wanted to go shoe shopping, a Dick's right next door. My wife says " If you want to go buy ammo in Dick's we will meet you there" Love that woman
    I went in the shoe store....it was the right thing to do

Uncle Duke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 2, 2013
    Not Far Enough from the City
    I've never thought of Dick's as much of a firearms store. I do consider Dick's a go to box store for golf.

Where you have crossover guys, and especially where you have big dollars being spent for corporate sponsored customer appreciation golf tournament prizes and the like? There's a whole lot more than a little of that going on every year, and hopefully Dick's finds some of this business going elsewhere as well.

Moon

M-O-O-N, that spells...
    Jan 4, 2013
    In Orbit
    I've never thought of Dick's as much of a firearms store. I do consider Dick's a go to box store for golf.

Where you have crossover guys, and especially where you have big dollars being spent for corporate sponsored customer appreciation golf tournament prizes and the like? There's a whole lot more than a little of that going on every year, and hopefully Dick's finds some of this business going elsewhere as well.

I have been going to Golf Galaxy (owned by Dick's) for years. They also bought Golfsmith. Luckily, I have clubs, and do not need to buy them very often. I'll get my golf balls somewhere else.

pilot25

Ultimate Member
    Jul 13, 2016

Remember Golf Galaxy and Dick's are under the same umbrella.

STeveZ

Thank you, Abelard
    Sep 22, 2011
    Aberdeen, MD
    The only reason I ever bought anything there recently was because I needed it now and they had it. Their prices are pretty much the highest you can find. They prey on families getting geared up for kid's sports in my opinion. I always resented getting raked over the coals for athletic gear, and even more so having to provide my name and address when buying ammo. Additionally, checking out is typically a big PITA and every time I've bought a license there its been a royal clusterf***. I am very much done w/ Dick's, they can give away Gun Clubs and I won't darken their door.

slsc98

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    May 24, 2012
    Escaped MD-stan to WNC Smokies
    Went to Dick's yesterday so daughter could try on soccer goalie gloves then went home and ordered them from a different retailer - just wanted to "Thank" Dick's for their assistance in getting the correct merchandise from a different retailer!

^^^Gonna “steal” (borrow?) this idea. Golden!^^^ :thumbsup:

Cancelled my rewards card Day 1. I can say never. Stand for something or fall for anything

Don’t know why this had not yet occurred to me. Facepalm. On tomorrow’s “ToDo” list (Thank ye, much).

KJackson

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 3, 2017
    Carroll County
    I have a question for the people here. My 13 year old likes the sportswear that they carry by brands such as Nike and Under Armor. Anyone know of any other stores in the Carroll County area that carry these for girls? The selection at Kohls pretty much sucks.

Uncle Duke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 2, 2013
    Not Far Enough from the City
    I have a question for the people here. My 13 year old likes the sportswear that they carry by brands such as Nike and Under Armor. Anyone know of any other stores in the Carroll County area that carry these for girls? The selection at Kohls pretty much sucks.

I have been going to Golf Galaxy (owned by Dick's) for years. They also bought Golfsmith. Luckily, I have clubs, and do not need to buy them very often. I'll get my golf balls somewhere else.

Remember Golf Galaxy and Dick's are under the same umbrella.

All of the above present some challenges. There is no doubt that Dick's has some significant reach in numerous areas of sporting goods.

KJackson, perhaps not ideal given locations, but I know for a fact that Cabelas carries UnderArmour women's sportswear. To my knowledge, they do not carry Nike.

MTerry and pilot25, you're indeed correct. I have a gift card from Dick's as I write this, one that states that it can also be used at Golf Galaxy as well. Was unaware that they now have Golfsmith also, but good to know.

I know of Duke's in Annapolis as a possible alternative. As course pro shops go, which are to more avid golfers every bit of what a good gun shop is to us as shooters, Briarwood in York PA. comes to mind for demo days and good selection and price. There are undoubtedly some others.

Let's keep alternative ideas coming. LOTS of valuable information to be had amongst the group here! Dick's presents challenges as a very big fish in a very small pond in a lot of areas, but they're no friend to us. No sense helping them where they can be avoided.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    I don't plan on going there ever again. I'd rather support a local business.

Unfortunately, they have chased most away. I drive 40 miles out of my way for all my archery gear. All my gun stuff, I get on line.

TexDefender

Ultimate Member
    Feb 28, 2017
    It was the last Saturday, my son was going to buy me a scraper tool for my AR-15 Bolt. Can you believe they are recalling stuff like that as well. I wonder if they are going to stop stocking .556 ammo as well? They have shot themselves in the foot so to speak, in my opinion. Silly they are and they will not be missed.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    It was the last Saturday, my son was going to buy me a scraper tool for my AR-15 Bolt. Can you believe they are recalling stuff like that as well. I wonder if they are going to stop stocking .556 ammo as well? They have shot themselves in the foot so to speak, in my opinion. Silly they are and they will not be missed.

On that note, don't scrape your AR bolts. That is all.

mickeyk9

Member Lives Matter
    Aug 18, 2011
    quantum spins
    I have not shopped at Dick's since cancelling my account. With 3 kids in 3-4 sports each, we have spent/do spend/will spend a lot of money on sports gear. but now, it's going to be small local shops and online.. won't support Dick's anymore.

alucard0822

For great Justice
    Oct 29, 2007
    PA
    They just opened a couple Field&Stream store around here, had a decent selection of modern arms and parts, prices were big-box high, but on sale they were decent, easy choice to drive to the 1/2 dozen gun shops and bass pro, all within a 20 minute drive from there.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    I will miss asking the cashiers there how they like working for dicks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Tactical Shepherd

Latest threads

Top Bottom