$1060 for CMP IHC Garand, is it worth it?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    Also is there any engraving on the other side of the receiver legs?

No, nothing on either leg as far as LEAD or whatever rebuild

Attachments

• 2C41E35B-18C4-4296-A9FA-41B57E87A0A4.jpg
      2C41E35B-18C4-4296-A9FA-41B57E87A0A4.jpg
      76.7 KB · Views: 412

firemanyz

MDS Supporter
    Apr 25, 2011
    Eastern Shore
    I believe your op rod is called an uncut op rod. As Threeband said anyone trying to correct a rifle would pay big bucks for an uncut op rod if they need it.

firemanyz

MDS Supporter
    Apr 25, 2011
    Eastern Shore
    I have yet to mail order a garand yet but have made three trips to the south store in the last ten months. Neat thing about mail order is it’s like the lottery. You never know what you are going to get. Also I think it’s great that CMP does not keep and auction all the valuable parts in their inventory. I just bought an M1D and it had a NM op rod on it. The coolest is I just scored a 5 diget SA rack grade that has not been reparked. It is in a dreaded hackberry stock but I’ll look for a usgi set for it down the road.

dreadpirate

Ultimate Member
    Mar 7, 2010
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    I made the statement earlier that I don't have enough room to collect Garands. Well looks like my son is taking a couple rifles off my hands this Summe. Soooo - time to think about another Garand. :) I see that IHC's are STILL available.

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    I made the statement earlier that I don't have enough room to collect Garands. Well looks like my son is taking a couple rifles off my hands this Summe. Soooo - time to think about another Garand. :) I see that IHC's are STILL available.

Good luck!

That’s actually the reason I might end up selling a gun or two. I am questioning if my kids will end up using the .410 I have and I just don’t know that I’ll use it for squirrel hunting and the 1898 sporterized gewehr I got I am wondering about. I like it, but it isn’t an original gewehr or a k98 in which case I’d part with it over my dead body.

And I’d really like another Garand in my safe...

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    I am one safe away from a trial seperation :sad20:

As long as you have room on a wall, you don't enough safes. At one point, I was ready to convert 1 room in my house to a safe room. I have since sold a few firearms and don't think I'll need to do this. I actually have some spare room in 1 of my safes now.

But I was to the point of shopping for a contractor to do the work.

Qbeam

Ultimate Member
    Apr 16, 2008
    Georgia
    Mine came out of OH. Had a new stock with a nice dent on the buttstock. Overall, beautiful for a service grade.

Q

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    SparkyKoT

Latest threads

Top Bottom