• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • wilcam47

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2008
    Changed zip code
    Have you tried a fly rod on them yet?

not yet...I bet thats a blast...Ive been trying a couple different spinners/crank baits to no avail as of yet. I havent tried much though since the dead bait has been working for me so far.

One I caught sat got tangled in my other line and man talk about a mess...i just started cutting line it was much easier than trying to untie the birds nest it made...:lol2:

wilcam47

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2008
    Changed zip code
    Well I'm finally in the lead...Last week I caught my biggest pike to date. It was 12lb 2 oz....I didnt get to measure it but it was over 30inches long no doubt.

Ive been taking my neighbors to my fishing spot and his first pike was 8lb3oz:sad20::lol2: and yesterday his wife caught her first pike a 4lb13oz'r not a bad start for them.

Racer Doug14

Thread killer
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Feb 22, 2013
    Millers Maryland
    I fish for them up North. Michigan, the lower part. In laws have a cabin on the Platte river. We'll catch minnows then hit Loon lake for Pike. Been getting harder to get them since ice fishing is more popular up there now. They are a very good eating fish when fileted correctly.

Beware of Dog
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 16, 2013
    AA Co
    We fish for them up in Canada when I make my annual trek North to the lakes. We mainly fish for eyes and smallies, but we also throw some $$ in the pot for the biggest fish and the Northerns will usually take that pot over the eyes, though the eyes are easier to deal with for eating.

That said, my adopted Mom up there always puts in a request early on for some Northerns so she can make her delectable Pickled Pike while we're there. It's freakin awesome!! :party29:

acwatkins

Aug 29, 2013
    Glen Burnie
    I'm very jealous of your catches! I'm hoping I can link into one this year. I know they're in the reservoirs I fish, just haven't specifically targeted them or gotten lucky.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pbharvey

Habitual Testifier
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    From yesterday's DNR fishing report
    http://dnr.maryland.gov/fisheries/fishingreport/index.asp
    26959527392_4536b99ef9_d.jpg

yanked out of Tridelphia

pbharvey

Habitual Testifier
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    That's a beast! Would be a hell of a fight in my kayak

We just started Kayak fishing this year and I had a nice bass pull me around while stripping out line a few weeks ago. I couldn't believe how much fun it was.

acwatkins

Aug 29, 2013
    Glen Burnie
    We just started Kayak fishing this year and I had a nice bass pull me around while stripping out line a few weeks ago. I couldn't believe how much fun it was.

It's awesome! Biggest I've got on the yak was a 5lber this Easter. It was a good fight. I can't wait to get some rockfish on it this year.

Lou45

R.I.P.
    Jun 29, 2010
    Carroll County

wilcam47

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2008
    Changed zip code
    been a slow start this year, My wife has caught the only pike so far. 7lb8oz about 2 weeks ago. It should pick up soon, I thought I posted last years big ones but apparently I didnt. I got my best a 14lb4oz and a 13lb'r I caught a bunch on a spoon last season. Its a matter of time before they really start biting...

Racer Doug14

Thread killer
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Feb 22, 2013
    Millers Maryland
    been a slow start this year, My wife has caught the only pike so far. 7lb8oz about 2 weeks ago. It should pick up soon, I thought I posted last years big ones but apparently I didnt. I got my best a 14lb4oz and a 13lb'r I caught a bunch on a spoon last season. Its a matter of time before they really start biting...

Do you do a length measurement on them? Thats what makes them keepers. I like that, please? Gives me a frame of reference. I know bass the weight is the important measure.

wilcam47

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2008
    Changed zip code
    Do you do a length measurement on them? Thats what makes them keepers. I like that, please? Gives me a frame of reference. I know bass the weight is the important measure.

I try to do both but sometimes it doesnt work out...:lol2: the 13 and 14lb'r were 37" exactly the 6&7lbrs are around 27-28" Ive caught a couple under 2lbs so far this year but I didnt get a measurement, caught a 3lbr and wife caught a 4lb'r and they were around 24" I didnt get a measurement :( Ive got to remind myself to do both!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom