• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • EKing

NRA Benefactor
    Aug 12, 2016
    Sykesville
    can you buy stuff there or is just for looking?

It's like the NRA Annual Meetings with the guns; most of the major manufacturers will have their guns to see and handle but not for sale. The smaller gun manufacturers will take orders but still you cannot walk out with the gun.
    Not sure about all the archery stuff, but man there's a lot. Last year if I remember correctly, there were 2 gymnasium sized rooms just for archery.
    There was a massive area for ATV/UTV/campers/boats/you name it.
    So many vendors selling everything and anything related to outdoor activities that it's dizzying.

Wear good shoes because the PA farm complex is huge and spread out and it takes a while just to walk around and see everything.

alucard0822

For great Justice
    Oct 29, 2007
    PA
    Can't wait, awesome show. The gun manufacturers don't sell guns, but you can handle their stuff and pick a wishlist, plenty of vendors too for other stuff. Last year bought a couple thousand Xtreme bullets for almost 1/2 the normal price, Magpul has most of their stuff there too, lots of parts, ammo, tools etc. The show is amazingly huge

Cuttyfunk

Dec 17, 2015
    I haven't been since NRA fool it over. Planning to go this year and will be excited to see the changes. Friend are planning a duck hunt in Canada we are thinking this show should be a great chance to meet outfitters.

ohen cepel

Ultimate Member
    Feb 2, 2011
    Where they send me.
    Went last year for the first time. It is LARGE. Not a gun show though so if that is what you want you may not be happy. Great place if you ever thought about going on a guided hunt; there will be guides there from all over the world!

You can buy things there but no firearms.

I want to go back but think I will wait a year. Brother and I spent the night and made a weekend of it. Very hard to see it all in a day.

Texas

Villiage Idiot
    Nov 16, 2016
    Accokeek
    One of my Drill Sergeants lives in Harrisburg. I already set a time up to go hand out and then hit the show with him the next day. Will be the first time seeing him since he was my platoon sergeant during my first deployment to Bosnia. I guess we have known each other for more than 26 years.

Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD
    Love that show. Got on the Concealed Carry Association simulator for some fun. Big Game Guide expo is awesome. They give out lots of trade show chozkees. You see stuff that gives you IDEAS. Going again if I am not sidetracked.

Mr. Ed

This IS my Happy Face
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2009
    Edgewater
    I plan to go, too. Kinda bummed that Cold Steel isn't listed as an exhibitor in this year's show. I've picked up a lot of toys from them in years past.

Definitely go on a weekday. :thumbsup:

BigSteve57

Ultimate Member
    Feb 14, 2011
    We're going! We plan to talk to Southeastern feral hog and Western Elk/Antelope hunting outfitters.
    I also plan to look at optics as I have FIVE rifles that need optics. I just may be dropping a pile at EuroOptic.

We also like to stop by and say hi to the African Safari outfitter (Eitaalo) that we used.
    What a trip that was.

We stay a couple of nights in downtown Harrisburg as the big hotels have free shuttles to & from the show.

I hope it doesn't snow like it did one year.

Overboost44

6th gear
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 10, 2013
    Kent Island
    We're going! We plan to talk to Southeastern feral hog and Western Elk/Antelope hunting outfitters.
    I also plan to look at optics as I have FIVE rifles that need optics. I just may be dropping a pile at EuroOptic.

We also like to stop by and say hi to the African Safari outfitter (Eitaalo) that we used.
    What a trip that was.

We stay a couple of nights in downtown Harrisburg as the big hotels have free shuttles to & from the show.

I hope it doesn't snow like it did one year.

I remember the snow storm 2 years ago. It snowed like 6" while we went in to eat dinner in Catonsville on the way home. those that left Harrisburg later than we did must have had a real mess.

I will be there for the 3rd year in a row. Going up Thursday evening until Saturday evening. May make a side trip to Hamburg on the way up. Friday last year was not too crowded, but Saturday was. My suggestion is that if you have to go toward the weekend, see as much as you can on Friday and note the places you need to see on Saturday so you can just go to them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom