• Maryland DINO movement

• Total voters
    • Poll closed .

K31

"Part of that Ultra MAGA Crowd"
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2006
    AA county
    Straight up republicans have held on to rural seats, elected 2 governors, and increased their numbers in the house and senate.

Probably voted for by the same people who are DINOs.

State and national support (money, polling, groundwork by volunteers) is decided upon based on registration. If you register DINO you draw funds and time from an organization that has proven results.

If you mean I draw money from Democrat party you are 100% correct.

DINOs still can give money to whatever party they want.

I haven't seen the GOP throwing a lot of money Maryland's way in any case.

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    Straight up republicans have held on to rural seats, elected 2 governors, and increased their numbers in the house and senate. State and national support (money, polling, groundwork by volunteers) is decided upon based on registration. If you register DINO you draw funds and time from an organization that has proven results.

The dino theory that there are "good" democrats that are going to sway the tide or somehow scare the true left wing has never been outlined as to how this would work. You guys say, if we do this then that will happen, but when?where? If you unseat one of your bogeymen, the person who takes their place will be worse in almost every instance. When you elect a "good" democrat you give the far left wing (who controls MD) judicial appointments. Honestly, I think you are not only shooting yourselves in the foot, you are shooting every conservative and every supporter of the 2nd amendment in the foot.

I'm not here to just rain on your thread, I hate to see registration taken from an organization that has proven results in the bluest of blue MD.

The entire PG County Republican Party could meet in a booth at McDonald's. C'mon...

JPG

Ultimate Member
    Aug 5, 2012
    Calvert County
    Hope the Dino's don't trying running for office in the future (as Republican). People will say he was a democrat then changed to republican when it suited him/her.:lol2:

robmints

Ultimate Member
    Jan 20, 2011
    Probably voted for by the same people who are DINOs.

If you mean I draw money from Democrat party you are 100% correct.

DINOs still can give money to whatever party they want.

I haven't seen the GOP throwing a lot of money Maryland's way in any case.

You don't draw money from the dem party. You elect democrats. They are anti 2a by definition. If everything worked out perfectly for you, you vote out powerful high ranking democrats like klausmeir, zirkin, (some think miller) and move into those power positions mazur, gladden, raskin, mcfadden. WTF .Gerrymandering??? Yea the best way to stop that is to get people who are conservative to register republican so they have no advantageous place to draw a line. You think getting a few hundred people to dino and hide among the enemy is going to change a district. If that's your logic, I don't follow. If all a district has is dems and dinos (which look like all dems to the party) why would The republican party throw money at that? Yes, jennings, szlega, grammer get some support, they have some registration numbers. The guys in dundalk are going to get some support, they turned out votes. It's not all about money either. The party and organization can provide more than money, or other information and support besides money, or both.

I can show republican results. What do you have?

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    I stood outside the Timonium gun show several years ago wearing a hunter orange, DINO, t-shirt.

Tried explaining DINO to folks and was handing out flyers.

99% of the people I spoke with either couldn't or refused to comprehend what I was saying.

I could have coated a million donuts with the amount of glaze that covered their eyes.

If you can't get folks to listen about their gun rights at a gun show, I don't know how to get folks to listen.

Exactly why it is more utter nonsense. DINO :lol2::sad20:

robmints

Ultimate Member
    Jan 20, 2011
    The entire PG County Republican Party could meet in a booth at McDonald's. C'mon...

Get the r's and all the dino's together and you might have enough for a pick up 1/2 court game, you mean? C'mon.

Ok, so you have district in mind? A particular candidate? A positive outcome if you do pull it off? Have your organized group, before the primary change their affiliation to democrat so you can accomplish what you want to do. But from what I have seen, heard, had explained, and begged again for a real world possible reality, there is no plan for any accomplishment.

robmints

Ultimate Member
    Jan 20, 2011
    OMG I'm turning into the lone ranger!!! Sorry guys. I'll try and stop. Dino without a definable goal just seems so self destructive.

robmints

Ultimate Member
    Jan 20, 2011
    Remember... DiNO was never intended to "put Ds in office", but rather is an effort to unseat incumbents in the primary with unelectable opponents, to benefit Conservative options in the general.

Hoo?, said the owl. Why be dino, without a who? Just to discourage future people like Hogan, Bongino, Szlega from running statewide?

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    Remember... DiNO was never intended to "put Ds in office", but rather is an effort to unseat incumbents in the primary with unelectable opponents, to benefit Conservative options in the general.

Yep, it has worked very well :lol2:

K31

MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2006
    AA county
    You don't draw money from the dem party.

Really? Gee, I guess all that Democrat literature and phone calls must have been for someone else? Oh yeah, and skewing their polling data? I do that too.

You elect democrats.

Huh? I don't remember voting for a Democrat in the General election which is the only one that counts, but that doesn't fit in with your diversion does it?

They are anti 2a by definition. If everything worked out perfectly for you, you vote out powerful high ranking democrats like klausmeir, zirkin, (some think miller) and move into those power positions mazur, gladden, raskin, mcfadden.

If everything worked out perfectly for me, the Republicans would spent some of that money you're talking about them spending in Maryland and run candidates in districts that aren't completely lost. The second best thing would be if all people who claim to be 2A would register to vote, and vote 2A. If they are in majority democrat districts, register as DINOs and run for office.

WTF .Gerrymandering??? Yea the best way to stop that is to get people who are conservative to register republican so they have no advantageous place to draw a line.

So, MOM drew the lines so no majority of Republicans got stuck in a mostly Democrat district?

You think getting a few hundred people to dino and hide among the enemy is going to change a district. If that's your logic, I don't follow. If all a district has is dems and dinos (which look like all dems to the party) why would The republican party throw money at that?

So you're saying if there was a few hundred more Republicans in that same district they'd run a candidate?

You said a hundred, I didn't, I want everyone who's in a place now where they don't vote because their vote can't count to go DINO.

The party and organization can provide more than money, or other information and support besides money, or both.

Unfortunately, unlike the mafia, my experience with National organizations is that they never want to show their friendship first.

I can show republican results. What do you have?

Good idea, can't work, don't try. What do they call doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result?

Blacksmith101

Grumpy Old Man
    Jun 22, 2012
    Hoo?, said the owl. Why be dino, without a who? Just to discourage future people like Hogan, Bongino, Szlega from running statewide?

Being a DINO is not about getting "good Democrats" elected it is about getting "BAD Democrats" unelected. The place to beat the Democratic machine is in the Democratic Primary because Maryland has a closed primary system. If you compare the primary ballots for the D's vs the R's most places in Maryland have a lot of D's running with multiple choices for each position. The R's on the other hand frequently have a single candidate for a position and a number of positions won't have any Republican running. Also because of the "closed primary" the Independent voters and the smaller parties like the Libertarians, Greens, and others do not get to vote in the primary at all.

By registering DINO you get to vote against the incumbent Democrats and if they are defeated in the primary they don't even get to face the Republican or any other party in the general election. Defeating the incumbent Democrats means that even if the D's get the seat they have lost their seniority and that will cost them in committees which is where seniority make a big difference. You can also see that the D's that do ge on the ballot are at least moderate in their views, more likely to compromise, than the currently rabid anti gun rabble the Democrats send to Annapolis now.

Finally when you call and write your representatives and say you are a registered Democrat who votes (and they do check) they will listen much better than if you are a Republican, those letters go in the trash. The Democratic party will waste their money on trying to get you to donate. And it make the efforts to Gerrymander election districts futile.

Become a DINO and work to defeat them from within; the bad taste in your mouth only lasts a little while.

If you like an incumbent Democrat, and it seems you do, you can always vote to keep them in office. Then watch them vote the party line for any anti gun law that is proposed. "WHO ME?" said the owl who thought he knew so much.

Mr H

Banana'd
    We can talk until we're blue in the face about the reasons for DiNO...

It's apparent that folks have decided to look at it from their own perspective, and not acknowledge the potential.

I'll keep on keeping on, but this thread proves why we beat our heads against the wall...

It feels so good when we stop.

Blacksmith101

Grumpy Old Man
    Jun 22, 2012
    We can talk until we're blue in the face about the reasons for DiNO...

It's apparent that folks have decided to look at it from their own perspective, and not acknowledge the potential.

I'll keep on keeping on, but this thread proves why we beat our heads against the wall...

It feels so good when we stop.

I heard today that 30% of the population believes storing things in the cloud actually involves those white fluffy things up in the sky. They better watch out because when it is full the SKY may start falling which would cause a lot of islands to tip over because of all the added weight of sky sitting on them.:sad20:

K31

MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2006
    AA county

Seems to me it's more deliberate focusing on a fractional part of the picture and distorting that for fear mongering. That, and contradictory statements.

Minuteman

BANNED!!!
    This outstanding former trooper expertly explains the 'problem' with the current 'establishment' Democrat Party (DP) we have in office.

They don't know jack about guns, much less about Liberty, or issues of self-defense.

If this man runs for political office, we all need to be "all-in":

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    Get the r's and all the dino's together and you might have enough for a pick up 1/2 court game, you mean? C'mon.

Ok, so you have district in mind? A particular candidate? A positive outcome if you do pull it off? Have your organized group, before the primary change their affiliation to democrat so you can accomplish what you want to do. But from what I have seen, heard, had explained, and begged again for a real world possible reality, there is no plan for any accomplishment.

So what have you done lately? :innocent0

Minuteman

BANNED!!!
    I have met Sheriff Jeff Gahler, he joined us at a rally in Annapolis against the egregious, anti-Constitutional laws being forced upon us in Maryland.

Sheriff Gahler asked if it was ok to take pictures of some of us with him during the rallies, we all were proud to stand with him. He epitomizes the best of American law enforcement.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom