• Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • So much hatred for something she did where she admitted that she was wrong to do what she did. She was young, impressionable, and did some stupid stuff. Has anyone else here ever done stupid stuff when they were young, dumb and impressionable?

I've done a good bit of reading about this, and I don't know why so many still harbor such hatred for something she has repeatedly apologized for that she did in 1972. 1972 for Christ's sake - that was 42 years ago when I was 2 years old. On top of that, much of what a lot of Jane Fonda haters say she did is little more than propaganda, and isn't true at all. (for anyone who would say otherwise, I encourage you to do some independent research on the subject.)

In the words of Elsa from the movie "Frozen" - let it gooooo, let it goooooo.....

Yeah,but not against a country or the people serving it.I built a shed once,doesn't make me a carpenter,IMHO what she said and did makes her a traitor.(I was 3 at the time).

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    I did some stupid stuff when I was young. But I didn't possibly get any US GI's killed because of my stupidity. I lost several friends in Viet Nam.

Sorry, some things just aren't fixed by "I'm sorry I was young and stupid."

Actions have consequences.

trickg

Guns 'n Drums
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 22, 2008
    Glen Burnie
    And what exactly did she do? Do you even know, or do you believe everything that has been passed along in chain emails?

Hit and Run

Ultimate Member
    Oct 15, 2010
    Prince Frederick
    So much hatred for something she did where she admitted that she was wrong to do what she did. She was young, impressionable, and did some stupid stuff. Has anyone else here ever done stupid stuff when they were young, dumb and impressionable?

I've done a good bit of reading about this, and I don't know why so many still harbor such hatred for something she has repeatedly apologized for that she did in 1972. 1972 for Christ's sake - that was 42 years ago when I was 2 years old. On top of that, much of what a lot of Jane Fonda haters say she did is little more than propaganda, and isn't true at all. (for anyone who would say otherwise, I encourage you to do some independent research on the subject.)

In the words of Elsa from the movie "Frozen" - let it gooooo, let it goooooo.....

She gave her first half hearted apology in Nov of 2012. Many rightfully hate this bit@$. She often defended her action as a legitimate war protest.

trickg

Guns 'n Drums
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 22, 2008
    Glen Burnie
    I did some stupid stuff when I was young. But I didn't possibly get any US GI's killed because of my stupidity. I lost several friends in Viet Nam.

Sorry, some things just aren't fixed by "I'm sorry I was young and stupid."

Actions have consequences.
    If that's what you believe, you are very likely ignorant regarding what she actually did and didn't do.

Again, do some real reading and research about it. It may enlighten you.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    Sitting on a North Vietnam gun battery gave the reds some legitimacy in some people's world view.

If it helped in any way to lengthen the war, then she's guilty of aiding and abetting IMO.

Just my opinion.

And please don't call me ignorant. I attended funerals of GI's killed in Vietnam.

She's no different IMO than Tokyo Rose.

trickg

Guns 'n Drums
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 22, 2008
    Glen Burnie
    She gave her first half hearted apology in Nov of 2012. Many rightfully hate this bit@$. She often defended her action as a legitimate war protest.
    That's incorrect too. Do some research.

Look, I don't love her, but if we are going to hate her for something, shouldn't it at least be for something she actually did?

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    I dunno does this look like a patriot to you?

Attachments

• hanoijane.jpg
      hanoijane.jpg
      36.9 KB · Views: 266
    • jane_fonda_sitting_at_gun[1].jpg
      jane_fonda_sitting_at_gun[1].jpg
      94.5 KB · Views: 279

ohen cepel

Ultimate Member
    Feb 2, 2011
    Where they send me.
    I did lots of stupid stuff when I was young.

One thing I did NOT do was travel to a nation we were fighting and hang out with the enemy and talk smack about my nation while there.

Yes, there are 2 sides to the story and lots of internet BS about it, I get that.

Did she travel to a nation we were fighting and provide photo ops for the enemy? Yes or no? Did she talk smack about the US while there providing propaganda for our enemy? Yes or no?

Per Snopes;
    In July 1972, during the waning days of U.S. military involvement in Vietnam, actress Jane Fonda incurred the enmity of untold thousands of Vietnam veterans and their families (as well as service members for generations to come) when she arrived in Hanoi, North Vietnam, and began a two-week tour of the country. Fonda visited North Vietnamese villages, hospitals, schools, and factories damaged in the war, weaving her comments about what she observed at those sites with denunciations of U.S. military policy in recordings broadcast as propaganda to U.S. servicemen via Radio Hanoi;
    met with international visitors and reporters who were also in North Vietnam; spent about an hour chatting with seven U.S. POWs at a meeting arranged by her North Vietnamese guides; and posed for photographs at an antiaircraft emplacement set up in a rural area just outside Hanoi.
    Read more at http://www.snopes.com/military/fonda.asp#EdFX2ZTP8Ytk1vJ8.99

At to the apologies, per Snopes first one was '88 for $$ reasons;
    In 1988, sixteen years after the fact, Fonda finally met with Vietnam veterans to apologize for her actions. This nationally televised apology (during which she characterized her actions as "thoughtless and careless") came at a time when New England vets were successfully disrupting a film project she was working on, leading some to read a huge dollop of self-interest into her apology.

Fonda also apologized in 2005, an act which once again coincided with the release of a film in which she had a starring role (Monster-in-Law, her first leading role since 1990's Stanley & Iris) and a book tour to promote her autobiography. As she had several years earlier, though, Fonda specifically apologized for the act of posing for photographs while seated at a North Vietnamese anti-aircraft gun but not for her other activities in North Vietnam:
    Read more at http://www.snopes.com/military/fonda.asp#EdFX2ZTP8Ytk1vJ8.99

aray

Ultimate Member
    Jun 6, 2010
    MD -> KY
    So much hatred for something she did where she admitted that she was wrong to do what she did. She was young, impressionable, and did some stupid stuff. Has anyone else here ever done stupid stuff when they were young, dumb and impressionable?

She has not apologized for everything that she did. Everyone points to her apology for sitting on the anti-aircraft gun. But along with that came the propaganda photos, the singing about the mass-murderer "Uncle Ho", the smiling and clapping at that event, etc. Yes, she blamed it on youthful indiscretions. She was 35 at the time. Is that youthful? Not in my book.

But to my knowledge she has never apologized for calling the tortured POWs "liars". Ask Senator McCain about what he went through. Ask any POW who was tortured, and said so, when those few who survived were released. And this wasn't squirting a little water up their nose (like we do for our own pilots during training) or putting a fuzzy caterpillar in the same room with a prisoner who was afraid of bugs. You can read for yourself the true impact of the true torture the VC did during that war.

Liars? I think not. The only liar I see is Jane Fonda. I have no use for her until she is sincere about the full extent of what she did during that period.

Lou45

R.I.P.
    Jun 29, 2010
    Carroll County
    She has not apologized for everything that she did. Everyone points to her apology for sitting on the anti-aircraft gun. But along with that came the propaganda photos, the singing about the mass-murderer "Uncle Ho", the smiling and clapping at that event, etc. Yes, she blamed it on youthful indiscretions. She was 35 at the time. Is that youthful? Not in my book.

But to my knowledge she has never apologized for calling the tortured POWs "liars". Ask Senator McCain about what he went through. Ask any POW who was tortured, and said so, when those few who survived were released. And this wasn't squirting a little water up their nose (like we do for our own pilots during training) or putting a fuzzy caterpillar in the same room with a prisoner who was afraid of bugs. You can read for yourself the true impact of the true torture the VC did during that war.

Liars? I think not. The only liar I see is Jane Fonda. I have no use for her until she is sincere about the full extent of what she did during that period.

It's now 42+ years after the fact and if by some ultra remote chance she makes an apology for her entire stunt in that North Vietnam incident, I won't and never will accept it. Hey Commie Jane Cvnt Fonda, eat shit and die bitch so I can piss on your grave.

BUFF7MM

☠Buff➐㎣☠
    Mar 4, 2009
    Garrett County
    That's incorrect too. Do some research.

Look, I don't love her, but if we are going to hate her for something, shouldn't it at least be for something she actually did?

And where are you getting your info, the Internet?
    Bonjour
    She is a no good mother****er, she shit on the graves of every soldier that never made it home from Vietnam!!!
    But I'll give you this much, you've got some balls to get on here and defend that piece of shit.

trickg

Guns 'n Drums
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 22, 2008
    Glen Burnie
    And where are you getting your info, the Internet?
    Bonjour
    She is a no good mother****er, she shit on the graves of every soldier that never made it home from Vietnam!!!
    But I'll give you this much, you've got some balls to get on here and defend that piece of shit.
    I'm not defending her completely, only saying that most of the people who purport to hate her for the things she did are ignorant of exactly just what it was that she did do. She did some stupid stuff - no doubt about it, but even she admits how dumb it all was, how ignorant and foolish she was at the time, (and not knowing how much damage her actions were causing) and how much she regretted it. 2012 was yet one more time that she apologized for it - it's not by far the only time.

Many of the people who post about how they vehemently hate her often don't actually know what she did, hate her for things they heard somewhere along the way, and accept that propaganda as fact.

I only hope that if there comes a day when one of you does something wrong and stupid, that you are given just as much of a second chance as she has been given.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom